|Course Name||Rating||Total Fee|
Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech]
4Years Full Time
|6.0||₹89,500 per year||Apply Now|
Master of Technology [M.Tech]
2Years Full Time
|6.0||₹87,750 per year||Apply Now|
3Years Full Time
|6.0||₹20,067 per year||Apply Now|
National Institute of Technology, Sikkim (NITSKM) is one among the ten newly sanctioned NIT’s by the Government of India in 2009 under the Eleventh Five year plan. NIT Sikkim’s Campus is coming up in Khamdong. P r e s e n t l y t h e academic activities are being conducted at its Ravangla Campus which is located at Ravangla also known as Rabong as a prominent tourist spot in Sikkim. Ravangla campus is surrounded by lofty mountains covered with snow capin season.
The famous Kanchenjungha peak is also visible behind the Lofty Mountains which is a beautiful tourist town situated in South Sikkim district of India.
It is connected by state highway to other major towns in the state and lies between Pelling and Gangtok.
The college provides the following facilities to aid the placement process:
• Multipurpose hall for pre-placement talks, written test, group discussion and interview.
• Audio – Visual aids like laptop, LCD Projectors and well equipped Computer Labs for conducting online tests upon prior intimation.
• Internet, Fax, copier and other required facilities are provided for the visiting team.
• Conveyance from/to airport or railway station would be arranged by the department upon prior intimation.
• Accommodation and food arrangement will be made in the Institute’s Guest house and the cost would be borne by the Institute.
• If the visiting team wishes to stay outside the campus all the accommodation and food arrangement would be made in a Hotel
nearby the campus on behalf of the company.
The institute has residential facilities for all students, even though the institute is running on temporary campus. Both boys and girls have been provided separate accommodation facility in different hostels. There are three hostels for girl students and Eleven hostels for boys students within the campus. Since the Institute is running on a small temporary campus and students’ strength is increasing every year, two new hostels have been hired on rent near the campus, at distance of about 1.5 to 2 KM. Moreover, keeping in view on further requirement, construction of two new hostels are going on within the campus, having a capacity of about 240 students. Also, the newly admitted 1st year students are kept in separate hostels away from senior students to avoid ragging.
Generally, four students share an apartment consisting of two rooms, attached toilet (having geysers), and a balcony. The buildings are airy, and receive enough sunlight with a beautiful view of snowy Himalayan peaks, like Mt. Narshinga and Mt. Kanchenjunga (World’s third highest peak).
Placement Stats for 2014 :
Percentage of students placed (%)