LPUNEST 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, S
LPUNEST 2018 is the entrance exam organized by Lovely Professional University for admission into the different programs provided. This entrance exam organized by is called Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPU-NEST). It is a national level exam organized all across India in approximately 110 centers.
- Aspirants can apply for the LPUNEST 2018 in both online and offline mode.
- LPUNEST 2018 is organized for admissions to undergraduate programs in Engineering and BTech. It will be organized from April 10 – 30, 2018.
- Registration will commence from November 1st week 2017.
- Every year more than three lakh candidates take the test.
Highlights Table of LPUNEST 2018
|Organizing Body||Lovely Professional University|
|Method of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Period of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions; 90|
|Courses Provided||Undergraduate Engineering/B.Tech courses|
The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and is held online. The aspirants have to response 90 questions in 120 minutes. Aspirants will be offered with a pen and paper for rough work and calculations.
LPUNEST 2018 Dates
The online application begins in the month of November and concludes in April. The exam is usually held in the month of May.
|Entrance examination dates||April 10 – 30 2018|
|Online Registration opens||1st week November 2017|
|Last date to apply||February 28, 2018|
|Slot booking for online examination||March 1, 2018 onwards|
|Result||May 7, 2018|
|Online Counseling and Seat Allotment||May 7 – 25, 2018 onwards|
|Last Date of Admission on the basis of LPUNEST 2018||May 31, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for LPUNEST 2018
Aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for LPU-NEST 2018. The university sets an at least criteria for candidates; if they fulfill the below-mentioned exam eligibility criteria, they can write the exam.
- Only Indian Nationals are applicable to apply for LPUNEST-2018
- For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum), Integrated B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum) - MBA, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
- For admission in B.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech - M.Tech and Integrated B.Tech - MBA, participants should at least have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics, and English)
- For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology), B.Tech. Biotechnology (Hons.), Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - M.Tech., Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology) - MBA, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
- Participants appearing for LPUNEST 2018 must have finished or shall be appearing in 2018, in the final examination of 10 + 2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE). State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognized by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE) is also eligible.
LPUNEST Application Form 2018
Aspirants can apply for LPUNEST 2018 online on the official website of Lovely Professional University. However, the payment can be done via both online and offline mode.
How to Apply?
- Candidates should fill the need individual information in the window that appears after filling in the application ticket number/code
- On submitting the information need above, candidates will receive a confirmatory message containing application id and password on their mail and phone.
- It is compulsory for candidates to offer a valid email id. Please note that the Participant Name, Date of Birth and email id cannot be changed. Thus, it is essential to offer accurate information
- Participants are requested to note down the application number because all the future correspondence will be made on the application number only
- Once the participants submit their valid email id and number, they will be given an application ticket.
- Aspirants should visit the official website
- Candidates need to check whether he/she has obtained the application ticket or not
- Click on LPUNEST 2018 registration link
- Login by using Application Number and Password
- Aspirants need to fill the form cautiously.
- The application form will require details of academic record-aggregate and subjects studied along with the name of institution and board.
Once the participant clicks on the submit button, he will be directed to a payment portal. Candidates can use any of the following methods for making payment online:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
If the aspirant wishes to make payment via the Offline Method (Demand Draft), they should follow the steps below
- Take a printout of the finished application form
- Don’t forget to write “Application for LPUNEST-2018”, his / her Name and Mobile Number on the back side of the Demand Draft.
- Enclose a demand draft for 500/- drawn in favor of Lovely Professional University Payable at Jalandhar.
- Paste a recent passport size color photograph, affix signature and send by post to the Admissions Division at LPU
Division of Admissions(LPUNEST-2018)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road(NH-1),
Aspirants are advised keep a photocopy of the filled-in application and Demand Draft for future reference.
Any application that is established incomplete will be outright rejected. An application form will be deemed Incomplete if the declaration is not signed, DD is not enclosed, DD is wrongly drawn, photographs are not affixed to the application form etc.
The university will not be responsible for informing participants of any such problems. Aspirants who submit Incomplete applications won’t be able to reach the Online Slot Management System.
LPUNEST 2018 Slot Booking
After sending the application form, aspirants need to book a slot for their examination. The slot booking window is activated on the website in the month of March.
