SNAP 2018 Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Result, Expected Cutoff
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is a national level management entrance exam, organized by SIU (Symbiosis International University). Each year, almost 50,000 aspirants compete for 2257 MBA seats. SNAP Score is accepted by 15 Symbiosis Institutes.
SNAP 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)|
|Organizing Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Method of Exam||Online|
|Exam Category||Post Graduate|
|SNAP Official Website||www.snaptest.org|
|SNAP Helpdesk||020-39116226 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
SNAP 2018 Exam Dates
The table below shows the official schedule for SNAP 2018:
|Commencement of SNAP 2018 Registration||August 10, 2018|
|Last Date to Fill SNAP Application Form||November 27, 2018|
|Last Date for Fee Payment ||November 27, 2018|
|Availability of SNAP Hall Ticket 2018||December 01, 2018 to December 17, 2018|
|SNAP 2018 Exam Date||December 17, 2018|
|SNAP 2018 Result Date||December 28, 2018|
|Commencement of Shortlisting of Aspirants for GE, PI & WAT||3rd week of January 2018|
|Date for General Practice (GE), Individual Interaction (PI) & Writing Ability Test (WAT)||1st week of February 2018|
Announce of SNAP 2018 Final Merit List
|4th week of February 2018|
Check SNAP Exam Dates
SNAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
SIU has defined at least eligibility conditions for an aspirant to register for the exam. Read below to know SNAP Eligibility: It is compulsory to fulfill these criteria so as to avoid cancellation of candidature.
- There is no age-limit to apply for SNAP.
- Aspirants appearing in final year are also applicable.
- Aspirants having foreign degrees must be verified from AIU.
- Foreign Nationals/ PIO/ OCI/ NRI are also applicable to apply.
- Aspirants from General Category must have a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% marks.
- SC/ST Category students must have minimum 45% marks in Graduation.
SNAP 2018 Reservation Policy
Following is SNAP Reservation for admission to any programme in Institutes of SIU (except Symbiosis Institutes of Management Studies, which has a separate policy).
|Category||Reservation of Seats (%)|
|Kashmiri Migrants||2 per programme|
Note: A aspirant applying under any of the reserved categories (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/ Variously Abled/ Kashmiri Migrants) are mandatorily need to submit a relevant document allowed by the competent authority. Any participation at any stage of admission procedure by such aspirant is purely provisional and always subject verification and authentication of such relevant document.
SNAP Registration 2018
SIU will announce SNAP application form online. The registration window will be open from August 10- November 24, 2018. â€‹
Steps to Register for SNAP 2018
- Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
- Click on “ New Register” button and click ‘I Agree’
- Fill your individual, educational, and other details (Part 1)
- Click ‘Save and Continue’ to receive and OTP on mobile number and email id
- Enter OTP and submit
- You will receive a SNAP ID & Password through email and SMS
- Pay the application fee via either online method (INR 1750) or Demand Draft (INR 2065)
- Proceed to Online Registration Form (Part 2) to choose programmes and colleges
Read more SNAP Application Form
Note: You must make a separate payment of INR 1000/- (+ eligible Payment gateway charges, GST, and any other taxes) per programme per institute at this stage. If you seeking to pay the programme payment via Demand Draft, make a Demand Draft of INR 1180/- (INR1000/- per programme and INR 180/- GST @18%)
SNAP 2018 Application Fee
- To pay online, you may choose Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
- You also have the option of paying the fee via Demand Draft. It should be drawn in favor of Symbiosis University – “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune.
- Aspirants need to pay the application fee via either online method (INR 1750) or Demand Draft (INR 2065).
- After filling SNAP Application Form, take the print out and send it to the following address –
Symbiosis Test Secretariat
Symbiosis International University
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27, Tele fax: 020-39116228
SNAP Hall Ticket 2018
- Admit card of SNAP 2018 is now available until December 17, 2018.
- Please ensure that your latest passport size, the color photograph is pasted on the Hall Ticket at the place offered for before appearing for the test.
- Hall Ticket along with a Photo Identity proof should be carried to SNAP Exam Centre at the time of the test. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following,
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- An authorized person will verify and authenticate SNAP Hall Ticket against the photo-id on the day of the test. Please preserve this authenticated Hall Ticket for further GE-PIWAT procedures.
- The admit card can be downloaded in online method only. It will not be sent by post.
How to Download SNAP Hall Ticket?
- Visit the official website of SNAP i.e. snaptest.org.
- Click the link ‘ Download SNAP 2018 hall ticket’
- Enter your SNAP ID and Password.
- Click on login.
- Download the hall ticket and take a print out of the same.
Note: In case SNAP 2018 Hall Ticket is lost, you will not be allocated a duplicate one. For further queries, you may contact the authorities at 020-39116226 or email@example.com.
SNAP 2018 Exam Centers
- An aspirant may choose three preferences of test cities of the following for SNAP ONLINE 2018 Test.
