BEEE 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Syllabus
BEEE (Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination) is conducted by Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research of Chennai. It is a national level entrance examination organized once a year. Both offline and online exams will be held in the month of April 2018. The application form of BEEE has been made available online for Phase II. The exam was held in both, online (CBT) and offline (PPT) modes.
- The entrance exam will be a written as well as an online exam.
- The test centers will be various for both the modes of the exam.
- Aspirants who meet the eligibility criteria can also apply for provisional admission but they have to produce original and relevant documents/certificates of their qualifying exam.
- The entrance exam will be held in two phases- Phase I and Phase II.
- Aspirants will be admitted to different engineering courses in the University Campus
Below is BEEE 2018 overview for aspiring aspirants.
|Name of Exam||BEEE (Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination)|
|Organizing authority||Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai.|
|Method of Exam||Phase 1 – Offline Phase 2 - Online|
Exam Dates for BEEE 2018
The chart below will give an idea to aspirants about the tentative exam date. For exact dates, which might change depending on circumstances, aspirants required to keep checking the official website.
|BEEE 2018||Tentative Date|
|Application form for Phase 1||January first week 2018|
|Last date to apply for Phase 1||January third week 2018|
|Phase 1 exam (pen and paper mode)||January last week 2018|
|Result of Phase 1 exam||February second week 2018|
|Last date to apply for Phase 2||April first week 2018|
|Phase 2 exam (pen and paper mode)||April second week 2018|
|Phase 2 exam (online mode)||April second to third week 2018|
|Result of Phase 2 exam||May first week 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for BEEE 2018
It is essential to match the eligibility criteria in order to apply for Bharath Engineering Entrance Examination. As per University; age limit, nationality, and educational qualification are the three criteria that are verified on each application before accepting the same. BEEE 2018 overview will share the parameters that are acting yardstick for aspirant’s eligibility.
- Age limit: Aspirant must be below 25 years of age in order to appear for the exam.
- Nationality: Aspirant must be Indian national. There should be Government id proofs submitted to ensure aspirant’s citizenship. Also, aspirants must pass 10+2 exam from an Indian board. Foreign nationals or NRI students are not applicable to appear for BEEE 2018 exam.
- Educational qualification: Aspirants must pass minimum 10+2 from a recognised board in order to appear for BEEE 2018 exam. Candidates must secure at least 50 % marks in aggregate on subjects like; physics, chemistry, mathematics. Also, aspirants having the diploma degree in any stream is applicable to apply for the exam.
Final year students are also applicable to appear for the exam. However, during counseling session aspirants are advised to collect provisional certificate till the original is announced from the board for 10+2 exam.
BEEE Application Form 2018
BEEE 2018 Application form can be filled via both online and offline mode. BEEE 2018 application form is easily available on the official website as well as from University counter. Based on aspirant’s Accessibility, one can opt for the more convenient for them.
- Online payment of INR 900 should be made via credit/ debit or net banking option.
- Aspirants are requested to visit the official website i.e. bharathuniv.ac.in
- Aspirants are requested to save the page on the desktop and take a print out of the same for future procedures.
- Aspiring aspirants required to register with the University site by creating their unique user id and password.
- Finally, when aspirant will hit the submit button, the page will redirect to the payment gateway page.
- Aspirants are requested to download the same and fill the details correctly.
- Once the payment is made, the receipt confirmation page will pop up.
- On the mentioned date, the application form will be available online on the website.
- Once the details are filled, it should be previewed before saving to avoid the mistake.
- In order to apply via offline method, aspirants are requested to visit the official website i.e. bharathuniv.ac.in and download the application form.
- The duly filled form and demand draft then needs to be couriered to the below contact details-
- Once BEEE 2018 application form is downloaded and saved on the desktop, aspirants are advised to take a print out of the form.
- Aspirants are advised to use ballpoint pen instead of ink and gel pen since any smudges or incomplete form may result in cancellation of the same.
- The hard copy of the form then needs to be filled correctly.
- The next step involves generating a demand draft of INR 900 in favor of University.
173 Agharam Road Selaiyur, Chennai
Tamil Nadu 600 073, India
- BEEE 2018 application form is also available from the corporate office inside University campus.
- An amount of INR 900 required to be paid on the counter to clear the application procedure.
- Aspirants can collect the application form and fill it up and submit the same in corporate office.
Note: Once the aspirant qualifies for counseling, aspirants required to make a payment of INR 20,000 in order to appear for counseling.
BEEE Hall Ticket 2018
The hall ticket will be available on the official website. Aspirants are requested to keep checking the official website for updates on the date. Aspirants will be able to download the same and take a print out for usage. On the mentioned date, the link for hall ticket will be available online.
- Once downloaded, the same required to be saved in pdf pattern on the desktop.
- It is compulsory to enter the exam hall.
- Aspirants are advised to take a print out of the hall ticket to carry in the exam hall.
- Admit card will be announced a week before the exam.
- Aspirants required to click on the link and download the hall ticket.
Exam Format for BEEE 2018
It is essential that aspirants should develop a fair idea about the exam format before appearing for it. This will save aspirant time and also boost confidence.
|Method of exam||Both offline and online|
|Number of questions||100|
|Period of exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Section in paper||4|
- Sections covered in the exam: BEEE 2018 will cover Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics and English.
- Time period: For each phase, aspirants will be allowed 2 and half hours to clear the exam.
- Marking strategy: Each phase will cover questions of 100 marks. Each section 30 mark each except English, which will cover 10 marks. Each accurate response will fetch 1 mark to aspirant while there will be no negative marking.
- Method of BEEE 2018: BEEE 2018 will be organized in two phases- 1 and 2. Phase 1 exam will involve pen and paper method while phase 2 will cover both offline and online methods.
