Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test 2018
IPU CET 2018 (IP University Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance test organizeed by GGSIPU. It is organizeed for providing admission to different UG, Post Graduate courses provideed in the field of engineering, medical, dental, law, etc.
- Aspirant will have to response 150 objective type questions. Check IPU CET 2018 Exam Format
- University will announce the application form via online mode.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for all aspirants.
- The exam will be organizeed on various dates for various courses from 3rd week of April 2018.
- IPU CET 2018 will be organizeed in offline mode, aspirants have to cautiously mark their responses in OMR sheet.
- IPU CET 2018 Application Form will begin from last week of January 2018.
- The aspirant must have passed 10+2 board examinations to apply for Under Graduate course, whereas for Post Graduate courses, the aspirant must be graduated. Read More IPU CET Eligibility 2018
Exam Highlights of IPU CET 2018
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Organizing Body||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Exam Type||University Level|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
Important Dates of IPU CET 2018
IPU CET 2018 will be organizeed in the month of April 2018. The tentative schedule for IPU CET 2018 is given below: Original dates will be updated soon as and when the official notification will announce. Interested aspirants can apply by January 2018.
|IPU CET Application form will be available from||Last week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit IPU CET Online Application Form is||Last week of March 2018|
|IPU CET 2018 Hall Ticket can be downloaded from||Two weeks before the commencement of the exam|
|IPU CET 2018 Exam is scheduled for||Third week of April 2018 onwards|
|IPU CET 2018 Result will be declared on||Second week of May 2018|
Eligibility of IPU CET 2018
As IPU CET is organizeed for admission to different Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses of various stream, so the eligibility for each course differs from each other. However, there are some basic eligibility conditions which must be taken care of before filling IPU CET 2018 Application Form:
- Aspirants want admission to Under Graduate courses must not be more than 21 years or less than 18 years.
- If an aspirant possesses a diploma or B. Sc. Graduation degree they will be applicable to apply for B. Tech lateral entry exam.
- At Least IPU CET Eligibility criteria for those Aspirants applying for Under Graduate Courses must have passed their 10+2 board examinations or equivalent exams.
- Those applying for Post Graduate Courses must have finished their graduation.
Application Form of IPU CET 2018
- The University will announce the application form via online mode.
- There is no obligatory to send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
- Aspirants can apply for one more than one course by submitting a separate application form for that.
- To fill the application form, firstly aspirants have to register themselves by entering their name, mobile number, email ID, gender, date of birth and course.
- IPU CET 2018 application form will open in the last week of January 2018.
Aspirants must cautiously read all the instructions given before beginning the application process. Must go via the steps given below to apply for IPU CET 2018:
- Visit the official website of IP university i.e. ipu.ac.in
- Click on the link “IPU CET 2018 Registration”.
- Select the exam category from the given choices.
- Enter the need credentials i.e. individual details and academic details.
- Upload photograph and signatures of file size less than 80 kb. The file must be in .JPG, .JPEG or .GIF pattern.
- Select the course and Test centre.
- Check all the details and click on ‘submit’.
- On your registered email id, a system generated log in id and password will be sent.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1000, thereafter and save the application form.
- The aspirant must take the print out of IPU CET 2018 Application Form for further reference.
Hall Ticket of IPU CET 2018
- You shall also bring one photo ID proof (driving license/ voter ID /PAN card/Aadhar card or any other govt. ID, a notarized Affidavit with photo) in which the photo of the participant is attached and completely visible.
- IPU CET 2018 Hall Ticket will be available from two weeks before the exam for download.
- Admit cards will be available online on the official website www.ipu.ac.in
- Aspirants will not be permitted to appear for IPU CET 2018 without showing accurate and appropriate photo identification.
- Admit card will not be delivered to aspirant through courier or post services.
Steps to download IPU CET Hall Ticket 2018:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.ipu.ac.in
- Enter the need credentials i.e. application number and password to log in.
- Click on the link ‘IPU CET 2018 Hall Ticket’.
- Admit card will be displayed on your screen.
- Download it and print multiple copies of IPU CET 2018 Hall Ticket.
Test Centers of IPU CET 2018
- IPU CET 2018 is organizeed over 9 test centres.
- The advantage of choosing the test centre is available for B. Tech, MCA and MBA courses.
- Other IPU Test centres situated by the IP University have been listed below:
- Aspirants are asked to fill in their preference of the test city at the time of filling IPU CET 2018 Application Form.
- IPU CET 2018 test centre for other courses in Delhi only.
|Name of the City/ Center||Center City Code||Name of the City/ Center||Center City Code|
|Delhi||55|| || |
Exam Format of IPU CET 2018
IPU CET 2018 exams will begin in the month of April 2018 onwards via offline method i.e. it is a pen-paper based test. The exam format for every stream and course is various. The basic marking scheme of IPU CET 2018 has been mentioned below: The questions, depending on the course, will be asked in objective type or subjective type questions.
- Every accurate response will fetch +4 marks.
- For every wrong response, -1 will be marked against the question (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- There will be no negative marking in DM/ MCH/ SSMC exam.
