Facilities available in University
Major Courses Offered by University
View All Courses
Dr. Surendra Pal
Dr. Mahesh M. S.
Assistant Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering
Mrs. Sunita Vikrant Dhavale
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Mr. Kailas Kantilal Sawant
Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics Engineering
Dr. Ashutosh C. Abhyankar
Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Engineering
Dr. A. Kumaraswamy
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. S. K. Srivastava
Assistant Professor, Department of Bioscience
Dr. Prashant S. Kulkarni
Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry
Dr. D. Srikanth
Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics
Dr. Tejashree M Bhave
Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Physics
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) is one of the best deemed university of the country. It is an autonomous organization. It is a step ahead in providing top level of technological studies in the country. It was founded in the year 1952 being called initially as The Institute of Armament Studies in the CME campus. It got its present name in April, 2006 after being accredited as a deemed university in the year 2000 before which it was named as The Institute of Armament Technology (IAT). The university has a unique program run by it known as the POINTS Program, an initiative taken by the DRDO to provide integrated training to the beginners.
About Defence Institute of Advanced Technology:
Department of Defense R & D of the Ministry of Defense, Government of India.
UGC and AICTE, New Delhi
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
Located at Girinagar, Pune, Maharashtra
Nearest Metropolitan City
How to Travel
- 20km from Pune Railway Station
- 32km from Pune Airport
- 18 km from Shivaji Nagar Bus Station
- 15km from Swargate Bus Station.
The Deemed University of DIAT has been a center of excellence as evident from the alumni of this university.
- Army personnel, generals, air marshals and naval admirals are in the elite list of the DIAT (DU) alumni.
- The top position holders and decision makers of the esteemed Defense Projects such as IGMDP were also a trainee at this university.
- Up to now, over 20, 000 officers of all the armed forces and the DRDO as well have received training at the DIAT (DU).
- Alumni belonging to non-governmental organizations also are there.
- Departments of Aerospace Engineering
- Departments of Armament Engineering
- Departments of Computer Engineering
- Departments of Mechanical Engineering
- Departments of Bioscience and Technology
- Departments of Technology Management
- Departments of Applied Chemistry
- Departments of Applied Mathematics and
- Departments of Applied Physics
At the Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, the importance of research programs is well realized and thus the institute dedicates a lot of its effort towards it.
- In its venture of carrying out various research programs in the applied science and engineering field, the university is getting immense help from various organizations.
- The university is receiving grants from the headquarters of DRDO, from DRDO labs, CSIR, DST, DBT, leading industries and other departments of the government.
The DIAT (DU) library has a vast collection of about 90,000 books, periodicals, thesis and dissertation, technical reports, videos, CDs/DVDs, and a collection of special books. Online database, around 500 e-books and e-journals and multimedia library facilities are also available.
- A fully equipped ladies hostel is made available to the girl students and each room has an attached washroom.
- An approximate 50 rooms are allotted to the students allowing a maximum of two girls for each room.
- There is also a three block (A, B, C namely) hostel facility for the POINTS members which has 200 ultra-comfy rooms
- All the rooms have the capacity to accommodate two students easily
- A splendid guest house is also located inside the campus surrounded with picturesque beauty
- Two VIP and 8 general rooms are there to be accommodated.
- CROWN (Computing Resources over Wired Network) facility is made available set up in the technical campus catering to the technological needs of DIAT (DU).
- The facility has features like 10 gbps backbone connectivity
- IT consolidation in DATA center
- SAN storage and Blade servers
- Network Security and Content Catching
- DRONA (Rapid Online Network Access of DRDO) is connected to the DIAT (DU) LAN and the website is also hosted to it.
- The entire campus is provided with full internet access, a controller based Wi-Fi network running all throughout the campus.
The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology is given been placed by the MHRD of the Government of India in Category ‘A’ Deemed University.