XAT Cutoff 2018 for SPJIMR Admissions
Last Updated -
March 10 2018
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) in Mumbai is one of the of the top 10 business schools in the country. SP Jain cut off is usually above 80 percentile. Besides Common Admission Test (CAT), SP Jain provides admission on the basis of XAT (Xavier’s Admission Test) as well.
XAT Cut Off is determined on the basis of different factors. Aspirants getting above the at least cut off marks in the entrance exam are then called for Group Discussion followed by Individual Interview.
Here’s a quick review of the institute.
- For 2018-20 batch, the number of seats available for Indian Nationals is 240 and 36 for foreign nationals.
- To get admission into this college, CAT, XAT, and GMAT are accepted.
- To be able to get a call for the selection rounds, the at least marks to score are given below:
- Other programs provided comprise the PG Executive Management Programme (PGEMP), the PG Global Management Programme (GMP), and PG Programme in Development Management (PGP-DM) programme.
- SPJIMR provides the regular management programs like as PG Diploma in Management (PGDM), PG Program in Management (PGPM) and PG Certificate in International Management (PGCIM).
| ||CAT 2017 Cutoff||XAT 2018 Cutoff||GMAT 2017 Cutoff|
XAT Cut off 2018 for SPJIMR
XAT is one of the most famous management entrance exams in our country. After completing XAT Cut Off, aspirants are shortlisted for Group Discussion and Individual Interview rounds by the premium management institutes of the country.
- XAT is organized by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) every year and cut off is announced by XLRI.
- The cutoff consists of section-wise scores for each of the MBA programs provided by respective institutes.
- On the basis of XLRI’s XAT cut off, other management institutes announce their separate cut-offs.
- All aspirants who score the at least XAT Cut Off will be called for Group Discussion and Individual Interview.
- XAT cut off 2018 will announce in the last week of January 2018.
- There are more than 600 colleges that provide MBA programs with different specializations on the basis of XAT scores.
- Selected aspirants will be called for counseling in March 2018.
Factors Affecting XAT Cut off 2018
- Level of difficulty of the entrance test
- Normalization of XAT Scores
- Available seats in the participating XAT colleges or institutes
- Average marks scored in XAT exam
- Earlier years’ trend
- Number of aspirants appearing for the test
XAT Cut off 2017 for SPJIMR
- Aspirants who qualify XAT will be called for the subsequent rounds of Individual interviews and Group discussions.
- Selection of the aspirants to SP Jain is based upon their performance in XAT (for those aspirants who have not appeared for CAT).
- Aspirants getting above 85% percentile in XAT have probable chances of being shortlisted.
- However, besides the cut-off, there are other factors to consider too for being shortlisted like as a number of participants and earlier years’ trends.
- Academic records and work experience, extra-curricular activities are also considered for final selection apart from the SP Jain XAT Cut Off.
- In 2017, cut off figures for the MBA program in SP Jain via CAT/XAT are 85+ percentile or an equivalent Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score of 650.
SP Jain XAT Cutoff 2017 is as follows:
|Selection Calls||XAT Cut off (in Percentile)|
|Profile-Based Calls||Verbal Ability||75|
|Profile + Score Based Calls||Verbal Ability||80|
Eligibility Criteria for SPJIMR
For the regular 2-year PG Diploma in Management (PGDM), the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The aspirant should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent (10+2+3) from a recognised university.
- Graduates up to 5 years of work experience can apply.
- Work experience is not mandatory for this program.
- Fresh graduates or students in the final year of graduation can also apply.
For the PG Program in Management (PGPM), the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- They must have an at least of 5 years of work experience.
- Earlier academic performance, extra-curricular activities, achievements are also taken into consideration.
- Aspirants must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university in India or abroad.
For PG Certificate in International Management (PGCIM), the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Aspirants must hold Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university in India or abroad.
- They must have an at least of 2 years of work experience.
Selection Criteria of SPJIMR
In recent time, the institute has made some changes in its admission procedure for its MBA programs. Earlier, score-based calls and profile-based calls were joined together. Separate calls are given based on aspirant profiles and scores. But now, the two groups will be interviewed in separate phases.
Also, the institute has raised the number of seats to provide admission to more and more profile-based students in the 2-year MBA course. It is to be noted that completing the SP Jain XAT cut off is just the first hurdle as many factors are clubbed together for the final selection.
There are 2 ways of selection:-
- Profile Based Calls: Here, the institute calls on the basis of the aspirant’s profile. However, the selection criteria here is that aspirant required to score an at least of 85% percentile overall and a sectional of 70% percentile in all sections.
Otherwise, the interview call becomes invalid. Here, the Institute observes closely the aspirant’s academic performance over the years, extra-curricular activities, achievements, and relevant work experience.
- Score Based Calls: Once the results are declared, calls are made to aspirants on basis of CAT, XAT and GMAT Scores. 85-90 percentile in CAT/XAT is good enough to be shortlisted. The selection is a combination of both your score and your profile. Check XAT Result
It is to be noted that SP Jain Institute gives too much emphasis on the aspirants’ extra-curricular activities, profile, and experience and of course their performance in the interview rounds.
It doesn't give much preference to CAT/XAT scores. These scores are just used to all aspirants for the second round. Your selection depends on the GD and PI and other factors. So even if you get the at least XAT cut off, you are simply qualified for the second round.
Share on Whatsapp