XAT Registration 2018
XAT Registration 2018
concluded on December 15
. Interested aspirants had to register for Xavier Aptitude Test in an online method at xatonline.in.
The at least eligibility to apply for XAT
is possession of a Bachelor’s Degree
All aspirants applying for XAT 2018 must clear the 5 main steps given below:
Step 1- XAT Registration- Visit the official website and register using your individual details (Name, Contact Details and Email ID). You will receive a unique ID and Password to clear the further procedure.
Step 2- Fill Application Form- Fill-in your individual and academic details, work experience, preferred course, and XAT Exam Centers.
Step 3- Fee Payment- Pay the requisite application fee in either online or offline method. The Application Fee for XAT is INR 1650 (INR 2000 as late fee) for all categories.
Step 4- Upload Documents- Upload scanned images of your recent photograph and signature.
Step 5- Confirmation Page- Post previewing all the filled data, you will receive a confirmation page.
All aspirants who register successfully will be applicable to download XAT Hall Ticket from December 20 onwards. The exam is scheduled on January 7, 2018 in the online method. Check XAT Syllabus
XAT Registration Highlights
|XAT 2018 Registration Date||August 16- December 15, 2017|
|Organizing Body||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Method of Application||Online |
|XAT Official Website||www.xatonline.in|
|At Least eligibility to Register for XAT||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Documents need at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recent photograph, and signature|
|XAT Application Fee ||INR 1650|
|Aspirants expected to register for XAT 2018||Over 90,000|
|XAT Contact Detailsfirstname.lastname@example.org OR 1800 419 2929|
XAT Registration Dates 2018
The following table states all important XAT Registration Dates 2018. Make sure you do not miss any of these.
|Availability of XAT 2018 Application Form||August 16, 2017|
|XAT 2018 Registration Last Date||December 15, 2017|
|Last Date for Online / Offline Fee Payment||August 16 to December 15, 2017|
Check all XAT Exam Dates 2018
XAT 2018 How to Apply?
XAT Registration will conclude on December 15. However, the fee payment can be done in online and offline methods. No forms are available on an offline platform.
Before applying, it is essential to keep willing the below details:
- Details of work experiences (if any)
- Valid mobile phone number
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Bank details (credit card, debit card or net banking) for payment of Application fees
- Valid email address
- Marksheets of class X, XII, graduation and/or other equivalent exams.
Steps to Apply for XAT 2018
Step 1- XAT Registration
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in
- Click on ‘Register Online’
- Click on tab "Click here for New Registration"
- Read all instructions and click ‘Continue’
- Enter your Name, Contact details, and Email-id
- Note down your provisional XAT ID & Password sent on email and SMS
- Log-in using your XAT ID & Password and begin filling the application form. It comprises the below steps:
Step 2: Fill Basic Information
- Choose XAT Exam Center, fill Full Name, upload scanned photo and signature and save that page.
- If an aspirant is a foreign/NRI participant, they have to apply only via GMAT score.
- Select your citizenship if Indian/ Foreign / NRI.
Step 3: Program Selection
- Aspirants who are not interested in any of the XLRI programs can skip this step.
- Select the program of your choice from the given options: Business Management (BM)/ Human Resource Management (HRM)/ General Management Programme (GMP).
Step 4: Fill Individual Details
- Fill all individual information such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Fathers Name, Mothers Name, Category and Phone Number etc.
Step 5: Fill Educational Details
- Aspirants interested in applying to GMP must have total experience of 5 years.
- Offer details of work experience starting from the latest job.
- Fill up your educational qualification starting from class X.
Read more on How to apply for XAT?
