VITEEE 2018 Counselling Procedure
Last Updated -
March 01 2018
VITEEE Counseling Process 2018 will be held for admissions to undergraduate courses of engineering (B.Tech) at VIT University. VITEEE Counseling 2018 will be held in the month of May 2018. After VITEEE 2018 Result is declared, aspirants will be called for the counseling procedure. Aspirants will have to be current at the center allotted to them to participate in VITEEE Counseling 2018.
Aspirants will be summoned according to their ranks in VITEEE, in two phases. Each aspirant will be given a specific time slot for a particular day as per their ranks for the counseling. The details of the process for counseling and documents need are given in this article. Qualifying aspirants are advised to go via a set of guidelines to help in smooth running of the procedure.
VITEEE will be held from April 5, 2018 to April 16, 2018 this year. The results for VITEEE will be declared on or before April 24, 2018 on the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in.
VITEEE Counseling 2018 Highlights Table
|VITEEE Counseling 2018 will be held in||May 2018|
|VITEEE Counseling Dates 2018 will announce at||www.vit.ac.in|
|Number of Counseling rounds||2|
|Selection will depend on||Merit and discipline preference|
|VITEEE Fee after selection||INR 50,000 (comprises counseling fee of INR 10,000)|
|Method of Fee payment||Online/ Demand Draft|
VITEEE Counseling 2018 Important Dates
The Counseling for VITEEE 2018 will be held in the 1st and 2nd week of May 2018. The counseling schedule is given below: Aspirants must attend the counseling sessions of both the phases. Phase 1 counseling is for rank-holders up to rank 20,000 whereas, Phase 2 counseling will be held later in the month of May. They will be notified of the process. The detailed schedule will be put up on the official website i.e. www.vit.ac.in in the month of April.
|1 – 8000||May 10, 2018||Wednesday|
|8001 – 14000||May 11, 2018||Thursday|
|14001 – 20000||May 12, 2018||Friday|
|20001 – 25000||May 15, 2018||Monday|
|25001 – 40000||May 16, 2018||Tuesday|
|40001 – 55000||May 17, 2018||Wednesday|
|55001 – 70000||May 18, 2018||Thursday |
|70001 – 85000||May 19, 2018||Friday|
|85001 – 99999||May 22, 2018||Monday|
VITEEE 2018 Counseling Process
The counseling process for allocating various disciplines of engineering is based on the All India Rank in VITEEE 2018. Applicable students must register for counseling on the website of VIT. Only the registered candidates can attend the VITEEE Counseling 2018 round. Aspirants must follow the below steps to participate in VITEEE Counseling 2018:
Required More Help In VITEEE 2018? Write To Us
- Register for VITEEE Counseling 2018
- Aspirants will be informed via SMS about the schedule of VITEEE Counseling 2018
- Visit the need VITEEE Counseling Centre and current documents
- Slot and day-wise vacant seats will be updated by VIT
- Date and time of VITEEE Counseling 2018 will not change under any circumstance
- In case an aspirant fails to access the center, his seat will be provided to the next aspirant in order of merit
- In special cases (inevitable/unforeseen/unavoidable reasons) if some examinee is not able to participate in VITEEE counseling 2018 individually on the specified date and time, then he can appear for counseling on a subsequent date and time. For this, he has to inform the VITEEE 2018 office in this regard. Secondly, the aspirant has to accept whichever discipline is available at that time.
- In case a qualified aspirant’s mark sheet is not received before the scheduled day of counseling, he has to produce an undertaking mentioning that if the aspirant fails to qualify as per the rules, then he/she will give up their seat.
Instructions for VITEEE 2018 Counseling Centre
Information for allotment of seats will be put up on the VIT website on the day of declaration of results. Their guidelines for the counseling procedure are given below:
- An aspirant should be current at the allotted center and time for counseling as per their rank.
