IBSAT 2018 Result, Cutoff, Selection Process
ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test (IBSAT) is a national-level entrance exam, organized by ICFAI Establishation for Higher Education. IBSAT is conducted for admission to MBA/ PGPM/ Ph.D. in any of the 9 IBS Business Schools.
- Shortlisted aspirants will qualify for GD/PI rounds. Colleges will declare the names from January 13- 17, 2018. Check Expected IBSAT 2018 Cutoff
- IBSAT 2018 Registration closed on December 18.
- IBS Hyderabad declared IBSAT 2018 Results at its official website on Dec 28.
- Aspirants will appear for GD/PI rounds between February 20-16, 2018.
- IBSAT 2018 was successfully held from December 21 – 24, 2018.
Note: IBS also considers the scores of CAT, GMAT, and NMAT. Aspirants with an at least score of 60% in CAT/NMAT by GMAC or having a score of 500 in GMAT will be shortlisted for the selection rounds.
IBSAT 2018 for Highlights
|Highlights of IBSAT 2018|
|Exam Name||ICFAI Business Studies Aptitude Test|
|Organizing Body||ICFAI |
|Method of Application||Online and Offline|
|Method of Exam||Online|
|Period of Exam||2 Hours|
|Courses Provided||MBA and PGPM|
|IBS Campuses||Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune|
|IBS Helpline||1800 425 55 66 77|
IBSAT 2018 Exam Dates (Released)
ICFAI has announced IBSAT 2018 Official Notification at ibsindia.org. Tabulated below are all the important dates concerned to IBSAT 2018. The registration window will close on December 18, 2018.
|Start of IBSAT 2018 Registration||July 01, 2018|
|IBSAT Application Form filling concludes on||December 18, 2018|
|Commencement of Slot Booking||July 1, 2018 – December 18, 2018|
|Availability of Hall Ticket||At Slot Booking Time|
|IBSAT 2018 Exam Date||December 21 - 24, 2018|
|IBSAT Results Declaration ||December 28, 2018|
|Selection Briefings||January 13- 17, 2018|
|Commencement of IBSAT 2018 Selection Rounds||February 20- 26, 2018|
Read More IBSAT Exam Dates
Eligibility Criteria for IBSAT 2018
ICFAI University, the organizing body of IBSAT, has defined the eligibility criteria for all aspiring aspirants. It is important to satisfy them in order to fill IBSAT application form. The eligibility criteria for IBSAT 2018 are listed below:
- Aspirants without a full-time graduation degree (those who have finished their graduation on part-time basis, distance method or online mode) are not applicable to apply
- An at least of 15 years of regular education
- Under Graduate degree should be in English medium. In case you do not have it, submit the scores of TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS
- No defined age-limit
- Aspirants in final year of their qualifying examination can also apply
- Possession of a valid NMAT/ GMAT/ CAT Score can straight participate in IBSAT 2018 Selection Procedure
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate
Read More IBSAT Eligibility Criteria
Note: ICFAI University/ group strictly states that there is no management or NRI quota for admission to IBS Business School.
IBSAT Registration 2018
The registration window for IBSAT 2018 was open from July 01- December 18, 2018. Aspirants had to register themselves through online or offline mode.
Pre-requisites Before Applying
- Marks sheets of X, XII, Graduation and any other professional qualification willing for calculating the percentage of marks.
- If academic institutions provide grade point averages (GPA), they required to be converted into percentage score as per the conversion scheme of that institution.
- A valid email address, telephone number, and address
IBSAT Online Registration
Step 1- Visit the official website of IBS i.e. ibsindia.org.
Step 2- Enter your application number and password.
Step 3- You will receive an email indicating your application number and password. You may log in using the application number and password.
Step 4- On entering a valid login ID and password you will be taken to the next section, which is “Change your password”.
Step 5- Fill all your individual/ academic details in your application form and upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, and mark sheets.
Step 6- Upon submitting the form, you will be redirected to the payment window. Pay the requisite application fee.
Step 7- You will receive a confirmation email indicating your successful registration.
IBSAT Offline Registration
- For aspirants applying offline, they have to purchase IBSAT Application Form from designated centers of ICFAI Business School.
- Aspirants can check for these disciplines at www.ibsindia.org/marketingdisciplinees.html.
- The forms will be available at different marketing disciplines situated across the country.
- IBSAT Bulletin can also be purchased at your nearest AXIS Bank disciplines. You may find out their nearest marketing office online at www.ibsindia.org/admissions.html# & avail the bulletin by paying the requisite amount of cash.