Aspirants are advised to visit the official website of Bharath University in order to download earlier year’s question paper. This will help aspirants prepare for BEEE 2018 examination in a competitive way. Below is the information that is important for aspiring aspirants-
|Date of BEEE 2018 exam||Phase 1 - January Phase 2 - April|
|Medium of BEEE 2018 exam||English|
|BEEE 2018 Application form||Can be filled both online/offline|
|Application fee||INR 500|
|Application fee payment mode||Either online payment or via demand draft|
|Application form||Can be downloaded from website or can be purchased at University counter|
|Exam center||Across various locations in India|
|Choice of center||Up to 3 centers|
|Result||Phase 1- February Phase 2- April|
Syllabus for BEEE 2018
BEEE 2018 syllabus includes predominantly four subjects; mathematics, physics, chemistry, and English. The syllabus for the exam mainly concentrates on standard 11th and 12th syllabus.
- Biology is there for biology students only.
- The biology students will get questions on biology while,
- Rest will get questionnaire concerned with chemistry.
- Both offline and online test has 100 marks each allotted for the exam.
Aspirants are advised to attempt all sections of the paper in order to score well in the overall exam. Below chart will give an idea about the weight that aspirants required to give on specific subjects. Since there is no negative marking scheme so, aspirants must attempt all questions on the questionnaire.
|Chemistry or Biology||30|
Preference Books for BEEE 2018
Preparing for a good book is a key to success for any exam. NCERT Textbooks of class 11th and 12th are good for building basics for preparation. If you seeking to crack BEEE 2018, buy books according to the syllabus and written by a good writer. Here are few important books for each subject to aid preparation of BEEE.
|Name of the book||Publisher or Author||ISBN|
|Skills in Mathematics - coordinate geometry||S K Goyal||9351761401|
|Skills In Mathematics - TRIGONOMETRY||Amit M Agarwal||9351761444|
|Skills In Mathematics - INTEGRAL CALCULUS||Amit M Agarwal||9351761436|
|Basic Electrical Engineering Revised First Edition||D C Kulshreshtha||71328963|
|Electronic Devices and Circuit||Boylestad Nashelsky||9332542600|
|General Chemistry (Dover Books on Chemistry)||Linus Pauling||486656225|
|Understanding Chemistry||C.N.R. Rao||8173712506|
|Learning Science - Part 3: The World of Chemistry Molecules, Materials, Air, Water||Indumati Rao||8123747764|
BEEE Result 2018
Since the exam is organized in two parts, so the result too will be declared in two parts. For Phase 1, the result will be released in the month of February. For Phase 2, it will be declared in last week of April or first week of May 2018. Aspirants are advised to keep checking the official website since the results will be declared via the website.
- Once participant clicks on the link, it will allow aspirant to download the result based on the score in the exam.
- Aspirants required to open the official site.
- This merit list will then cater to the list for aspirants to appear for counseling session.
- Click on the flashing link that suggests the result.
- Login using unique user id and password.
Cut Off for BEEE 2018
BEEE 2017 Cut off is the at least score that aspirants required to obtain for admission into different engineering courses provided by Bharath University. The cut off will be announced after the declaration of the Result of BEEE 2017.
Parameters to calculate BEEE 2017 Cut off
There are few important parameters that are taken into account while deciding the cutoff. Check the deciding factors taken into consideration by the University listed below:
- The cut off determined for the entrance examination held in the earlier year.
- The total number of students appearing in the entrance examination.
- The total number of seats available in various courses provided by the University.
- Reservation criteria of the University for aspirants belonging to specific categories.
- The average score obtained by the aspirants in the entrance test.
- The difficulty level of the questions asked in the examination.
Counseling for BEEE 2018
This is the last and final step in getting admission in Bharath University. Counseling is done in two phases. Below are the steps- BEEE 2018 admission is incomplete without this step since without appearing for counseling session, the aspirant will not be allowed to take admission in the program.
- If an aspirant fails to inform, then the admission procedure is liable to get canceled.
- Aspirants can choose college as per own preference, however, if rank permits only then aspirant will be allotted as per preference.
- If on the date of counseling aspirant is unable to attend it, they should inform the university authority a day prior to the date and take recruitment for a later date.
- Seats for counseling will be allotted as per rank.
- Aspirants appearing for the counseling session must carry a demand draft of INR 20,000 in favor of Bharath University, Chennai.
- Without the demand draft, aspirants will not be allowed to appear for the counseling session.
- Aspirants who qualified in both offline and online exam will become applicable for counseling session.
- Aspirant required to visit in person for the counseling session.
- It is compulsory to carry all relevant documents while appearing for the counseling.
- Aspirants who once given the slot in the first stage, will not be allowed to take another slot in the second stage.
- If due to some technical mistake, the scorecard of a particular aspirant is on hold, even then the aspirant can appear for the counseling with an undertaking that in case aspirant is unable to secure the requisite marks, then admission will hold cancel for them.
The documents that aspirants required to carry during counseling session are-
- Six passport size recent photographs with white background identical to the one used in the BEEE 2018 application form
- Four copies of the passport size photographs with white background of parent or guardians
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST/ OBC)
- BEEE 2018 Admit card
- BEEE 2018 Score Card
- Migration Certificate/Transfer Certificate (if any)
- Character certificate from the last institute
- Aadhar Card/Ration Card/ Voter id Card/ Passport
- Call Letter from University
- 10+2 Mark sheet (recognised board)
- 10th standard mark sheet
- Demand draft of 20,000 INR in favor of Bharath University, Chennai
- Domicile Certificate for Jammu & Kashmir and North-Eastern State aspirants
On validation of all documents, the admission process will clear.