XAT 2018 Notification Published
Last Updated -
March 22 2018
The official notification for XAT 2018 is out now. XAT 2018 is amongst the most prominent management entrance exam in the country and is accepted by more than 150 business colleges in the country. The test is organized by XLRI –Xavier’s School of Business (also known as Xavier’s Labour Relations Institute) and the notification for the test has been announced by the same.
XAT 2018 will be organized on January 07, 2018 in around 50 cities in the country and also at 2 international locations.Download XAT 2018 Brochure
Listed below are some quick facts about XAT 2018:
- XAT 2018 online registration will start on August 21, 2017. Check XAT Registration
- Aspirants who are able to complete XAT Cut Off will be called for admission by the colleges for which they have applied.
- The results of XAT 2018 are expected to arrive on January 28, 2018.
- Hall Tickets for the test will be made available on the official website from December 23, 2018.
XAT 2018 Highlights Table
|Name of Test||Xaviers Aptitude Test|
|Famously known as||XAT 2018|
|Type of Exam||Management Entrance Test (PG Level)|
|Organized by||XLRI – Xavier’s School of Business|
|The frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||January 07, 2018|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Method of Test||Offline|
XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
XAT 2018 is taken by around 1 lakh candidates every year for taking admission in PG Programs in Management. Here are the details of it:- XLRI has set some at least eligibility criteria for XAT 2018.
- There is no Nationality Boundary for XAT 2018. Indian aspirants and aspirants from Dubai and Kathmandu can apply straight for XAT 2018.
- Aspirants in the final year of their Graduation can also apply for the test. However, they required making sure that they will clear their graduation by June 2018.
- NRI and Foreign aspirants can apply for XAT 2018 via their GMAT registration.
- Aspirants required to have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institute.
- There is no age limit for XAT 2018.
Exam Dates for XAT 2018
As per the official notification by XLRI, XAT 2018 is scheduled for January 07, 2018. The schedule for events like the start of registration or announce of hall tickets will be announced shortly. However, according to past trends, the clear schedule for XAT 2018 may look like this:-
|XAT 2018 Application forms will be available from||August 21, 2017|
|Last date to apply for the test (without late fee)||November 21, 2017|
|Last date to apply for the test (with late fee)||December 01, 2017|
|Announce of XAT Hall Ticket||December 23, 2017 onwards|
|Date of Test||January 07, 2018|
|Declaration of Results||January 28, 2018|
XAT Registration 2018
The registration window for XAT 2018 will become functional from August 21. Aspirants may follow the steps listed below to register themselves for the test:- Aspirants can apply for the test by visiting the official website of XAT 2018.
- The application fee for XAT 2018 is INR 1600. If aspirant seekings to apply for XLRI along with the test, the fee is INR 300 for per course applied by the aspirant.
- Now, start filling XAT application form. This will involve filling individual details, uploading need documents and mentioning qualification and work experience.
- After making the payment, the application form is clear. Aspirants are advised to have a printout of the form, for future references.
- Via the link received, aspirants required to create a password for their XAT account. Aspirants must remember this password and next time they can log in via this password only.
- Aspirants making the payment via Demand Draft will have to update the information in the form as soon as the payment is made, and will be required to send the confirmation page and Demand Draft to Chairperson of Admissions at XLRI.
- Click on – ‘Register’.
- Access the official website for XAT 2018 – www.xatonline.net.in.
- Here you have to create an account first, with your email ID. After the registration, a XAT ID and a link will be sent to your email ID.
- After this, aspirants required to make the payment. Payment can be made via online mode, via pay-in-slip at IDBI Bank or via a Demand Draft.
Exam Format for XAT 2018
XAT 2018 is a test that is 3.5 hours long and consists of 5 sections, which are Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Judgment Making, General Knowledge and Essay Writing. Let us take a look the clear examination format for XAT 2018:-
- Paper 2 has 25 questions of General Knowledge and 1 topic of essay writing.
- Aspirants will be given 210 minutes to clear the total exam.
- Aspirants are given 40 minutes to clear paper 2.
- XAT 2018 will be organized in Offline Mode.
- XAT 2018 is divided into two parts, paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1 consists of 70 questions on Judgment Making, Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability.
- There is negative marking in the test for not attempting a question. If an aspirant leaves more than 12 questions, 0.05 marks per question will be deducted.
- Aspirants are given 170 minutes to clear Paper 1.
- For each accurate response (except essay writing), aspirants are given 1 mark, and for every inaccurate response, 0.25 marks are deducted.
XAT Results 2018
The result will be announced by XLRI Jamshedpur on January 31, 2018 However, we can expect the results of XAT 2018 in 1st week of February 2018, at the latest. XAT Result will be made available on the official website.
Here are the steps that aspirants can follow to check the result of XAT 2018:-
- The scorecard will appear on the screen. Score Card will show the score of Aspirant along with his/her percentile.
- On the Home Page, Aspirants will be able to find a link named – ‘XAT 2018 Score Card’. Aspirants required to click on that link.
- After this, the login page will appear. Aspirants required to enter their XAT Registration Number and Date of Birth in respective columns, and click on ‘Login’.
- Aspirants first required to access the official website of XAT 2018 – www.xatonline.net.in.
- Aspirants are advised to have a printout of this scorecard as it will be required in the admission procedure.
Selection Process for XAT 2018
Since there are a lot of B-schools under XAT 2018, the selection process may not be same for all colleges. However, we can have a look at the selection procedure for XLRI’s various courses, which is the topmost college under XAT 2018. So here it is:-
- The aspirants who are able to secure the need percentile are called for the further procedure.
- Aspirants who perform well in these rounds are given admission by considering their XAT 2018 score as well as GDPI scores.
- Aspirants who have been shortlisted have to attend the two-stage selection procedure. This involved a group discussion in the first stage, which is followed by a Personal Interview.
- Aspirants first required secure the cut off percentile need for getting shortlisted.
Aspirants must understand that applying for XAT 2018 does not mean that aspirant has applied for participating colleges also. Even for XLRI, there is a separate section in the application form. Aspirants required to apply for other colleges separately, if they seeking to take admission in that particular college.
Cut Off for XAT 2018
As mentioned above, XAT 2018 is taken by around 1 lakh candidates every year to take admission in PG Management Programs in various colleges. Since the pioneer college under XAT 2018 is XLRI itself, knowing the cut off will give a better idea of the test. Here are the 2017 cutoffs of XAT for different programs at XLRI:-
Share on Whatsapp
|XAT 2017 CUT OFF PERCENTILE|
|Section||For Business Management Course||For Human Resources Course|