UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam) BHMCT 2018
Last Updated -
March 06 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 offers admission to Undergraduate courses in Hospitality and Management. U.P State Entrance Examination for Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology will be organizeed by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow.
- Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh will organize the entrance examination.
- The at least requirement to appear for the entrance exam is 10+2 with minimum 45% of marks.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be organizeed in the month of April 2018.
- It will be carried out in the online mode.
- Aspirants who seekings to pursue Hotel Management as a full-time career should apply for the entrance test.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Application Form will be available from February 2018.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 is a State Level Entrance examination.
The highlights for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Format are mentioned in the table below:
|Date of Exam||Mid-April 2018|
|Organizing Body||Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Method of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|A medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Period of Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||75 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Courses Provideed||Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|Number of Seats||As per the College and Institute|
Exam Dates of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be organizeed on April 16, 2018, April 22, 2018, and April 23, 2018. The opening date for filling of online application will begin in the third week of January 2018. All the details will be uploaded on the official website.
For all the details of UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Dates, check the table below
|UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Online Application begins||January 2018|
|Final Date for Online Application||February 2018|
|Admit card will be available from||First week of April|
|UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Date||April 16, 2018 April 22, 2018 April 23, 2018|
|Result Date (tentative)||May 2018|
Eligibility of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
Participants must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear for UPSEE BHMCT 2018. Aspirants who are appearing or have appeared for the qualifying examination are applicable to apply.
The eligibility for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 in detail is mentioned below:
- Aspirants from all branches can apply for BHMCT program.
- Aspirants who have qualified or are appearing for any 10+2 equivalent examination are also applicable to apply.
- For NRI participants, passing the 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognised Board or University with minimum 45% aggregate marks is compulsory.
- For admission to BHMCT, participants must have passed the intermediate examination of Uttar Pradesh Board or 10+2 level examination.
- Aspirants who have passed their qualifying examination from other Board and University should offer Domicile of U.P. of their parents/guardians.
- For SC/ST aspirants, an at least of 40% aggregate marks without grace marks are needed.
- Admission to NRI aspirants will be given on the basis of relative merit list based on the aggregate marks of the qualifying examination.
- The at least marks need to fulfil the eligibility is 45% marks without grace marks in aggregate for General and OBC category aspirants.
- Age limit is not eligible for admission to BHMCT course.
- As per AICTE, Foreign Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries are exempted from appearing for UPSEE BHMCT. Such aspirants can apply for admission straight.
- Intermediate/10+2/Any other equivalent examination should be passed from either U.P Board or a Recognised Board or University.
Application Form of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
Aspirants who fulfil the eligibility can apply for UPSEE BHMCT 2018. The application for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 can be procedures in online method only. Online applications can be made via the website www.upsee.nic.in.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 online applications can be submitted from the first week of January 2018 to the last week of February 2018. Aspirants who seeking to pursue Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology from the University of U.P. should apply for UPSEE BHMCT 2018.
How to Apply for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Online?
- Fill in the details such as Name, Phone number, Email Id and Aadhaar Number
- Visit the official website www.upsee.nic.in
- Upload Photo and Signature
- Upload a scanned image of the signature.
- The scanned photograph should not exceed 100kb in size.
- Upload a recent coloured passport photograph with a light background.
- Both the documents should be in jpg or jpeg pattern.
- The scanned signature should be less than 30kb.
- Online Fee Payment
- The procedure the application fee in the online method using a credit or debit card or via net banking.
- Confirmation Page
- Download the page and print out for any future reference.
- After the payment, the page will navigate to application confirmation page.
Here are few guidelines aspirants should follow during and after application online:
- The form or confirmation document should not be sent via the post.
- Also, make note of the Application number which will be needed for downloading hall ticket and result.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page in case of any technical glitches or failure of procedures hall ticket.
- Aspirants can additionally note down the transaction number as a proof of successful payment of application fee.
- Aspirants should possess Aadhaar Number without which the application will not be procedures.
Application Fee of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
The application fee for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 for General and OBC category Male or Transgender aspirants is INR 1200 and INR 600 for Female aspirants, PWD or SC and ST aspirants respectively.
Refer the table below for the application fee categorized on the basis of Gender and Category.
|Category 1||Category 2||Application Fee|
|For Male and Transgender aspirants||General and OBC||INR 1200|
|For Female Aspirants, Person with Disability||SC and ST||INR 600|
The application fee can be procedures in online modes only. Participants can use a credit or debit card to procedure their application fee.
Credit or Debit card:
- On the payment page, enter the credit card or debit card number and CVV number and procedure the fee.
- Participants can select credit/debit card from the options offered.
- Select the bank from the drop-down menu list and click proceed.
- Enter your internet banking details and procedure the payment.
- Select net banking from the payment options while proceeding for payment of application fee.
Hall Ticket of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Hall Ticket will be available in the first week of April 2018. The hall tickets for all the successfully registered aspirants will be uploaded on the official website only. Aspirants who have filled in all the details and procedures the application fee will be considered registered.
- After downloading the hall tickets, aspirants should check for any discrepancies.
- Downloaded hall tickets will be treated as valid hall ticket.
- Aspirants will not receive the hall tickets via the post.
How to download UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Hall Ticket?
- Save and take a printout of the hall ticket.
- Select BHMCT from the drop-down menu
- Visit the official UPSEE website http://www.upsee.nic.in
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Hall Ticket
In case, any aspirant is unable to download the hall ticket; the helpline should be contacted.
The email id to access for help is [email protected]
Admit card should be preserved safely even after examination as it needs to be produced at the time of counseling and admission.
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam Centers
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be organizeed in 17 cities in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The exam centre should be selected and filled in suitably by participants. The exam centres are categorized on the basis of the method of examination. For the Computer-based test, a list of centres will be offered at the time of application.
