XAT Result 2018 will announce online on January 31. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is set to be organized on January 7. XLRI Jamshedpur, the organizing body of XAT, will declare the results at its official website i.e. xatonline.net.in. XAT Scores are valid for one year only.
- Aspirants completing the cut off can then proceed to further selection stages (Group Discussion, Individual Interview or Written Ability Test).
- The document contains an aspirant’s overall as well as sectional percentile.
- The scores secured in XAT are considered for admission to both, part-time and full-time MBA programs in XLRI & other B-Schools.
- To reach XAT scorecard, enter your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text in the login window.
- XAT Cut off is also announced along with the result. One must note that the cut off differs institute to institute.
- The overall cut off for BM is expected to be 96, 92.55 for HR and 22 & above for GMP.
XAT Result Highlights
|XAT Result 2018 Date||January 31, 2018|
|Result will be declared by||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|XAT Result will be declared at||www.xatonline.net.in|
|Result can be reached using||Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text |
|Details on Score Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Courses Available||Business Management (BM), Human Resources (HR) and General Management Program (GMP)|
|Validity of XAT Result||1 year|
Date of XAT Result 2018
For all the aspirants awaiting XAT Result, here are all important dates for your reference:
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||January 7, 2018|
|Announce of XAT Official Response Key||January 19, 2018|
|Declaration of XAT Result 2018||January 31, 2018|
How to Check XAT Result 2018?
It must be noted that XAT Result will be declared online. Aspirants who appeared in the exam can check XAT Results from January 31, 2018 onwards. Here’s is how you can check your result: However, the scorecards will be sent by post.
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in.
- Look up for the link “XAT 2018- Score Card” on the top of the page.
- Log-in using your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text, offered at the time of application.
- Click on the link “Download XAT Score Card”.
- Download the scorecard which is available in PDF pattern.
Note: XAT 2018 result and scorecard will be available for download for as long as the admission procedure continues. Aspirants can download it anytime during this period.
How to Calculate XAT Result?
- In XAT, each question carries 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The scores of Paper 1 and Paper 2 are calculated variously and will also be mentioned under separate sections in the XAT scorecards.
- A maximum of 12 questions can be left unresponsive. Post that, there is negative marking of 0.05 marks.
- The percentage or percentile of GK will be calculated separately and not comprised of total percentage or percentile.
XAT Score vs Percentile
Here are the marks vs percentile analysis for XAT 2018. OA stands for Overall Aggregate.
- 42.82 OA → 97.891 percentile
- 47.12 OA → 99.278 percentile
- 51.26 OA → 99.751 percentile
- 45.64 OA → 98.896 percentile
- 40.83 OA → 96.842 percentile
XAT 2018 Score Card
XAT scorecard is an important document that must be safely preserved. It must be noted that the original XAT Score Card will be sent through the post at the registered address of the aspirant. Based on the marks scored, aspirants will be shortlisted for further selection rounds. It contains the marks obtained by an aspirant in the different section of XAT 2018.
Following are the details that are mentioned on XAT scorecard:
- Percentages and Percentiles scored in various sections of XAT 2018
- Exam Date
- Name of the aspirant
- XAT ID
- Date of announcing of XAT result
Note: XAT has three main sections viz. Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Logical Ability and Judgement Making. There is also a fourth section corresponding to General Knowledge. However, marks in GK are not considered while preparing the merit list.
What after XAT 2018 Result?
- Each college declares its separate XAT Cut off. The selection rounds vary too.
- A GD/PI list of shortlisted aspirants is announced. All the shortlisted aspirants then need to update the city to appear for the interview and also submit certain documents.
- The interviews at XLRI are scheduled in February and March 2018.
- They have to book their interview slots and upload self-profile assessment and video.
- All qualifying aspirants can seek admission in any one of the 150 premium B-schools via the country. These comprise 11 member institutes of XAMI, listed below:
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- XISS Ranchi
- XIM Jabalpur
- XIM&R Mumbai
- XIM&E Bangalore
- XIM Bhubaneshwar
- St. Aloysius Institute
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
- SFIMR Mumbai
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore
- LIBA Chennai
Expected XAT 2018 Cut Off
- The selection criteria to shortlist aspirants can comprise GD, PI, and Essay Writing. These too vary institute-wise.
- The cutoff for XAT varies for various programs for various institutes.
- Aspirants must complete the sectional as well as overall cut off to be considered the pass.
- All aspirants who complete XAT and score the at least need cut off will proceed to further rounds of selection.
- Apart from XLRI, the other participating Institutes of XAT do not declare XAT cutoffs officially.
The below table describes the percentile need for various programs of XLRI:
|Program(s) Provided||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Judgement Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall|
|Human Resource Management||76.69||71.628||70.07||92.55|
|Global Management Programme||5 and above||5 and above||6 and above||22 and above|
Check Expected XAT Cut off
How to Apply for Institutes Accepting XAT Score?
Aspirants who have appeared for XAT can apply for the institutes accepting XAT score. Steps to apply for admission to MBA/PGDM degree of the member institutes of XAMI are mentioned below:
- Register for XAT 2018 by visiting the official website.
- Obtain clear details about the admission procedure from the official website of the institute or their administrative office.
- Follow the specified registration or application process.
XAT Colleges will be providing admission into their post-graduate management programs to those aspirants who have completed the XAT cutoff and the GDPI rounds successfully and whose names are present in the final shortlist published on the website.
Result for shortlisted aspirants for further rounds of GD/PI
- A very important point to be noted is that each institution independently decides the weights to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its obligations.
- Aspirants shortlisted for GD/PI will also be intimated personally by the organizing authority.
- After XAT 2018, based on the cut-offs, the list of the shortlisted aspirants for the next round of GDPI will be prepared.
- XLRI does not play any sort of role in the selection of the participants in these institutes.
We hope all the deserving aspirants secure a seat in their preferred college. Gear up for the exam on January 7. Good luck! Completing XAT becomes easier if you prepare all the sections well.