TANCET 2018 Result will be declared tentatively in the second week of June 2018 by Anna University. They will obligatory to take its printout as well because it is needed at the time of admission. The rank card contains the marks/percentiles scored by them in overall and in personal sections.
- Aspirants can check their result/rank card from annauniv.edu
- Based on the number of applicants and average percentile scored, institutes determine their personal cut off.
- TANCET Result can be reached by entering Login ID and Password.
- Aspirants qualifying TANCET Cut Offset by the Anna University will be applicable for the admission procedure in different colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- The qualification criteria for TANCET depends on aspirant’s category.
TANCET Rank Card is a compulsory document which should be produced at the time of counseling, held via TANCA 2018. Tamil Nadu Common Admission (TANCA) or TANCET Counseling would start post declaration of the result.
TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance test held for admission to MBA/MCA/ME/MTech courses in Tamil Nadu. The test is organizeed annually in the offline method by Anna University in the month of March.
Highlights of TANCET 2018 Result
|TANCET 2018 Result will be declared in ||June 2018 (Tentative)|
|Organizing Body||Anna University|
|Courses Provideed||ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan, MBA and MCA|
|Publication of TANCET Response Keys||April 2018 (Tentative)|
|TANCET Counseling will commence in ||June 2018 (Tentative)|
How to Check TANCET 2018 Result?
Anna University will announce TANCET Result in the online method at its official website. Aspirants can check their results by entering their TANCET 2018 Registration number and date of birth on the official website. Aspirants are advised to keep their result safe till the completion of the admission procedure.
On the basis of the TANCET rank list, aspirants will be called for counseling. Aspirants will have to show their scorecard at the time of verification of documents.
The steps to check TANCET 2018 Result is as follows:
- After clicking on the link, aspirants have to offer their Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the link “TANCET 2018 Result”
- Aspirants are advised to check all particulars mentioned in the result and take a print out of it
- TANCET 2018 Result will be displayed on the screen
- After furnishing all the details, aspirants will be redirected their Scorecard.
- Visit the official website at www.annauniv.edu/tancet2018.
TANCET 2018 Result- Normalization of Scores
Aspirants’ score will be calculated on the basis of marks scored by him/her in TANCET 2018 (Raw Scores) and Normalized Score will be obtained. Both scores will be calculated as follows-
- Raw Score - Marks scored by a aspirant in Part-1 + Part-2 + Part-3 of TANCET 2018
- Normalised Score - The Mean marks of Raw Scores for various branch may vary.
- Part 1 is Engineering Mathematics, Part 2 is Basic Engineering & Science and Part 3 is for various Branches.
The organizing authority will use following formula for calculating normalized score:
40 + (10/S) (r-m)
S - standard deviation
m - mean marks
r - raw marks
TANCET 2018 Response Key
- In case, any discrepancy in the response key, aspirants can also challenge it by sending a valid proof before the specified last date.
- TANCET 2018 Response Key is offered to aspirants so that they can check it against their response sheets and get an idea of how much marks they would score in the exam.
- TANCET 2018 official response key will be announced soon after the exam is concluded at the website of Anna University.
- In order to download official TANCET 2018 Response key, aspirants will have to enter their Registration Number and Password.
Merit List of TANCET 2018
TANCET 2018 Merit list of the qualified and successful aspirants will be prepared by the Anna University on the basis of score obtained in TANCET 2018 and GATE 2018.
Anna University prepares 3 separate merit lists for admission via TANCET 2018. The merit lists will be for GATE 2018 qualifiers, TANCET 2018 aspirants and Sponsored category aspirants.
GATE 2018 Category Merit List
- For the Aspirants(Engineering/Technology), GATE 2018 Score will be taken into account for preparing merit.
- Also, a Common Merit List is prepared for GATE (Engineering/Technology) and GATE (Engineering Science XE, Life Science XL).
- For Engineering Science and Life Science paper Codes, Merit list will be prepared on the basis of Aspirant’s GATE 2019 score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers and TANCET 2018 score with a weightage of 70:30.
TANCET 2018 Category Merit List
- Merit List is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by aspirants in TANCET 2018.
Sponsored Category Merit List
- A small number of seats are made available to aspirants employed and sponsored by Governmental organisations, Government aided educational institutions and registered professional architects with an at least of 5 years of professional experience.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis of TANCET 2018. Sponsored aspirants will be admitted only to the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai.
Cut Off for TANCET 2018
The cutoff score is the at least marks an aspirant must obtain in order to qualify TANCET 2018. TANCET 2018 cut off score is based on many factors such as
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Total number of aspirants appearing in TANCET 2018 Examination
- Total number of aspirants who passed the examination
- Total number of seats
After the declaration of TANCET 2018 Result, Anna University will announce the qualifying cutoffs for each course and subsequently students will be called for the counseling procedure.
TANCET 2018 Counseling
- TANCET 2018 Counseling process will take place after the declaration of the result. It will tentatively start in the month of June 2018. The admission will be based on the merit list position and marks secured by the aspirants in the examination.
- Aspirants, who will complete TANCET 2018 Cut off will be called to appear in the counseling procedure to get admission into Anna University, Government, private and Self-financing Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- There will be various counseling procedure for each course. Aspirants need to register for TANCET 2018 Counseling Process at the official site of Anna University.
Some of the key guidelines of the Counseling Procedure is mentioned below-
- The fee can be paid either by cash or by DD in favour of “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- Aspirants will have to pay INR 5300(INR 1,150 for SC/ST/SCA aspirants belonging to Tamil Nadu) for counseling. It comprises non-refundable counseling fee of INR 300.
- Aspirants will also need to carry all the important documents with them. In absence of documents, their candidature is likely to be cancelled.
TANCA (M.Tech/M.E/M. Plan) Counseling Arch/M.
Counseling for Engineering, Technology and Architecture is carried out by a specific board known as Tamil Nadu Common Entrance (TANCA) by a Single Window Counseling. Aspirants appearing for counseling must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST/SCA), and also have one of the following:
- GATE 2018 qualified valid Score in a suitable branch of Engineering/Technology.
- GATE 2018 qualified valid score in Engineering Science (XE)/Life Science (XL) along with TANCET 2018 score.
- TANCET 2018 Score
TANCET 2018 Counseling Process for MBA/MCA courses will be organizeed at the Anna University, Chennai. The seats in different colleges for the course of MBA/MCA will be filled on the basis of merit list of the aspirants.
Documents Need for TANCET Counseling Procedure
- Class Xth Mark Sheet (Date of Birth Proof)
- TANCET 2018 Admit Card
- Category Certificate
- TANCET 2018 Score Card
- Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
TANCET 2018 admission will be successful with the completion of the counseling process. Admission fee must be paid at the time of counseling according to the course chosen by an aspirant.