SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination 2018
SRMJEEE 2018 is organizeed by the SRM University for admission to their engineering program. Admission is granted to qualifying students at the four university campuses at Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Ramapuram Part-Vadapalani and NCR Ghaziabad.
- After completing application procedure aspirant can download SRMJEE 2018 Hall Ticket from the official website.
- The application will be valid only after the aspirant fills in all details correctly and pays the application fee.
- Aspirants obligatory to fulfil SRMJEEE Eligibility 2018 to seek admission to SRM University via SRMJEEE 2018.
- SRM allows aspirants to book their preferred exam slot.
- Aspirants can fill SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form online from the official SRM University website.
- Aspirants must fill in their mobile number correctly so that their result for SRMJEEE 2018 can be sent to the accurate mobile number.
- The last date for applying online is March 31, 2018.
- Aspirants who are the top rank holders of their respective state or central board exams can seek direct admission to SRM University by applying straight.
- The at least qualification obligatory for students is to complete class XII with science.
- SRM University offers SMS facility to aspirants for their SRMJEEE Result 2018.
From the year 2017, SRM University offers aspirants the opportunity to take SRMJEEE twice. The number of exam centres has been decreased from 150 to 118. Also, the exam is being held at 5 international exam centres from 2017.
SRMJEEE 2018 Highlights
|Exam||SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam)|
|SRMJEEE 2018 Organizing Body||Sri Ramaswami Memorial University, Chennai|
|Method of SRMJEEE 2018 Application||Online|
|Method of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam||Online|
|Medium of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam||English|
|Period of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Seats||7000|
|Number of Applications in 2017||2 lakhs approximately|
Exam Dates for SRMJEEE 2018
SRM University, the organizing body for SRMJEEE decides on the dates for SRMJEEE 2018 (UG). The SRMJEEE exam is scheduled in various slots at various test centres. Here is the list of important events for SRMJEEE 2018:
|SRMJEEE Online Applications will be available from||November 01, 2017|
|Last date to submit the SRMJEEE Applications||March 31, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Slot Booking begins from||3rd week of March 2018|
|SRMJEEE Hall Ticket can be downloaded from||3rd Week of March 2018|
|SRMJEEE 2018||April 06 to April 30, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Counselling on SRM University campus||2nd Week of May 2018|
Aspirants must note that these are tentative dates only. SRM University reserves the right to change and update these dates at any time. Follow the official SRM University website for more details and updates on SRMJEEE 2018.
Eligibility for SRMJEEE 2018
SRM University follows certain eligibility guidelines for SRMJEEE. Aspirants must adhere to these guidelines to seek admission into the different programs of SRM University. Here is an overview of the general information that holds true for SRMJEEE Eligibility 2018:
- For Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, the aspirant must qualify with 65% aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry in their 10+2 exam.
- Aspirants will have to attempt Physics, Chemistry and Biology in SRMJEEE 2018 to be applicable for B. Tech, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Genetic Engineering and different other programs in Health Sciences.
- For all programs, aspirants must qualify with an at least of 65% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in their 10+2 exam.
- An aspirant will be applicable for Kattankulathur campus for B. Tech course if he/she has passed 10+2 examinations or its equivalent with 60% aggregate.
- An aspirant will be applicable for the three other campuses of SRM University in Haryana for B. Tech if he/she has passed 10+2 examinations or its equivalent.
- Aspirants have to attempt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the SRMJEEE 2018 to be applicable for all the B. Tech degree programs.
- For Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, the aspirant must qualify with 60% aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Aspirants must submit all the need documents to get his/her admission. Those who will not submit the accurate need documents within the time frame released SRM University will have their admission application cancelled by default.
Application Form of SRMJEEE 2018
The only way aspirants can apply for SRMJEEE 2018 is through online mode. Aspirants can follow these important facts and keep themselves updated with during the course of the application procedure:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form filling process will comprise registration, filling of online application form, uploading images of the aspirant, his/her signature and his/her documents of qualifying exams and the payment of application fee.
- SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form will be available for International and NRI aspirants along with aspirants of Indian nationality living in India.
- Aspirants must take a printout of the application form and retain the printout till the completion of all the processes of the admission procedure.
