XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) Result 2018
Last Updated -
February 26 2018
XAT Result 2018 will announce online on January 31. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is set to be organizeed on January 7. XLRI Jamshedpur, the organizing body of XAT, will declare the results at its official website i.e. xatonline.net.in. XAT Scores are valid for one year only.
- The scores secured in XAT are considered for admission to both, part-time and full-time MBA programs in XLRI & other B-Schools.
- XAT Cut off is also announced along with the result. One must note that the cut off differs institute to institute.
- The document contains an aspirant’s overall as well as sectional percentile.
- The overall cut off for BM is expected to be 96, 92.55 for HR and 22 & above for GMP.
- To reach XAT scorecard, enter your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text in the login window.
- Aspirants completing the cut off can then proceed to further selection stages (Group Discussion, Individual Interview or Written Ability Test).
Highlights of XAT Result 2018
|XAT Result 2018 Date||January 31, 2018|
|Result will be declared by||XLRI Jamshedpur|
|XAT Result will be declared at||www.xatonline.net.in|
|Result can be accessed using||Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text |
|Details on Score Card||Rank and Marks obtained|
|Courses Available||Business Management (BM), Human Resources (HR) and General Management Program (GMP)|
|Validity of XAT Result||1 year|
XAT Result Date 2018
For all the aspirants awaiting XAT Result, here are all important dates for your reference:
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||January 7, 2018|
|Announce of XAT Official Response Key||January 19, 2018|
|Declaration of XAT Result 2018||January 31, 2018|
How to Check XAT Result 2018?
It must be noted that XAT Result will be declared online. However, the scorecards will be sent by post. Aspirants who appeared in the exam can check XAT Results from January 31, 2018, onwards. Here’s is how you can check your result:
- Visit the official website of XAT i.e. xatonline.net.in.
- Look up for the link “XAT 2018- Score Card” on the top of the page.
- Log-in using your Registration Number, Date of Birth and Security Text, offered at the time of application.
- Click on the link “Download XAT Score Card”.
- Download the scorecard which is available in PDF pattern.
Note: XAT 2018 result and scorecard will be available for download for as long as the admission procedure continues. Aspirants can download it anytime between this duration.
How is XAT Result Calculated?
- In XAT, each question carries 1 mark. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The scores of Paper 1 and Paper 2 are calculated differently and will also be mentioned under separate sections in the XAT scorecards.
- The percentage or percentile of GK will be calculated separately and not comprised of total percentage or percentile.
- A maximum of 12 questions can be left unresponded. Post that, there is negative marking of 0.05 marks.
XAT Score vs Percentile
Here are the marks vs percentile analysis for XAT 2018. OA stands for Overall Aggregate.
- 47.12 OA → 99.278 percentile
- 42.82 OA → 97.891 percentile
- 51.26 OA → 99.751 percentile
- 45.64 OA → 98.896 percentile
- 40.83 OA → 96.842 percentile
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) Score Card 2018
XAT scorecard is an important document that must be safely preserved. It contains the marks obtained by an aspirant in a different section of XAT 2018. Based on the marks scored, aspirants will be shortlisted for further selection rounds. It must be noted that the original XAT Score Card will be sent via post at the registered address of the aspirant.
Following are the details that are mentioned on XAT scorecard:
- Date of announcing of XAT result
- Exam Date
- XAT ID
- Percentages and Percentiles scored in various sections of XAT 2018
- Name of the aspirant
Note: XAT has three main sections viz. Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Logical Ability and Judgement Making. There is also a fourth section corresponding to General Knowledge. However, marks in GK are not considered while preparing the merit list.
What after XAT Result 2018?
- The interviews at XLRI are scheduled in February and March 2018.
- Each college declares its separate XAT Cut off. The selection rounds vary too.
- They have to book their interview slots and upload self-profile assessment and video.
- All qualifying aspirants can seek admission in any one of the 150 premium B-schools throughout the country. These comprise 11 member institutes of XAMI, listed below:
- A GD/PI list of shortlisted aspirants is announced. All the shortlisted aspirants then need to update the city to appear for the interview and also submit certain documents.
- XLRI Jamshedpur
- XISS Ranchi
- XIM Jabalpur
- XIM&R Mumbai
- XIM&E Bangalore
- XIM Bhubaneshwar
- St. Aloysius Institute
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
- SFIMR Mumbai
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management Bangalore
- LIBA Chennai
Expected XAT Cut Off 2018
- The selection criteria to shortlist aspirants can comprise GD, PI and Essay Writing. These too vary institute-wise.
- Aspirants must complete the sectional as well as overall cut off to be considered a pass.
- Apart from XLRI, the other participating Institutes of XAT do not declare XAT cutoffs officially.
- The cutoff for XAT varies for various programs for various institutes.
- All aspirants who complete XAT and score the at least need cut off will proceed to further rounds of selection.
The below table describes the percentile need for various programs of XLRI:
|Program(s) Provideed||Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Judgement Making||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||Overall|
|Human Resource Management||76.69||71.628||70.07||92.55|
|Global Management Programme||5 and above||5 and above||6 and above||22 and above|
Check Expected XAT Cut off
How to Apply for Institutes Accepting XAT Score?
Aspirants who have appeared for XAT can apply for the institutes accepting XAT score. Steps to apply for admission to MBA/PGDM degree of the member institutes of XAMI are mentioned below:
- Register for XAT 2018 by visiting the official website.
- Obtain clear details about the admission procedure from the official website of the institute or their administrative office.
- Follow the specified registration or application process.
XAT Colleges will be providing admission into their post-graduate management programs to those aspirants who have completed the XAT cutoff and the GDPI rounds successfully and whose names are currently in the final shortlist published on the website.
Result for shortlisted aspirants for further rounds of GD/PI
- A very important point to be noted is that each institution independently decides the weightages to be given for each of the test components on the basis of its required.
- After XAT 2018, based on the cut-offs, the list of the shortlisted aspirants for the next round of GDPI will be prepared.
- Aspirants shortlisted for GD/PIwill also be intimated personally by the organising authority.
- XLRI does not play any sort of role in the selection of the participants in these institutes.
We hope all the deserving aspirants secure a seat in their preferred college. Completing XAT becomes easier if you prepare all the sections well. Gear up for the exam on January 7. Good luck!
Share on Whatsapp