TISSNET 2018 Answer Key, Analysis, Question Paper & Cut off
Last Updated -
January 13 2018
TISSNET 2018 was successfully held on January 6, 2018. Like last year, this year’s pattern was computer-based and there was no negative marking. TISSNET scores are accepted only by TISS and its four campuses: Mumbai, Guwahati, Tuljapur, and Hyderabad.Check TISSNET Cut off
- Unlike in other exams, the DI in TISSNET had no Sets and each of the 8 questions was independent of each other and had a graph attached to the same.
- TISS is expected to announce TISSNET 2018 Result by January 27, 2018 (8pm).
- General Knowledge had questions on Present affairs, peoples, books, and sportspersons.
- Aspirants who have obtained the at least cutoff score are only applicable to participate in TISSNET Selection Process.
- There was a heavy dose of Static GK too which could make a difference in the eventual marks that one gets in the exam. Check TISSNET Paper Analysis (Detailed)
Response Key for TISSNET 2018
According to the notification allotted by TISS, the Question Paper and Response Key will be made available on the official website when the online exam is wrapped up in all 39 exam centers across the country. Questions concerned with General Awareness carried 40 marks, English Proficiency carried 30 marks and the remaining 30 marks for Maths and Logical Reasoning. Aspirants applying for a single or multiple programs have to response 100 objective type questions in 100 minutes.
How to Reach TISSNET 2018 Response Key?
The following steps involved in reaching the response key of TISSNET 2018 are as follows:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.tiss.edu
- Go to the ‘MA Admission Eligibility Test TISSNET 2018’ section.
- Click on the ‘Response Key’ link.
- Check your response and Download the response key for future references.
Paper Analysis for TISSNET 2018
- A general trend observed over the years is that the exam difficulty is average.
- Most candidates who have taken the test felt that the General Awareness section is tougher than the other sections.
- The first section on General Awareness included of 40 questions. The questions covered a broad range of present affairs including books, people, and sports.
- The second section on English Proficiency included of 30 questions. The questions comprised antonyms, word analogies, reading comprehension and spot the grammatical mistake.
- The third section on maths and logical reasoning included of 30 questions. The questions comprised arrangement, set theory, number system and geometry.
TISSNET – Sectional Analysis
General Awareness –
- Nearly all the areas like Science, Geography, Sports, Economics, Polity, Present Affairs, etc. were covered.
- General Awareness included questions from both static and present GK with the maximum number of questions from present GK.
- The present affairs questions were of easy to moderate level of difficulty whereas the questions from static GK were more difficult to attempt.
- A good score in this section could be 21-23.
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning –
- The ideal time allotment for this section would be 30-35 min.
- This section was fairly easy in terms of the level of difficulty.
- An attempt of minimum 23-25 questions would be considered good as the section was fairly easy.
- Some questions on Logical reasoning were quite tricky.
- The Data Interpretation section was calculation intensive and had only one question per figure.
English Proficiency –
- The level of difficulty of this section was easy to moderate.
- No question was witnessed from Para Jumbles this year. Although, one or two questions had tricky options, yet the aspirants managed to attempt the questions well.
- The main areas covered were: RCs, Mistake spotting, Odd Man Out, Antonyms, Analogy, etc.
- An attempt of 25-27 questions could be considered good in order to score well.
TISSNET 2018 Cut off
- The cut off for TISS Exam is declared along with the result only.
- These are the at least qualifying marks that an aspirant must secure to stand applicable for next selection rounds.
- Given below are the expected category-wise cut off marks for TISSNET 2018. However, TISS will declare the official cut off in February 2018.
- Some of the factors that determine TISSNET Cut off comprise earlier year cutoff, the difficulty level of exam, number of test takers, etc.
|Program||Category||TISSNET 2018 Cutoff (Official)|
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations||General category||82|
|Development Studies||General category ||75|
Earlier Year Cut off for TISSNET (2013-2016)
Share on Whatsapp
|Category||Cut off Score|
|General||73 – 76||74-77||70-73||77-81|
|Other Backwards Classes||–||65-68||63-66||77-81|
|Person with Disability||–||62-65||58-61||65-67|