Step 6: Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
Images that match the specified dimensions will only be accepted. Read below to know the accepted dimensions/pattern:
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||20kb-50kb||JPost Graduate or JPEG|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||10kb —20kb||JPost Graduate or JPEG|
Step 7: Make Fee Payment
The fee structure for aspirants appearing in XAT is mentioned below.
|Type of Exam||Fee|
|Only XAT||INR 1650|
|XAT + XLRI (per course)||INR 1650 + INR 300 (per course)|
|Only XAT with Late Fee||INR 2000|
|XAT + XLRI (per course) with Late fee||INR 2000+ INR 500 (per course)|
There are three possible methods in which payment can be procedure:
- Method 1: Via Online Payment Gateway- Via VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards; IDBI Net Banking (this option is available only for people having IDBI account) Check IDBI Disciplines in India
- Method 2: Via Cash Payment- Aspirants can take print of XAT Pay-In-Slip and visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
- Method 3: Via Demand Draft- Aspirants can make a DD made from any Bank in favor of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur.
The Confirmation page and the Demand Draft has to be sent to the following address within 15 days of issuance of DD:
The Chairperson Admission,
XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
Note: Participant paying via Method 2 & 3 should update the payment details on the registration page so that there is no delay.
Ques. How to apply for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. To apply for XAT Member Institutes, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website i.e. xatonline.in
- Obtain the application form after registering online post fee payment
- For further details, visit personal websites of the institutes
- Please note that each institution independently decides the weights to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its obligations.
- XLRI does not play any role in the selection of the aspirants in these institutes. For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website).
For a complete understanding on XAT Registration, you may refer to our PPT below:
All aspirants who register successfully can download their hall ticket from December 20 onwards. Read 7 pointers to Check in XAT Hall Ticket 2018 It cam be reached from xatonline.in.
XAT 2018 Registration for Foreign Nationals
- These aspirants have an option of applying either via XAT or GMAT.
- The acceptable categories comprise Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign Nationality (FN).
- Aspirants of foreign nationality can apply for XAT 2018.
- The dates and steps to apply via XAT are same as given above.
- To apply using GMAT Score, the last date is December 31, 2017.
Applying through GMAT Score
- Login to GMAT LOGIN if you have a willing registered or go to XLRI GMAT Registration and register yourself
- Fill preliminary information like GMAT detail, individual information, interview city etc. and submit it
- Note down unique user ID (GMT ID) & password on your email
- Re-login and fill other details like programmes(s) and make payment
- Select XLRI programmes (BM, HRM & GMP) strictly in order of priority
- Select Method of Payment: There are two possible methods of payment
- Method 2- Demand Draft- Aspirant has to get a DD made in favor of "XLRI Programmes" payable at Jamshedpur.
- Method 1- Online Payment Gateway- Via VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards (American Express Card is inadmissible), IDBI Net banking (this option is available only for IDBI account holder)
- Pay the requisite application fee:
- For Indian Aspirant: INR 2,500/- for all Aspirants interested in GMP programme.
- For NRI Aspirant: INR 5,000/- for all Aspirants irrespective of any number of programmes.
- Upload your scanned recent digital photograph and signature
- Print the confirmation page and send along with the DD (if paid via DD) to the Admission Office of XLRI, within fifteen days from the date of issuance of DD.
NOTE: A aspirant paid via online method, don't have to send XLRI GMAT Confirmation Page.
Instructions for Photograph & Signature XAT 2018
Aspirants must adhere to the instructions regarding the photograph and signature that are to be uploaded during XAT Registration. They are given below:
Instructions for XAT Photograph
- Put the file name as ‘photo.jpeg’
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- Look directly at the camera with a relaxed face.
- The photograph must be a recent passport size color picture.
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- The picture should be in color, against a light-colored, preferably white, background.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be completely seen.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colors etc., during the procedure of scanning.
Instructions for XAT Signature
- The participant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
- The signature must be signed only by the participant and not by any other person.
- The Signature will be used to put on the ADMIT CARD and wherever necessary.
- The Participant’s signature obtained on the ADMIT CARD and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of a mismatch, the aspirant may be disqualified.