- The center would be situated on the basis of availability of slots.
- The final allotted SNAP Exam Center is mentioned on the hall ticket.
- SNAP 2018 Test will be organized in 102 cities all over India.
- The list of SNAP 2018 Exam Centers is mentioned in the drop-down list after selecting the program for which they wish to apply.
SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern
For all those preparing for SNAP 2018, it is essential to be thorough with the format and syllabus first. A better preparation definitely yields a better result. Given below are key highlights of SNAP Exam Format for your reference. Once you are through with it, you may exercise some of our SNAP Question Papers.
|Highlights of SNAP Exam Pattern|
|SNAP 2018 Exam Date||December 17, 2018|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Nature of Questions||Objective|
|Period of SNAP||120 minutes|
|Sections||General English, Quantitative Data, Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning|
|SNAP Marking Scheme|
Accurate Response- +1 mark
Inaccurate Response- -0.25 marks
Read Detailed SNAP Exam Pattern
SNAP Sectional Pattern
Given below is the section-wise break-up of questions in SNAP:
|Quantitative Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
SNAP 2016 Paper Analysis
SNAP 2016 was organized in the offline method. It consisted of 150 MCQs for a total of 150 marks Questions were mostly Easy to Moderate to solve. Given below is the ideal time break up for each section and expected number of questions that can be attempted to ensure a good SNAP score:
|Sections||Time to Devote||Expected Number of Attempts||Expected Marks|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||18-22||16-18|
SNAP Syllabus 2018
- The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level.
- Here are some of the most important topics in SNAP 2018:
- It is designed to test an aspirant’s general aptitude.
- SNAP Syllabus is divided into 4 sections- General English, Quantitative Data, Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- We suggest you start your preparations beforehand so that you are through with the clear syllabus.
|General English||Verbal reasoning, antonyms, and synonyms, Sentence Correction, critical reasoning, fill in the blanks, syllogism, analogies, idioms|
|Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||Area graph, Line graph, Charts (Columns, Bar, Pie), Tables, Venn diagrams, Number system, Geometry, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Quadratic & Linear Equation, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Trigonometry|
|Logical Reasoning||Clocks and calendars, Directions, Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Blood relations, Linear and matrix arrangement, Syllogism|
Business, Punch line of companies, Entertainment, World Records, Automobiles, Science, Top officials of big companies, History, Finance, Geography, Books and authors, Quotations, Social issues, Politics
SNAP Result 2018
- SNAP Score Card comprises sectional and scaled scores.
- The result announces online at snaptest.org in the form of a scorecard.
- The result of SNAP 2018 will be released on December 28, 2018.
- Based on SNAP Result, all participating institutes of SIU release the shortlisted aspirants.
- Selected aspirants have to attend GE-PI and WAT rounds.
How to Check SNAP Result?
Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
Log in via your SNAP user id and password
Click on ‘login’ button
Take a print out of SNAP scorecard
SNAP 2018 Expected Cut Off
- Cut off for SNAP 2018 is likely to announce in January 2018, after the declaration of result.
- The graph below charts the expected SNAP Cutoff for institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University.
- Once the result of SNAP 2018 is released, all participating institutes will announce their personal cut offs for admission to different management programs.
- SNAP Cut off 2018 is expected to follow the same trend as earlier years. A score of 98% or above should make it easy for the aspirant to get admission into their desired college and the remaining 1% helps to make it to the desired Management Stream.
Factors determining SNAP Cut off
- Number of aspirants' passing the SNAP exam
- Difficulty level of the question paper
- Number of seats available
- Number of aspirants' appearing for SNAP
SNAP Selection Process 2018
- SNAP is held every year for admissions into Post Graduate management programs of Symbiosis International University and its participating institutes.
- Post releasement of the result, each SNAP College releases its own personal cutoff.
- Aspirants who secure the at least cutoff marks participate in Group Practice, Individual Interaction, and Writing Ability Test (GE – PIWAT) rounds.
- SNAP Selection Process is expected to begin in February 2018.
- It is compulsory for aspirants to attend all components of GE-PIWAT.
SNAP Merit List 2018
Once the selection procedure is over, a final Merit list is released, declaring the names of selected aspirants for admission in the management programs in different campuses. The final merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
|Writing Ability Test||10|
|SNAP score (scaled down)||50|
SNAP 2018 Participating Colleges
There are 15 institutes that accept SNAP Score. It is compulsory to score the at least cutoff score to stand applicable for admission. Given below is the clear list of SNAP Colleges for your reference:
|NAME OF THE INSTITUTE||PROGRAM||SEATS AVAILABLE|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology)|
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
M.Sc. (System Security)
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
MBA (Business Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business)|
MBA (Agri Business)
MBA (Energy & Environment)
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||MBA (Telecom Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)||MBA||300|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)||120|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)||77|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA||150|
|Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)||80|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)||50|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA||120|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Management)||120|