Facilities available in University
Major Courses Offered by University
View All Courses
Dr. Prafulla Agnihotri
Abhishek K. Totawar
Among the many top ranked management institutes in India, the Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli is deserves a mentioning. Students from all over the country come here to take admissions and make a successful career in the field of management.
- The institute was established on January 4 in the year 2011 by the Honorable HRD and Telecommunication Minister, Mr. Kapil Sibbal.
- It is presently the 11th management institute in the country that has been established under the benefaction of the Government of India
- The IIM-T is in the continuous process of development and it has in its short span of just over two years have achieved many milestones
- On the Trichy-Pudukottai highway is being built the huge permanent campus stretching over 172 acres of land which is currently operating from the NIT Tiruchirapalli.
- It hopes to bring more and more achievements from the students by implementing various innovative programs
- The PG Program in Management is its premier flagship program through which it hopes to create brilliant professionals for the industries in the country.
- One of the unique features of IIMT is that it focuses on balancing the ratio between students and teachers so that the learning and teaching process is done in the best possible way.
The IIMT has a well-balanced academic structure that focuses on the issues of the present market at national and international platform. To have a better understanding of the needs and requirements of the management field, various research works have been done in the institute. Some of which are:
- An overview of Depersonalization in the Organizational context
- Mood and Self- Efficacy: Moderation of Hedonic and Utilitarian Motivation
- A report on the Employee Engagement, Culture, Communication and Interpersonal Dynamics in an Organization
- India’s Outward Foreign Direct Investments in Steel Industry in a Chinese Comparative Perspective
- An Empirical Analysis on Six Sigma Implementation in Service Organizations and many such works have been done.
This process also provides an opportunity for students with prior work experience to take up a role in an entirely different area based on academic specialization and career goals.
All 85 students who had registered for final placements have been placed in 2012-14 Batch
Number of students in the batch
Number of students registered for final placements
Number of students placed
Number of recruiters who participated in the process
Total number of offers made
Minimum Annual Compensation (in Rs. Lakhs)
Maximum Annual Compensation (in Rs. Lakhs)
Sector wise Split up of Recruiters
Percentage of Recruiters
FMCG & Healthcare
Ecommerce & Sports
Infrastructure & Energy
Education & Manufacturing
To bring seasoned executives to conduct skills sessions there are following clubs formed:
- Consulate club
- Enviro club
- MAC club
- Matrix club
- Finvest club
- SigmaEta club
- Personal club
Students at IIMT are provided with exceptional accommodation facilities with superior amenities available in all the hostels.
- It has separate hostel facility for boys and girls and top most care is being taken to look after the convenience and comfort of the students
- The boys’ hostel is called Beryl and is situated alongside the academic block with rooms having all the latest amenities
- There is also present in the hostel a state of the art entertainment room having an LCD TV and also facilities like recreation room with indoor games are available.
- The boys’ hostel also has available space outside the building where they can enjoy outdoor games like cricket, football etc.
- Opal is the name of the girls’ hostel situated within the NIT campus having a picturesque location.
- The hostel has a gymnasium and big open spaces to do activates such as socializing and all and celebrating different festivals.
- The mess provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meal and also a few snacks and beverages.
Learning Resource Center (LRC)
The institute also provides a massive range of knowledge resources that could be accessed from the Learning Resource Center.
- The LRC provides a platform from where the students can access a varied range of research materials
- It presents to the students a congenial learning environment with state of the art facilities by which they can search anything related to any topic of Business and Management.
- LRC is empowered through the RIFD technology and the center is entirely connected by Wi-Fi which enables the students to access e-resources faster.
- The facilities for sports are provided at the NIT Trichy for the students of IIMT who have complete authority to avail these facilities.
- There is a sports complex which boasts of a well maintained fitness center, courts for badminton, tennis, basketball etc.
- There is also a big cricket field having the facilities of net and running track as well.
The institute houses a computer center fully equipped with modern equipment’s and gadgets.
- There are more than 100 PCs with Core i5 Processor in the computer center and latest tools of software have also been made available to the students
- The whole campus has Wi-Fi connection round the clock with the availability of internet access too