- Put the file name as ‘sign.jpeg’.
Process for Uploading XAT Photograph and Signature
1. There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
2. Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
3. Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
4. Select the file by clicking on it.
5. Click the 'Upload' button
XAT 2018 Form Correction
- For any kind of Correction in the application form, aspirants can go to the contact us tab on the official website.
- Aspirants can check their application form status by logging in using XAT registration ID and password.
- A form will be displayed which has to be filled.
- Incomplete application forms will be rejected if the necessary Corrections are not made or if the form is incomplete in any attitude.
- The form Correction window of XAT 2018 is functional from August 16- December 15, 2017. Check all XAT Exam Dates 2018
- Mention all the details need and in the message body mention your Correction details.
- Email, name and other details should be same as they were entered during registration.
- It will display the message ‘Registration procedure Successful’ or ‘Registration Procedure Incomplete’.
- A priority list is also given so that high priority Corrections can be made first.
XAT 2018 Eligibility
The basic eligibility needs to apply for XAT 2018 is that one should have an at least of 3 years’ Bachelor’s degree in any branch. Final year students completing their exam by June 10, 2018, are also applicable to apply for Human Resource Management and Business Management programs.
XAT Eligibility is mentioned below:
- General Management Program: Participants should have 3 years Bachelor’s degree from India or abroad they should also have 5 years experience in supervision or management by March 31, 2018
- Business Management: 3 years Bachelor’s degree in any branch is needed. Aspirants must have appeared for XAT 2018. International participants may also apply via GMAT score except for Dubai and Katmandu aspirants as they have an option to appear for the exam itself.
- Human Resource Management: At Least 3 years bachelor’s degree in any branch and should have appeared for XAT 2018. NRI and foreign participants may also apply via GMAT score. Dubai and Katmandu aspirants have the option to give the exam at these centers.
XAT Registration 2018 FAQs
Ques. How to retrieve XAT Application Number and Password?
Ans. To retrieve Application Number, aspirants can check their email for XAT registration ID. In case it is not retrieved, they can call on the helpline number 1800-419-4177.
To retrieve XAT password, follow the below steps:
- Go to the website and enter the login window
- Select “forgot password”.
- It asks you for a captcha and the email id that you used to register. The email linked to XAT registration is only validated.
- The new password or the new reset password link will be emailed to this ID.
If one does not receive registration number and password, they must check the spam/junk folder. Aspirants can also call the helpline number: 1800 300 20677 between 9 AM to 8 PM. If the mail still cannot be situated, contact email@example.com mentioning your email ID.
Ques. What should I do if there is a lot of delay in reaching the page?
Ans. Speed for online application on the Internet is based factors like Internet Speed, a number of participants trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore, if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of 15 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
Ques. How do I know that my application is registered?
Ans. Successful Registration is indicated by the Page displayed after clicking the Submit Button indicating the generated "XAT ID". If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-Print the Application and download the Hall Ticket. Please note down the same cautiously, and preserve it.
Ques. How do I re-confirm that my application is saved?
Ans. In case of doubt about the successful Registration, aspirants are advised to visit the Page for Re-Print of Application, generate the Printout and preserve the soft copy and hard copy (printout) of the Application.
Ques. I got Blank / Zero XAT ID after submission of application online. What to do?
Ans. In rare cases, Aspirants may get Zero (0) XAT ID with valid Password. Aspirants are advised to Re-Register the Application and check the Printout via Re -Print Application.
Ques. By Registering and paying for XAT 2018, am I applicable for XLRI and other Associate Member Institutes?
Ans. Aspirants interested in XLRI obligatory to apply for the programmes of their choice. Please note that each institution independently decides the weights to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its obligations. XLRI does not play any role in the selection of the aspirants in these institutes For XAT Associate Member Institutes (refer XAT Associate Institutes website) XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI.
Ques. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Ans. Aspirants who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage of graduation and post graduation.