The steps to fill the online SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form are as follows:
Step 1: Fill SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form Online
- Aspirants have to fill a common application form for all the SRM Campuses.
- Aspirants obligatory to visit the official website of the SRM University and click on 'Apply for B.Tech' link on the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in.
- Aspirants then have to enter their individual details and click on register. They will then receive a registration number and password.
- Aspirants have to log in again with this registration number and password and fill the application form.
- Aspirants now have to enter their individual as well as academic details in the form to clear the registration procedure.
- Finally, the aspirant has to click on submit button to submit their application.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- Aspirants have to upload the following documents in the specified dimensions for their application to be deemed valid:
- Aspirant's photograph
- Aspirant's signature
- Aspirant's mark sheets from class 10 and 12
- Aspirants must refer to the official SRM University website for the need dimensions of the documents.
Step 3: Online Payment
- The Application fee for SRMJEEE 2018 is INR 1060.
- Aspirants must note that this is a non-refundable fee irrespective of the status of their application.
- Aspirants can only pay through online mode.
- They can use net banking, credit card or debit card through a one-stop payment gateway to pay this application fee.
Hall Ticket for SRMJEEE 2018
SRMJEEE 2018 Hall Ticket will only be allowed to the aspirants whose applications will be received by SRM University on or before the last date of the application form submission as specified by the exam organizing body. SRMJEEE 2018 hall tickets will be available online at the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in only. Admit cards will not be dispatched by post or any other offline mode. Admit cards will be available online from 3rd Week of March 2018 (tentative date).
Aspirants must note these important points pertaining to the SRMJEEE 2018 hall ticket:
- SRMJEEE 2018 hall ticket is non-transferable. If anybody is established impersonating aspirant, both aspirant and the impersonator will be liable for strict legal action.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to enter the exam centre or sit for the exam if he/she fails to carry the hall ticket along with him/her.
- The aspirant must not tamper with the information on the hall ticket. If any discrepancies are establishing, an aspirant must contact the related examination authority immediately after downloading the hall ticket.
- SRMJEEE 2018 hall tickets will only be available for those aspirants who send their applications within the designated time duration and has paid the accurate application fee through online mode.
- Aspirants must take a print out of the hall ticket and carry it to the examination hall.
- SRMJEEE 2018 Hall Ticket will have essential information like the aspirant's name, photograph, the address of communication, exam centre chosen by aspirant and the date and slot of exam chosen by the aspirant.
- Aspirants will obligatory the hall ticket at every step of the admission procedure so he/she must take multiple copies of the hall ticket and keep them safe.
Exam Centers for SRMJEEE 2018
SRMJEEE 2018 will be organizeed in 116 centres across India. These are: From 2017, six international exam centres have been comprised to make it easier for NRIs to appear for the SRMJEEE.
Aspirants will have the option to choose their preferred exam centre location while filling up the online application form. Aspirants must note the exam centre mentioned in their hall ticket very cautiously. Aspirants must note that while SRM University will try their best to allocate an aspirant their preferred exam centre, the university cannot guarantee the same.
Exam Format for SRMJEEE 2018
- Aspirants must follow SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Format Highlights in the table given below for a complete picture of the exam:
- SRMJEEE 2018 will be organizeed in online method only in the English language.
- Aspirants can choose their exam centre and exam slot according to their preference.
- Approximately 35 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections each.
- Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology depending on aspirant's choice of subjects.
- Aspirants must note that for subjects like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, they will be accountable for the questions pertaining to Biology.
- More weightage is given to the Biology section with 50 questions from there.
- Negative marking will not be eligible in SRMJEEE 2018.
- For every accurate response, aspirant gets 1 mark.
- The paper will have 105 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The total time for the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Exam Format Highlights|
|Period||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||105|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every accurate response|
|Negative marking||Not eligible in SRMJEEE 2018|
|Sections||Physics – 35 questions|
|Chemistry – 35 questions|
|Mathematics – 35 questions or Biology – 50 questions|
Syllabus of SRMJEEE 2018
- Questions will be based on the four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics – from their knowledge of the same in their 10+2 level (qualifying exam).
- SRMJEEE 2018 will have questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The paper will be divided into three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
- For admission to courses like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, aspirants must attempt the Biology section and their score in this section only will be considered.
