TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) Dimension, Photo Size, Format and Other Details 2018
Last Updated -
April 05 2018
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is organizeed by Anna University each year. The exam is organizeed for admissions to different institutes of the state for MCA, MBA, M.Tech, M.Plan and M.Arch Degree Courses.
Registration for TANCET 2018 is open now. The last date to apply is April 23. The application fee is INR 500 for General Category.
While filling TANCET application form, students come across a number of queries relating to scanned photograph and signature. For your ease, we have jotted down the basic guidelines to keep in mind:
- The size of the images should not exceed 30 KB.
- Aspirants who successfully fill register will appear for TANCET 2018 on May 19 and May 20, 2018.
- After uploading the images, aspirants will be allowed to make the payment of the application fee.
- Photograph in TANCET Hall Ticket must match with the images uploaded in the application form. It will be available from the first week of May 2018.
- No facility to change the uploaded image after the closure of application submission window will be available.
Photo & Signature Specifications for TANCET 2018
Participants should make sure that the scanned image of his photograph & signature matches all the specifications that are declared by the organizing authority. In case the images fail to meet the requirements, TANCET application form will be rejected by the examination organizing body.
Here are the mandatory specifications to follow:
- The size of the image should not exceed 30 KB.
- The pattern of the image should be JPost Graduate or JPEG.
- The photograph of the aspirant must have a white background and should not be more than six years old.
- A recent photograph will be preferred.
- Photographs taken from a mobile phone may get rejected.
How to upload scanned photograph and signature?
- Visit the official website of TANCET.
- Login with registration number and password received by the participant.
- Fill all the details mentioned in the application form.
- After entering your individual, qualification and work details, proceed towards uploading your photograph.
- Click on the respective links and browse the location where the scanned images have been saved.
- Select the file and click on the upload button.
How to Edit Images for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test 2018?
Editing scanned images may degrade the quality of the images. As uploading of the low quality of images is not acceptable in TANCET Registration, there are a few ways by which you can edit the images as per the need specifications of TANCET 2018.
Images can be cropped, edited, compressed by available online tools. They are- Pisaca, Free Online Photo Editor, Photo Pea, Luna Pic, Cam Scanner, MS Paint etc.
To edit TANCET image via Picasa, follow the below steps:
- Open the image on PC
- Download Picasa
- Go to Crop → Add Aspect Custom Ratio → Add the Dimensions for Width & Height
- Make the changes
- Save it for uploadingH3. Instructions for Scanning TANCET Photograph & Signature
Instructions for TANCET Photo size & Signature
Aspirants should note down certain instructions mentioned below for scanning their photograph properly.
- The image file should only be in JPG/ JPEG pattern.
- Aspirants must be facing forward to the camera and their face should be completely visible. Photographs, where aspirants are facing in some other direction, will not be accepted.
- The photograph should have a full-face view with minimum 50% of the area occupied by aspirant’s face. Look straight into the camera.
- Eyes, nose, and hair of aspirants must be visible in the photograph.
- Set Color to True Color.
- Set the scanner resolution to an at least of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- If you wear glasses make sure that there is no reflection.
- Adding filters or editing the photograph will result in cancellation of the application form.
- File Size should be as per the specification mentioned above.
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 30KB. If the size of the file is more than 30 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner.
- An image should then be cropped in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature. Further, use upload editor to crop the image to the final size.
Aspirants must be very careful while choosing the photograph and signature for uploading TANCET Application Form. The purpose of the photograph and signature is to verify the identity of the aspirant. The photograph must match all the requirements as said above. Adhering to these specifications/ guidelines will ensure a smooth registration procedure.
Share on Whatsapp