Read more IBSAT Registration
Application Fee for IBSAT 2018
- The application fee for IBSAT 2018 is INR 1800 for all categories.
- Aspirants registering through offline method can pay by cash at the designated center while buying IBSAT application form.
- Aspirants can pay it online through credit card/ debit card or net banking (for online participants).
Slot Booking for IBSAT 2018
For IBSAT 2018, aspirants need to choose a date and time slot as per their preference. The selection should be made immediately, as the centers will be allotted on the first-come-first-cater basis. The steps to book a slot for IBSAT are as follows:
- Visit the official login page of IBSAT 2018 i.e. ibsindia.org.
- Enter your Application Number and Password.
- Choose the preference for IBSAT 2018 Exam Center from the drop-down list of Test centers
- Select the city of your preference and fill the corresponding code in the blank space offered in the article.
- The next step is to select the date and time slot for IBSAT 2018. Only the available slots are displayed.
- Click on ‘Submit’ if all the details are accurate.
- IBSAT 2018 Hall Ticket is auto-generated after submitting the choices.
IBSAT Hall Ticket 2018
The Hall Ticket for IBSAT 2018 is generated just after the slot booking procedure clears. The steps to download the same are explained below.
- Visit IBSAT Official Website.
- Go to the official link for downloading Hall Ticket i.e.ibsat.org/admitcard/login.asp
- Enter your Application Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the link ‘Download IBSAT 2018 Hall Ticket’
- Download and take few printouts of the Hall Ticket for future reference
Note: One must keep a valid photo ID proof along with them on the day of the exam. Some of the valid Id proofs are:
- Driving license
- College ID
- Pan card
- Election/Voter card
Read more about IBSAT Hall Ticket
IBSAT 2018 Exam Centers for
IBSAT is held at nine ICFAI Business School (IBS) campuses. Aspirants can select the preferred exam center at the time slot booking procedure. The list of IBSAT 2018 exam centers is given below:
|IBSAT 2018 Exam Centers|
Check all IBSAT Exam Center
Exam Format for IBSAT 2018
- As for IBSAT Marking Scheme, all the accurate responses will be given 1 mark while there is no negative marking for inaccurate responses.
- The total period of IBSAT 2018 is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- IBSAT 2018 was organized from December 21 to 24, 2018 in online mode.
- There are a total of 125 objective questions in the exam.
- There are 4 main sections in the paper viz. Verbal Ability (VA), Reading Comprehensions (RC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA) and Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI).
- There is no sectional time-limit in IBSAT.
- The section-wise distribution of questions is mentioned in the table below:
|Sections in IBSAT 2018 exam||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability (VA)||50||50|
|Reading Comprehension (RC)||30||30|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||30||30|
|Data Adequacy/ Sufficiency and Data Interpretation (DA/ DI)||30||30|
Read clear IBSAT Exam Format
Mock Test for IBSAT 2018
IBS offers a mock test facility to the aspirants so that they can check their preparation for IBSAT 2018. IBSAT Mock Test is available at the official website. Aspirants can click here or copy the URL http://admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2018/mocktest/login.asp for practicing the IBSAT 2018 mock test. Aspirants can easily reach this by providing their details in the field. Via this test, aspirants can check which section they have done easily and which requires more preparation.
IBSAT Result 2018
- Aspirants completing IBSAT Cut off will be called for further selection rounds (GD/PI).
- The scorecard contains an aspirant’s sectional and total marks obtained in the exam.
- IBSAT Result has been announced by IBS Hyderabad on Dec 28.
- Aspirants can visit the official website (ibsindia.org) to download their scorecard.
How to Check IBSAT Result?
- Visit the official website of IBSAT 2018 i.e .ibsindia.org
- Click on the ‘IBSAT Results’ tab
- Enter your Application Number and Password
- View and Download IBSAT 2018 Scorecard
- Download it for further use
Check now IBSAT Result
Cut Off for IBSAT 2018
- The expected IBSAT 2018 Cut off will fall between 55 (lowest)-95 (highest).
- Some of the factors that affect IBSAT Cut off comprise earlier years’ cutoff, the difficulty level of exam, number of test takers etc.
- The table below highlights the tentative cut off for the different IBS Business Schools based on statistics from 2016:
- The cut off for IBSAT helps filter aspirants for the subsequent rounds of selection- Group Discussion and Individual Interview.
- IBSAT Cut off is various for all the various IBS Business Schools.