- Aspirants must note that while the Physics and Chemistry sections of the paper are mandatory, they can choose if they seeking to attempt the Mathematics or Biology section.
Result of SRMJEEE 2018
SRMJEE 2018 Results will be declared online on the official website of the SRM University. SRM University provides admissions for 7,000 B. Aspirants will be updated with their ranks through SMS on the registered mobile numbers which they have entered in their application form. Tech seats to their three campuses. Aspirants must follow these steps to get their results from the official SRM University website:
- Aspirant will have to first log in to the official website of the SRM University.
- Aspirants will then have to enter their SRMJEEE 2018 application number or registration number or the hall ticket number.
- Aspirants will be able to check their All India Rank after entering the particulars asked for on the official website of the SRM University and get their results.
Aspirants must note their rank correctly and take a print out of the scorecard for future references. The rank given to the aspirant in SRMJEEE 2018 Result declaration will be considered final for the aspirant in the counseling and all future procedures for admission to SRM University for their B. Tech courses.
Merit List of SRMJEEE 2018
After the declaration of the SRMJEEE 2018 results, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured in the exam by all aspirants and the number of aspirants who have appeared for the exam. The ranking will be given to the aspirants for the counselling procedure only.
SRMJEEE 2018 Cut Off
- SRMJEEE 2018 Cut off will be announced along with the results of SRMJEEE 2018.
- Aspirants can download it from the official website of the SRM University www.srmuniv.ac.in.
- It is going to be declared in form of a scorecard.
- The following table gives a marks range corresponding to the rank range from the earlier years' scorecards:
|Above 250||Below 2000|
|230 – 250||2000 – 5000|
|200 – 229||5001 – 9000|
|170 – 199||9001 – 13000|
|150 – 169||13001 – 15000|
|130 – 149||1500-1 – 17000|
|Less than 130||Above 17000|
Scholarships Provideed for SRMJEEE 2018
SRM University provides scholarships to meritorious aspirants on the basis of his/her marks in class 12 and state domicile. Aspirants must note the following rules that are eligible for scholarships:
Haryana Domicile’s scholarships – As per Haryana Private Universities act 2006, 25% of total seats will be reserved for aspirants belonging to Haryana. It will be given on the basis of aspirant’s rank in National levels entrance examination such as SRMHJEEEE, SRMHCMAT or SRMHCLAT 2018.
Chancellor’s scholarships – Academically meritorious aspirants are applicable for the Chancellor’s scholarship offered by the SRM University. Aspirants must secure a good rank in national level entrance exams of the SRM University such as SRMHJEEEE, SRMHCMAT or SRMHCLAT 2018. The scholarship is provideed in the following marks brackets:
- 50% scholarships in tuition fees are provideed to students scoring 90%-94% in class 12.
- 25% scholarships in tuition fees are provideed to students scoring 85%-89% in class 12.
- 100% scholarships in tuition fees are provideed to students scoring 95% - 100% in class 12.
Counseling of SRMJEEE 2018
After the declaration of results, SRM University will declare the schedule and venues for SRMJEEE Counseling. Aspirants must make a note of the following information that holds true for the counselling procedure:
Reporting as per rank – Aspirants will be called to report for the counselling procedure at the centre situated to them according to their rank in SRMJEEE 2018. There might be two rounds of counselling for the 7000 seats. After the completion of the first round, a second round will take place only if there are vacant seats.
Document verification – After aspirant reports at the counseling centre situated to him/her, he/she will have to get his/her documents verified. Aspirants will have to carry his/her documents along with him/her whenever called for and must produce accurate and valid documents only. Aspirants will require the following documents during the counseling procedure:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Hall Ticket
- Marks sheet of class X
- SRMJEEE 2018 Rank Card
- Marks sheet of class XII
- Counselling Call Letter
- Demand draft for fee payment
- Category certificate (if eligible)
Allocation of the seat – Aspirants will be situated seats only after his/her documents are verified with the payment of INR 1,00,000.
Aspirants must note that their situated seat will be given to the next deserving aspirant if he/she fails to produce the documents or accurate amount of admission fees. Aspirants must also note that a call to the counseling procedure does not guarantee them a seat for the B. Tech course at the SRM University.