- Total marks for IPU CET 2018 is 600 (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
IPU CET 2018 Subject wise exam format
- For BBA: IPU CET for BBA is equally divided into four sections. The questions are asked from English, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Management Aptitude. IPU CET for BBA will include of 150 objective type questions to be solved within 2.5 hours.
|General Awareness||25 %|
|Reasoning Ability||25 %|
- For LE- B. Tech (Diploma): For Lateral Entry B. Tech course, aspirants will have to appear for 4 sections in IPU CET 2018. The sections covered in it are- Applied Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Awareness. The weightage of each section is equal i.e. 25%.
- For B. Tech: Aspirants who wish to seek admission to B. Tech course must have finished their secondary education in science stream. IPU CET for B. Tech shall test aspirant’s aptitude based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The division of marking is equal i.e. 33% in IPU CET 2018 for B. Tech.
- For LE- B. Tech (B. Sc.): Aspirants aspiring admission into LE- B. Tech (B. Sc.) must appear for IPU CET 2018 and give responses to the 4 sections covered in it. These sections are as follows:
- For B. Com (Hons.): IPU CET for B. Com (Hons.) tests aspirant’s ability to response questions pertaining to English, General Awareness and Reasoning Ability. The weightage of each section is as follows:
|B. Sc. Level Mathematics||40 %|
|English (10+2 level)||40 %|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||40 %|
|Scientific aptitude||40 %|
IPU CET 2018 for B. Tech BT
There are three sections covered under IPU CET 2018 B.Tech BT i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The other two sections are equally weighed- Physics (25%), Chemistry (25%). The maximum weightage out of all three sections is of Biology/Biotechnology i.e. 50%.
Check Here IPU CET 2018 Exam Format
Results of IPU CET 2018
- IPU CET 2018 Result will be released in the 4th week of May 2018.
- Results will be uploaded on their official website and can be checked from there.
- If the student does not meet the cut off list declaration, the student will not be qualified for counseling.
- Results declared will be on the basis of the cut off list.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of response sheets.
- Separate merit list will be prepared by the exam organizing committee.
Steps to check IPU CET Result 2018:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link ‘Result’ link.
- Enter a course name, roll number and password.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- IPU CET 2018 Result will be displayed on the screen.
Counseling of IPU CET 2018
- IPU CET 2018 Counseling will be organizeed via online as well as offline mode.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained by aspirants in IPU CET Exam.
- The online counseling procedure of IPU CET 2018 is explained below:
- IPU CET 2018 Counseling is likely to begin from the month of June 2018.
- After the declaration of IPU CET 2018 Results, aspirants will be shortlisted for IPU CET 2018 Counseling procedure.
Submission of Counseling Fees
- Aspirants may note that the counseling is non-refundable.
- The aspirant has to deposit the challan in IPU bank account whose details are given on the challan.
- To pay the counseling fee online, the aspirant will have to find the link “Payment of counseling participation fee”.
- For those who wish to pay the counseling fee via offline method will have to enter the concerned details and download the Cash challan.
- Enter the need credentials i.e. roll number, date of birth and mobile number.
- Aspirant will be asked to pay the counseling fee initially either via online or offline mode.
- Counseling fee of INR 1000 will have to be submitted.
Registration and Choice Filling
- Opportunity to edit/modify/add/delete preferences will be given after allocation of seat in the first round for the subsequent round of counseling.
- Registration will begin two days after the payment of counseling fee.
- Aspirants will be asked to fill choices, in order of their preference, for allocation from the list of all institutes and courses available.
Allotment of seats
- Once the seat is allotted, aspirants will pay the part of Academic Fee of INR 40,000.
- Allocation of the seats will be done on the basis of merit, respective category and region.
Reporting to the designated centres
- They will have to carry original documents along with them for the verification.
- Aspirants will have to visit the designated centre to clear the admission procedure.
Following original documents along with self-attested copies will be needed at the time of reporting:
- 10th Class passing certificate
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class passing certificate
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Academic fee receipt
- Caste certificate (if eligible)
- Bachelor’s degree(if eligible)
Note: Aspirants who fail to report for admission will have no claim to their allotted seat and their academic fees will be forfeited.
Reservation of IPU CET 2018
- GGSIPU offers special reservations for aspirants who hail from Delhi while some percentage of seats is secured for aspirants from outside Delhi.
- However, if the college is self-financing, reservation of up to 10% will be made for aspirants from management quota.
- The reservation for aspirants belonging to Delhi and other states is further divided as follows:
- There is a provision of reservation for different categories.
|CATEGORY||UNIVERSITY SCHOOLS AND GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS IN NCT OF DELHI||SELF-FINANCING INSTITUTES/COLLEGES IN NCT OF DELHI||INSTITUTIONS LOCATED OUTSIDE|
| ||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region|
Cut Off of IPU CET 2018
- To get admitted to their desired college, aspirants need to score equal to or more than the cutoff marks announced by IPU CET.
- Before the counseling process, aspirants have to make it to the cut off announced by IPU CET.
- Cut off is prepared on the basis of availability of seats, a number of aspirants and the number of seats available.
- IPU CET 2018 last admitting rank in some famous courses is as follows: