HP PAT 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus
Himachal Pradesh Polytechnic Admission Test (HP PAT) is a state level entrance exam organized once in a year by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board, Dharamshala for admitting aspirants in the 3 years Diploma courses in different government and private Polytechnic institutions in Himachal Pradesh.
- Aspirants must have passed class 10 exams from Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
- HP PAT 2018 Application Form will be available in the online method in the first week of April 2018.
- The entrance exam will be organized in the offline method by using OMR sheets.
- The exam will include questions from English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections.
- Those who wish to appear for the exam must download their hall tickets from the official website of the organizing authority.
HP PAT 2018 will be organized in the third week of May 2018. Those who wish to appear in the exam must go via all the important dates, eligibility and exam concerned information cautiously.
Highlights Table of HP PAT 2018 Exam
The exam highlights table for HP PAT 2018 Entrance Examination is given below.
|Date of HP PAT 2018 exam|| Third week of May 2018|
|Organizing Body|| Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board|
|Method of HP PAT 2018 exam|| Offline exam|
|Medium of HP PAT 2018 exam|| English and Hindi|
|Period of HP PAT 2018 exam|| 3 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions|| Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type and total 150 questions|
Exam Dates for HP PAT 2018
Below tables shows the tentative dates for HP PAT 2018 Exam dates
| Availability of application form|| First week of April 2018|
| Last date for submitting application form||The Second week of May 2018|
|Admit card availability||The Third week of May 2018|
|HP PAT 2018 exam date|| Third week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Result|| First week of June 2018|
HP PAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for HP PAT 2018 exam has been listed below:
- Participants must have passed their Class 10 or equivalent exam organized by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE).
- It is important to secure minimum 35% of aggregate marks in the qualifying Class X exam.
- Aspirants who appeared for the qualifying exam and awaiting results can also apply.
- Aspirants applying for HP PAT 2018 exam must belong to Himachal Pradesh state.
- Aspirants have to pass in the compulsory subjects which comprise Mathematics, Science, and English.
HP PAT Application Form 2018
HP PAT 2018 Application Form details like date of availability, fee structure based on caste category of the aspirant and the method of application fee payment is explained below:
- Aspirants required to fill HP PAT 2018 application form online.
- HP PAT 2018 entrance exam application form will be available from the first week of April 2018.
- Aspirants cannot make any changes or corrections in HP PAT 2018 application form after the final submission is made. So, aspirants are requested to fill the application form cautiously.
The below table lists the application fee structure based on the category.
| General||INR 650|
| SC/ST/OBC||INR 400|
How to fill HP PAT Application Form 2018
Below given steps are to be followed to fill the online application form successfully.
Step 1: New User Registration
- Visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board - hptechboard.com
- Click on the New User Registration link available under Online Services.
- Enter the need registration details and click on submit button.
- Click on Polytechnic Admission (PAT-2018) link.
- Now new browser tab will open. Click on the Polytechnic-PAT 2018 link.
- Go to the Online Admission 2018 link.
Step 2: Login and fill Application Form
- Click on the Apply Online link.
- Upload the scanned image of photograph and signature based on the given specifications.
- Fill all requested details in PAT-2018 application form like individual details, educational details.
- Enter the login credentials offered at the time of registration and login.
Step 3: Application fee payment
- Application fee payment can be done via online modes like internet banking, credit card, debit card or via offline bank challan payment method.
- After fee payment, save the application form and fee receipt for future references.
HP PAT Hall Ticket 2018
The details regarding HP PAT 2018 hall ticket is listed below:
- HP PAT 2018 Admit card will be available for download from the third week of May 2018.
- Admit card is compulsory for permitting aspirants into the examination hall.
- Admit card will contain the basic information such as the name of the aspirant, roll number, photograph, signature, address of aspirant, venue of the test center, test schedule and the instructions to be followed by aspirant.
- Admit card will not be sent by post to aspirants and must be downloaded from the official website of the exam organizing authority.
The steps to download HP PAT 2018 hall ticket.
- Download and save the hall ticket for future references.
- Find and click on HP PAT 2018 hall ticket download link.
- Enter the registration number and submit.
- Aspirants are requested to visit the official website - hptechboard.com.
Exam Center of HP PAT 2018
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board organizes HP PAT 2018 exam in 29 centers all over the state of Himachal Pradesh. The examination center once allotted to aspirant will not be considered for change at any stage. Therefore, aspirants must cautiously select the exam center at the time of application.
Exam Format for HP PAT 2018
The basic details regarding HP PAT 2018 exam format are listed below.
- The period for HP PAT 2018 exam is 3 hours with a total of 150 MCQ type questions.
- For each accurate response, 4 marks will be honored.
- All the questions in HP PAT 2018 exam will be of the multiple-choice type with 4 response options for a single question.
- For each inaccurate answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- There is a provision for negative marking in this exam.
HP PAT 2018 Exam format Highlights
Below table shows the important information regarding HP PAT 2018 exam format.
|Method of Examination||Online |
|Number of Questions|| 150|
|Maximum Marks|| 600|
|Period of Exam|| 3 hours|
|Sections in Paper|| 4|
HP PAT Syllabus 2018
Information regarding HP PAT 2018 exam syllabus is given below,
- The syllabus will be totally based on the latest updated syllabus prescribed by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.
- HP PAT 2018 syllabus will be based on the Matriculation (Class X) academic syllabus which comprises the 4 major subjects English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Syllabus for HP PAT 2018 exam based on weight for each subject is given below in the table.
|S. No.||Subject||No. of questions||No. of marks|
Books that can be taken as a reference for preparing for HP PAT 2018 exam are listed in the table.
|S.No.||Name of the Book||Publisher or Author|
|1||Himachal Pradesh PAT Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha||Arihant Experts|
|2||Himachal Pradesh PAT Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha (Old Edition) (Hindi)||Arihant Experts|
HP PAT Result 2018
The important information regarding HP PAT 2018 Result is given below:
- Result card of aspirants will not be sent via post.
- The result can be downloaded from official website of the organizing board - hptechboard.com.
- Result will be declared by the first week of June 2018.
- Merit list will be prepared by Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board based on the marks secured in HP PAT 2018.
The information regarding HP PAT 2018 Merit Score, Tie-breaking mode and Response Key are given below:
- Response keys will be announced within 2 weeks of the completion of the exam, which can be downloaded from the official website.
- Authorities will be releasing response key for HP PAT 2018 exam online.
- If two or more aspirants secure the same mark score in the entrance exam, then aspirant senior by age will be given the higher merit score in HP PAT 2018 counseling procedure.
- Any objections in the response key offered can be reported to the board immediately.
Cut Off for HP PAT 2018
Selection cut off marks for HP PAT 2018 polytechnic entrance exam depends on the total number of aspirants appeared for HP PAT 2018 exam, the difficulty level of question paper etc. Aspirants failing to meet the below at least cutoff mark in their written exam will not be applicable to attend counseling procedure. However, there is at least cutoff score for the written exam based on the caste category of aspirants, in order to qualify them for the written exam.
- For aspirants belonging to General category, qualifying mark is 90 marks (15% of total marks).
- To attend HP PAT 2018 Counseling, qualifying marks for aspirants belonging to SC/ST/OBC category is 60 marks (10% of total marks).
Expected Cut Off
Category based cut off marks to get qualified in the written exam is listed below.
Counseling Procedure of HP PAT 2018
Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board organizes the counseling for the qualified aspirants in the exam based on their merit score. The merit will be determined based on marks scored in HP PAT 2018 entrance exam.
The steps involved in HP PAT 2018 counseling procedure are explained in detail below:
- Aspirants must submit all the compulsory documents and verification of the compulsory documents will be taking place in this round of counseling.
- After the declaration of result, Central Admission Selection Committee will be organizing the online counseling for admissions in Polytechnic courses.
- HP PAT 2018 counseling procedure will start from the last week of June 2018.
- The list of shortlisted aspirants for counseling procedure will be declared on the official website of the exam organizing board.
- Allotment of seats to aspirants will be based on purely merit basis and the availability of seats at the time of the counseling procedure.
- Aspirants meeting all the specified requirements during the counseling procedure will be given admission in the Polytechnic courses.
Below are the compulsory documents need at the time of counseling for aspirants.
- Bonafide certificate or Domicile of HP
- Date of Birth certificate of aspirant
- Medical Fitness certificate
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- HP PAT 2018 Hall Ticket
- Caste Category certificate