Facilities available in University
Major Courses Offered by University
View All Courses
Basav Roy Choudhury
Harsh Vardhan Samalia
IIM Shillong, has been set up with a vision of expansion and mobilisation of facilities for offering good quality management education and research in the North Eastern region of India. The decision of coming up with an Indian Institute of Management in the North East was unanimously taken by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development along with the Chief Ministers of the North Eastern States in the Review Meeting held at Shillong during June 2004.
- Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management (RGIIM), Shillong (abbreviated IIM Shillong or IIM-S), is an autonomous business school located in Shillong, Meghalaya, India. It was established in 2008 by the Government of India and is the seventh IIM to be established.
- The foundation stone for the school was laid on December 1, 2007, and the first academic session began on July 4, 2008.
- IIM Shillong represented India in the Asia Pacific round of the Global Investment Research Challenge (GIRC) twice in succession (2011 and 2012). In June 2012, Indian B-Schools published by Business World ranked IIM eighth among the best business schools in India.
- Situated Meghalaya in the north eastern part of India, IIM Shillong is one of the most thriving of educational destinations in India. The nearest airport is situated in Guwahati and the university can be reached with ease through the use of bus, car and train services.
Final Placement Report 2013-14
Total No. of Students:
Number of students opting out:
Number of recruiters confirming presence:
Number of recruiters making offers:
Highest Domestic CTC
ING 22 LPA
Highest International CTC
INR 37 LPA
INR 12.49 LPA
INR 12 LPA
- Prof. Keya Sengupta, Director of IIMS won the Education Leadership Award in the ET NOW National Education Leadership Awards.
- Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management, Shillong was also awarded for the Outstanding B-School (East) and Industry related Curriculum in Information Technology during the ET NOW National Education Leadership Awards.
- Ajay R and Shantanu Mittal (Student Placement Coordinators) receiving the award for Innovations on Placement in Mumbai.
- Merlvin J Mukhim CPRO receiving the award for B-School with Industry related Curriculum in Operations Management in Mumbai
- IIM Shillong successfully hosts EmergE 2014, the third edition of the annual entrepreneurship summit, on a bigger scale:
- EmergE 2014, the annual entrepreneurship summit of IIM Shillong was held on 13th-14th September 2014. This summit was organized by the Entrepreneurship Cell, i-Cube—is rooted in the concept—Envision.
- Mini Exposition and Launch of Resource book for Livelihood Promotion at IIM Shillong:
- A mini exposition for the launch of the Resource Book for Livelihood Promotion was held on 25 August, 2014 at IIM Shillong and was attended by representatives of various Govt and non Govt. development agencies in the city.
- SPIC MACAY:
- The evening in Shillong was filled with the celestial sounds of the Sarod as Pandit Buddhadev Das Gupta enthralled an audience at the Indian Institute of Management, Shillong. The concert was organized on account of Janmashtami celebrations.
- SPIC MACAY is a voluntary youth movement which promotes Indian classical music, classical dance, folk music, yoga, meditation, crafts and other aspects of Indian culture. Started in 1977 by Mr. Kiran Seth, SPIC MACAY presently has over 500 chapters across the world and holds around 6,000 events annually.
- Deepening Industry-Institute engagement: New Models for Greater Connect:
- IIM Shillong has won the Silver at Indian Management Conclave Awards 2014 for the theme ‘Deepening Industry-Institute engagement: New Models for Greater Connect’ at the IMC Conference that was held on August 8-9, 2014 in New Delhi.
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam visits IIM Shillong, teaches the Dimensions of National Development:
- “I want to see all of you as the creative leaders to bring about the required change”, said Dr. Kalam, Dr. Kalam is at the Institute for a course on the “Dimensions of National Development”. He talked about the challenges that our country and the world is facing at large and emphasized on the role of leadership to tackle these issues and develop possible solutions.
- Dr. Kalam talked about his concept of PURA (Providing Urban Amenities to Rural Areas) which focuses on rural development by providing opportunities through cooperative working of resource and social entrepreneur. This would enable our country to grow by shared efforts and overcome the challenges faced by the society.
Extra Curricular Activities :
- IIM Shillong offers every facility to its students for developing their skills.
- Various clubs are present on campus such as the EcoBiz club which organizes seminars and events.
- SPIC MACAY has a chapter in the college which looks after the cultural side.
- Special days such as Hindi Diwas and Pakhwada competition, Diwali etc. are celebrated on Campus.
- Students participate in various fests organized by IIMC, FMS, IIM Trichy etc. and they have won cash prizes in various events.
- Various journals are published in the university like biteSYS, Markathon and Symphony.
- For students interested in sports, Golf tournaments are organized on campus.
- Various eminent personalities have visited the campus to give talks and lectures.
- Prof. Keya Sengupta of IIMS won the Education Leadership Award.
- Student Placement Coordinators Ajay R and Shantanu Mittal receiving the award for Innovations on Placement in Mumbai.
- Niveditya S, Hemanth Kattamuri, Punit Bhansali received the Second position during the Crack IT, Systems and Technology Event.
- IIM Shillong ranks in eighth position among all the top business schools in the country of India. It was the 7th IIM to be established as Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management.
- It won the Education Leadership Award, conferred by ET Now National education Awards.
The Fellow Programme in Management which can be pursued in Economics, Marketing and other disciplines is one where students are provided stipends and fellowships.
- For the first year, a student will be given INR 20,000, for second and third year INR 25,000 and for fourth year, INR 30,000.
- An additional stipend of INR 5,000 will be paid to students for academic duty assigned up to 10 hours in a week.
- Students who will be teaching full 30 credits courses will be given an additional stipend of Rs 7,000/-