- Post announce the result, ICFAI will announce the official IBSAT Cut off 2018 in the second week of January 2018.
|IBS College||Opened Rank||Closing Rank|
Selection Process of IBSAT 2018
After the result of the written exam is out, qualifying aspirants proceed to the subsequent selection rounds. For IBSAT 2018, the selection rounds will take place from February 20- 26, 2018. These comprise GD/PI rounds, generally held at the Hyderabad campus.
Stages of IBSAT Selection Procedure
Stage 1- Registration
- To register, you may visit the official website once the cut off is out.
- A link will be offered on the official website during that time.
- Aspirants securing the at least cutoff marks can proceed towards registering themselves for the further rounds of IBSAT Selection Process.
Stage 2- Selection Briefing
- Selection Briefings will be organized at 40 locations from January 13- 17, 2018.
- The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to offer the aspirant an insight into Programs and procedures at IBS.
- It is organized introduce the shortlisted aspirants for all the programmes provided at the IBS Business Schools.
Stage 3- Group discussion
- Aspirants offer topics or case study to discuss for 15-20 minutes.
- Selected aspirants will be invited for group discussion at IBS Hyderabad.
- Apart from only reading the present affairs, aspirants should read newspapers and business magazines to complete the group discussion round.
- During the group discussion round, factors that help fetch marks comprise Leadership, Optimistic outlook, and Negotiation Skills.
- For group discussion, all the applicants are divided into a group of 8-10 people.
Stage 4- Individual Interview
- In this round, an aspirant’s communication skills, confidence level, manner, and aptitude are tested.
- Aspirants who successfully crack the GD Round are called for the final round i.e. Individual Interview.
Note: The final merit list is formed on the basis of marks secured in IBSAT 2018 (or MAT/CAT/GMAT/NMAT) + GD + PI + Academic Qualifications.
IBSAT 2018 Participating Colleges
- While the selection rounds of all these colleges are same, they differ in their cutoff marks.
- All aspirants securing a seat in the final merit list are allotted one of IBSAT Colleges.
- IBSAT test is organized for admission in the MBA/PGPM programmes provided by different ICFAI business schools.
- The following is the list of institutes who accept IBSAT scores:
|Name of Institute||State|
|IBS Business School||Mumbai|
|IBS Business School||Gurgaon|
|IBS Business School||Ahmadabad|
|IBS Business School||Hyderabad|
|National School of Business||Bangalore|
|IBS Business School||Bangalore|
|IBS Business School||Pune|
|IBS Business School||Dehradun|
|International Institute of Business Studies ||Karnataka|
|National School of Business||Karnataka|
|IBS Business School||Kolkata|
|Thadomal Shahani Centre For Management||Mumbai|
|IBS Business School||Bhubaneswar|
|IBS Business School||Kochi|
|IBS Business School||Indore|
|IBS Business School||Mohali|
|IBS Business School||Nagpur|
|IBS Business School||Noida|
IBSAT 2018 FAQs
Ques. What are the courses provided via IBSAT?
Ans. IBSAT is organized every year for admission to the following Programs:
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 2-year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad
- 2-year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses - Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
- 4-year Ph. D program (Part-Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 2 Year MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur
Ques. Is IBSAT a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
Ans. Yes. IBSAT is organized every year for admission to all programs of IBS at 95 test centers all over India. It is 2hr computer-based test. IBSAT 2018 test is scheduled from December 21-24, 2018.
Ques. Will IBS offer any Mock Tests?
Ans. Yes. Mock Tests are offered for the aspirants to familiarize with IBSAT 2018 Exam Format. These mock tests are available on ibsindia.org from September 2018 onwards.
Ques. What are the specifications for the photograph to upload during IBSAT Registration?
Ans. You must upload a colored photograph, full face till the shoulder, in jpeg or gif pattern. The photograph size should not exceed 25KB and should be approximately 140 – 160 pixels.
Ques. What is the fee structure of IBS programs?
Ans. MBA / PGPM Program:
- The aspirants selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be honored fee exemption of Rs.50,000. The fee exemption will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce domicile certificate from the Tahsildar/ MRO / Municipality Office. The clear details will be given in student handbook.
- IBS Hyderabad: Rs. 6.250 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur: Rs. 2.55 lakhs per annum.
- IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Mumbai, IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Kolkata, IBS Pune : Rs.3.63 lakhs per annum.
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
Ques. Who can I contact in case of a query?
Ans. In case of queries you may contact the authority via any of the below mediums:
IBS Admissions Office
Plot no 65, Ground Floor, Nagarjuna Hills,
Punjagutta Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana, India.
Phone: + 91-40-2344 0963;
Toll Free No: 1800 425 55 66 77