The link offered on the website will direct the aspirants to a registration window. They need to fill in their application number in order to book the slot. There are two options for booking LPUNEST 2018 exam slot -
- Participant (In case you seeking to select date yourself)
- University (If you seeking to authorize University for slot booking)
- Participants have to offer 5 choices of exam date if he/she opts for the university option for slot booking
- After selecting an option, fill your test city cautiously as change of Test City will not be entertained in the future
Online Test booking system is a web-based online scheduling system that will be available at www.lpu.in from March 2018.
Participants can book center, date and time as per their own convenience. They have to book the tested minimum 3 days before the desired date.
- Slot bookings are done on the first-come-first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- It is strongly advised that participant should book their exam slot at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience later on.
In case aspirants authorize university to book a slot, University will allow anyone date (preferably from the given choices) for the exam as per the availability of exam slots.
- In case of non-availability of slots out of the choices filled by the participant or any other delay, the university will allocate a various date to the participant.
- Participants should visit www.lpu.in regularly and are need to fill username and password to check the situated slot for the test.
LPUNEST Hall Ticket 2018
Once aspirants have booked or received their exam slot, they will get their hall ticket via mail. The hall ticket will not be uploaded to the website, it will be sent via mail only.
How to Download LPUNEST 2018 Hall Ticket?
- For those who authorized the university to book their slots, their e-admit card will be announced after an appropriate slot is booked for them. For such aspirants, LPUNEST test slot will be booked within 48 hours of receiving their duly filled application form. The aspirants will be intimated via an email.
- All LPUNEST 2018 details which comprise – exam center booking as well e-admit card generation will be done via email only. Thus, candidates are advised to mention their valid email ID and mobile number on their application form.
- Aspirants who book their LPUNEST test slot themselves will get their e-admit card as soon as they book the schedule via the online test booking system.
The exam is held nationwide across 110 centers and the aspirants are generally allotted their preferred center. Aspirants should check their exam centers beforehand and access the center before time on the exam day.
Exam Format and Syllabus for LPUNEST 2018
LPUNEST 2018 consists of multiple choice questions based on the subjects the aspirant has studied in 10+2 and the courses he applied for. The entrance test will consist of 90 multiple choice questions which aspirants have to clear in 120 minutes.
Aspirants can either opt to appear for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry, and Biology entrance exam depending on the course they are applying for
- The language of instruction is English only.
- There is no negative marking. The aspirants receive one mark for each accurate response.
|Subject||Total Number of Question|
Aspirants must not carry any paper or pens to the exam center. Rough sheets will be offered at the center.
LPUNEST 2018 Result
LPU will release its result for B.Tech participants on May 7, 2018. All of the participants who appeared for the entrance examination can check their secured scores in the result of LPUNEST 2018 which will be uploaded online on the official website.
Based on the performance in the entrance test participants will be called in for counselling and seat allocation session.
How to Check LPUNEST 2018 Result?
- Click on download and print out the result for further procedures.
- The result will also be sent to the aspirants via their registered email IDs.
- The link to check the result of LPUNEST 2018 will be activated on the official website.
- Aspirant will need to enter their application number to reach the result.
LPUNEST 2018 Cut-off
LPUNEST 2018 Cutoff is the at least score an aspirant requires to be applicable for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
For the academic year 2018-19 the cut off marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the earlier year cut-offs. The scholarship will also be honored to those students who score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
- Generally, the merit list declares the top 30% performers as applicable for admission.
- The at least marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The cut off is based on the number of participants, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- Shortlisted aspirants who will access the cutoff marks will be called for counseling/ seat-allocation procedure.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the aspirants’ score in the entrance test.
LPUNEST Counseling Procedure 2018
LPUNEST 2018 Counseling and seat allocation will begin from May 7 – 25, 2018. Aspirants who qualified the exam and complete the cut-off, after the result releasement, will be called for counseling.
Aspirants will be allotted seats as per the choices filled in by them. They must also carry the following documents along with at least three photocopies for verification while appearing in the counseling.
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if eligible)
- LPUNEST hall ticket & scorecard
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
Aspirants will need to submit their fees at the time of counseling and seat allocation. NEST also entails scholarships so aspirants should check if they are applicable for scholarships at the time of counseling.