For UPSEE BHMCT 2018 (Computer Based Test) Exam Centers are:
|4. Ambedkar Nagar|
|9. Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida / Greater Noida)|
Exam Format for UPSEE BHMCT 2018
In the series of papers of UPSEE, BHMCT is Paper 5 which is organizeed in online mode. Participants who seek to qualify UPSEE BHMCT 2018 should prepare for the entrance by pursuing and mapping the exam format. All the details of the exam format are listed below:
- The medium of UPSEE BHMCT will be English and Hindi.
- All the objective questions will be based on the general topics to test aspirant’s aptitude.
- Negative marking is not involved in the evaluation and no marks will be deducted for the inaccurate answer.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 question paper will consist of 75 objective based multiple-choice questions.
- The examination will be organizeed in Online method i.e. (Computer Based Test).
- Every question will carry 4 marks and if the response is correct, 4 marks will be allotted for every accurate answer.
- The maximum number of marks for the question paper will be 300.
- The period of the exam will be 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- A record of inaccurate responses by aspirants will be recorded separately.
Here is a quick tabulated overview of UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Exam format:
|Method of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Questions||75 Multiple-choice questions|
|Maximum Marks||300 marks|
|Period of Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||None|
Syllabus of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be based on general questions to test aspirant’s aptitude. The questions will be based on topics such as Reasoning & Logical Deduction, General Knowledge, Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude and English Language.
The topics and subtopic wise breakdown is offered below:
- Reasoning & Logical Deduction
- Selection of concerned letters/words/numbers/figures
- Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical format and logic of the series
- Geometrical designs & Identification
- Completion of numerical series based on the format/logic
- Identification of odd thing/item out from a group
- Syllogisms (logic based questions), Identification of logic & selection of accurate responses based on the logic
- Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude:
- Questions concerned to the common use of science (Physics & Chemistry)
- Health & Nutrition
- Calculation of fraction, percentages, square roots etc.
- Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
- Data / Table analysis, Graph & Bar Diagram and Pie Chart analysis
- Arithmetical questions up to 10th standard
- General Knowledge:
- Historical events
- Countries’ & Currencies
- Latest Who's Who?
- Present affairs/Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics)
- Geography including Tourist Places/Spots
- Sports & Games
- Present affairs relating to Business & Trade
- English Language:
- Word Meanings
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Reading Comprehensions followed by questions
- Complete / Improvement of the sentences with accurate use of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives
- Meaning of Phrases & Idioms
- Fill in the blanks
Books for UPSEE BHMCT 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 aspirants can refer to the following books for preparation. We have compiled the list below:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|The Perfect Study Resource for - GGSIPU BHMCT Common Entrance Test 2017||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9352039637 ISBN-13: 978-9352039630|
|NCHMCT-JEE: National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Exam (Earlier Years Papers)||RPH Editorial Board||ISBN-10: 8178124491 ISBN-13: 978-8178124490|
|Guide for Hotel Management 2018||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311127043 ISBN-13: 978-9311127040|
|Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide||Gladvin Rego||ISBN-10: 8173668736 ISBN-13: 978-8173668739|
|General English for All Competitive Examinations||S.C. Gupta||ISBN-10: 9350947935 ISBN-13: 978-9350947937|
Result of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result will be declared in the month of May 2018.
- A separate merit list will be prepared for UPSEE BHMCT.
- Aspirants who seeking to get the response sheets scrutinized can apply within seven days of result declaration.
- For scrutinization, a fee of INR 5000 will be charged for per paper.
- If two or more aspirants secure equal marks, aspirant with higher age will be placed higher in the case of a tie.
- A written application with all the details and fee should be submitted to the Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (U.P.) 226021.
- Merit Position, Score-card with total marks and marks obtained will be available after the declaration of result.
- UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result will be declared by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow and will be considered final after the declaration.
The result will be declared along with the official response keys for aspirants to cross verify in case of any discrepancy.
How to Download UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Result?
- Enter the Application number and select the birth date from the drop-down menu.
- Save the result and take a print out.
- Click on UPSEE 2018 Result
- Visit the official website www.upsee.nic.in
The print result will be considered valid and should be preserved safely for the procedure of counseling and admission.
Cut off from UPSEE BHMCT 2018
The cutoff marks for UPSEE BHMCT 2018 will be displayed on the official website.
- For SC/ST category, the cutoff percentage is 20% for the merit of successful aspirants as per the UP-State Government order.
- The cutoff percentage of marks in UPSEE BHMCT 2018 for the merit of successful aspirants is 25% for General and OBC category.
- Aspirants who fulfil the cutoff marks and are listed in the merit list will be called for counseling.
- The cutoff marks will be based on the qualifying marks and number of lesser inaccurate responses.
Counseling of UPSEE BHMCT 2018
UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Counseling will be carried out after the declaration of Result and Merit list. The Counseling will be carried out in 5 rounds for BHMCT aspirants.
Each Round will follow these steps:
- Downloading the Provisional allocation letter and Physical Reporting at the Institute
- Registration and Uploading of Documents
- Seat Allocation Result
- Online Readiness by the student
- Choice Filling
- Choice Locking
- Online Document Verification at centralized Verification Center
Here are the guidelines Aspirants should keep in mind:
- Once the seat is allotted, no changes will be considered admissible in terms of the Institution and Discipline.
- The seat allocation will be carried out strictly on the basis of merit of the aspirant.
- Fees once paid after counseling will be forfeited and will not be refunded under any given circumstances.
- The number of seats can increase or decrease till the dates of UPSEE BHMCT 2018 Counseling.
Share on Whatsapp