- It is compulsory to carry the counseling hall ticket. It can be obtained from the VIT website after the declaration of VITEEE 2018 Result. The aspirant should fill in the details and keep a copy for the procedure.
- A seat will be allotted to the candidate in accordance with his rank and choice. If he/she wishes to confirm the seat, an advance fee must be paid.
- The number of seats available and the list of disciplines will be displayed on the screen.
- Selected aspirants must submit a DD for INR 50,000/-, drawn in the favor of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore. This fee is to be submitted only on confirmation of admission to the discipline allotted to the aspirant. The counseling procedure fee is INR 10,000/- and it is non-refundable. It will be adjusted in the tuition fees when the aspirant joins the University.
- The aspirant must fill in his choices for securing a seat.
- According to an aspirant’s rank, his identity and documents will be verified. Then, the aspirant must enter his digital signature as assurance of being current for the counseling.
Check VITEEE Cutoff 2018
VITEEE 2018 Documents need for Counseling
Aspirants must produce the following documents for verification in original along with two photocopies, at the specified VITEEE Counseling Centre. Any aspirant without these documents cannot participate in the counseling procedure. The list of documents is given below:
|VITEEE 2018 e-Admit card||Caste certificate (if eligible)|
|VITEEE Counseling Admit card||Nativity certificate ((For aspirants hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura).|
|VITEEE Scorecard||Demand Draft for INR 50,000 (Advance payment)|
|Proof of birth (birth certificate, class 10th board certificate, etc.)||Physical fitness certificate|
|12th std Mark memo (if available)|| |
VITEEE 2018 Seat Allocation
The qualifying students will be allotted seats with reference to their rank, choice of course and availability of seats. Allocation of discipline and Campus is final and cannot be changed under any circumstances. The aspirant must decide for certain whether he seekings to join the program based on the discipline allotted to him before paying the fees.
Important Guidelines for VITEEE 2018 Counseling
VIT Counseling has a specific set of guidelines for the participating students. It is recommended to go via these guidelines to avoid any confusion at the time of admission and counseling.
Share on Whatsapp
- No change of date or time for counseling is permissible.
- The selection of aspirants and their admission to different courses provided by the VIT University in all their campuses will be followed via a single window for counseling.
- The number of short-listed aspirants is more than the number of available seats due to a number of absentees.
- If an aspirant has not received the mark memo of the qualifying exam, he must sign an undertaking which states that if he fails his seat shall be surrendered.
- If an aspirant is not able to attend the counseling on the specified day and time due to some issue, he can do so on a subsequent day after informing the authorities. However, he will have to opt for a course available at that time. The aspirant cannot claim a course he could have gotten at his original turn.
- The details of the different disciplines of engineering provided under the B.Tech program in the present year, the total number of seats situated to each discipline at the time of counseling, the number of seats still available will be displayed at the counseling center to enable the aspirants to make their choice. Based on the availability of seats, the aspirant will be then allotted a discipline.
- Report to the counseling center well in advance.
- The information regarding counseling dates will be put up on the official website of VITEEE i.e. vit.ac.in. The qualified aspirants will also be notified through text messages after results are declared.
- Violation of any instruction can make the aspirant inapplicable for admission.
- Aspirants should report to classes within 7 days from the date of commencement of classes, failing which, the admission granted will be canceled automatically and fees will stand forfeited.
- Students hailing from Andhra Pradesh / Telangana Intermediate Board of Education should make it a point to submit their Pass Certificate Cum Memorandum of Marks at the time of admission.
- The qualification of an aspirant in VITEEE 2018 and attending the counseling procedure does not guarantee him a seat.
- A student once enrolled for a course, is expected to clear the same. He cannot withdraw from the University without informing the Registrar in writing. Otherwise, he will be liable to pay fees for the duration his name remains on the rolls.
- The number of available seats for each discipline after the admission of students will be updated as the counseling proceeds. Aspirants can visit the VIT website for this information.