WBSEDCL (West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company) Recruitment through GATE 2018
Last Updated -
March 23 2018
WBSEDCL Appointment via GATE 2018- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company (WBSEDCL) will appoint Electrical Engineers, Computer Science, Information Technology and Mechanical Engineers for the position of Assistant Engineer on the basis of their scores in GATE 2018.
WBSEDCL application form will be available from February 27 – March 24, 2018. Interested and qualified aspirants need to apply separately via this online application.
Aspirants should have scored well and secured a respectable rank in GATE 2017 in order to qualify for subsequent appointment rounds at the PSU.
*Dates are tentative
Vacancy of WBSEDCL (West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company) Recruitment through GATE 2018
WBSEDCL has declared that it plans to appoint 113 engineers on the basis of their GATE 2018 scores. Refer to the table below to see the break up between the two streams it has decided to appoint from.
|Stream||No. Of Vacancies|
|ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS (EE)||58|
|MECHANICAL ENGINEERS (ME)||38|
|COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING /INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (CS)||17|
Job Profile of WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Assistant Engineer: WBSEDCL is appointing Mechanical engineers, Electrical engineers and Computer Science/IT engineers for the position of Assistant Engineer. It involves a whole lot of field work and interaction with consumers and stakeholders at the same time. This position and capacity promise holistic development of the recruited aspirants not only technically but also individuality-wise and confidence-wise. Don’t let this opportunity of working at such a renowned PSU slip from your hands!
Read About PSU Appointment via GATE
Salary for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
WBSEDCL appreciates hard work, dedication, focus and sincerity in the form of a handsome remuneration as well as incentives on the daily basis
|PAY-SCALE||Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100|
|GRADE PAY||Rs. 5,400|
Service Bond: of Rs, 1,50,000 for a time span of 4 years from the date of joining the company (including 1-year probation/training period) is need to be agreed to and signed by the recruited aspirants for the position of Assistant Engineer.
Application Date for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The first step to the application is filling the GATE 2018 form which has the following details
The second step to Application is the filling up and submission of the Online Application form on the official website. Pay attention to the important dates below
|Starting Date to Apply Online & for Payment of Fee.||February 27, 2018|
|Last Date of Applying Online||March 24, 2018|
Cut off from WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The aspirants should have obtained a valid score in GATE 2018 i.e. a score greater than or equal to the qualifying marks set by the authorities in the respective ME, EE, EC, CH papers.The following basic cutoffs could be used as an indicator of the mindset of the appointing company
Although the GATE CutoffScore is usually not revealed by WBSEDCL, since 80% weight is assigned to the GATE score we advise you to try and fall in the below rank ranges in order to secure a guaranteed appointment at WBSEDCL.
|Category||All India Rank|
Eligibility Criteria for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Aspirants should have appeared for GATE 2018 - Mechanical engineers for Mechanical Engineering (ME) paper, Electrical Engineers for Electrical Engineering (EE) paper, Computer Science and Engineers/Information Technology Engineers for Computer Science (CS) Paper, and obtained a valid score i.e. a score greater than or equal to the qualifying marks fixed for that paper.
- Aspirants should have graduated after a Full Time of 4 years completion of B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engineering) Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electrical & Electronics (Combined)/ Mechanical Engineering/ B.Sc (H) in Physics with 3 years B.Tech in Electrical Engineering/ Power Engineering.
- 18-27 years is the age range for aspirants to fall in as of 1.01.2017
- 3 years- OBC
- 5 years- SC/ST
- 10 years- PWD
*Final year students are applicable to apply
*Only SC/ST from West Bengal will stand applicable to avail relaxations given to SC/ST category under the appointment process and policies.
Application Fee for WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Refer to the table below to understand the process for payment of Application to WBSEDCL fee
|GENERAL||Rs. 400/-by depositing in any discipline of United Bank of India via a triplicate Challan.|
|SC, ST, PWD||Exempted|
*No other method of payment is acceptable and the fee is non-refundable in all circumstances
*The Challan has to be sent along with hard copy of Application form and other certificates and documents.
Read About PSU via GATE 2018
Application Procedure of WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- Please ensure that you have a valid Email address, contact number and scanned copies of photograph and signature (not greater than 50 KB in size).
- Navigate to the official website: website www.wbsedcl.in.
- Click on “Career @ WBSEDCL” —> “Appointment of Assistant Engineer (Electrical) & Assistant Engineer (Mechanical) and Assistant Engineer (Computer Engineer/Information Technolgy) via GATE 2018 ″.
- Click on “Apply Online” and read all the instructions cautiously.
- Fill in all the fields cautiously and click on Submit form once you’re sure that all the details you have filled are verified by you.
- Take a printout of your form.
- Make payment to United Bank of India (for General aspirants).
- Send the Application form after pasting your photograph and signing it, a copy of Challan, self-attested photocopies of all certificates and documents to The Advertiser, Post Bag No. 781, Circus Avenue Post Office, Kolkata-700017 via ordinary post. DO NOT FORGET to write the name of the position applied for on top of the envelope!
Selection Procedure of WBSEDCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Aspirants selected for Interview procedure will be intimated by Call/SMS.
The aspirants will take a printout of their call letter by logging in with the same credentials as their Application form.The checklist for document verification has to be adhered to strictly. Following are the components and weights assigned to each of them in the appointment procedure:
- GATE 2018 (80% weight): interested and applicable aspirants required to appear in GATE 2018 in papers of their streams/disciplines- Mechanical Engineering paper (ME), Electrical Engineering (EE) paper
- Only the aspirants scoring valid score i.e. a score greater than or equal to the qualifying marks fixed by the GATE authorities will be shortlisted for the next round of appointment.
- Individual Interview (10% weight): encompasses questions such as “What is your dream job”, “Why do you seeking to join a PSU like WBSEDCL”, “Where do you seeking to take your career in the next 5 years”, “What are your strengths and weaknesses”. Aspirants must familiarize themselves with the status of the company, its projects and be standing in the industry. Exceptional communication skills and English proficiency will give you an edge over others so working on these parameters will take you a long way in your career at WBSEDCL.
Most Importantly: Core technical and academic concepts must be very strong as they also reflect your capability to score high marks in GATE paper
- Group Discussion (10% weight): round mainly revolves around current, socio-economic and technological events- required for sustainable construction, bullet trains in India, women empowerment etc. Aspirants should be well aware of all happenings in the country and must expand their general knowledge to make the first impression the lasting one.
*Aspirants must have deep expertise in MS Office in order to compete with an edge.
You must carry all your necessary documents and certificates for Verification purposes
- Interview call letter (original and photocopy)
- 5 Passport sized photographs
- Class XII Marksheet, Pass Certificate
- University degree/ Certificate of completion/ Marksheets of all semesters
- You should carry two photocopies of each document and create two identical sets with one photocopy in each set.
- Any aspirant submitted false/inaccurate information shall be rejected at any stage of the selection procedure.
- Enter your accurate GATE registration number while online application procedure.
- Students must remember to apply via online application procedure; no manual applications will be entertained.
- GATE Hall Ticket with Overwriting will lead to cancellation of student registration.
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD aspirants must carry their certificates of caste status/disability proofs at the time of individual interview failing which their candidacy may stand cancelled.
- Address proof- Passport/ Aadhar card
- GATE 2017 scorecard
- Class X Marksheet, Pass Certificate
- The aspirant must keep their hall ticket and registration slip before final selection/result.
- Photo ID proof- PAN card/Aadhar card
Share on Whatsapp