SSC Stenographer 2018 Recruitment Notification, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Format & Syllabus
Last Updated -
March 06 2018
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will soon announce the official dates for SSC Stenographer 2018. The exam is organized for Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’ Non- Gazetted) & Stenographers Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted).
- The exam will be organized in online mode, which will be divided amongst 3 sections (General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, English Language and Comprehension).
- 12th standard pass or equivalent from a recognized board of university is compulsory to apply for SSC Stenographer.
- Aspirants who appeared for the exam can check SSC Stenographer Result from October 2018 onwards.
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form will be available in online method from June 2018 onwards.
- Aspirants who register successfully will appear for SSC Stenographer 2018 in August.
- It will announce at the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. Shortlisted students will then proceed towards the subsequent selection rounds.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Quick Links
Highlights Table of SSC Stenographer 2018
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission Stenographer|
|Organizing Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Type||National Level Test|
|Exam Date||August 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have completed 10+2 board from a recognised university|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Written Exam and Skill Test|
|Duration||Written Test: 2 hours|
Skill Test: 10 minutes
SSC Stenographer 2018 Important Dates
SSC Stenographer 2018 exam dates have not been released yet. The tentative schedule for SSC Stenographer 2018 is given below: However, the application forms are expected to be out in the first week of June 2018.
|Submission of online application form Starts||June 2018|
|The cut-off date for making an application online/offline||July 2018|
|Hall Ticket will be allowed||August 2018|
|Examination date||August 2018|
|Result declaration||October 2018|
|Skill Test||December 2018|
|Final result||March 2019|
All the above-mentioned dates are tentative. Actual dates will be updated after announcing of official notification.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants, who are fulfilling the at least basic eligibility criteria and having need skills in stenography, can apply for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam. The need SSC Stenographer 2018 Eligibility Criteria are as below:
- First of all, Aspirants should be an Indian citizen or a subject to Bhutan or Nepal or Tibetan/ Burma /Sri Lanka/ Pakistan/East African Countries, who relocate to India with the intention of permanently settling in India before January 01, 1962.
- Aspirant age must be between 18-27yrs as on August 01, 2018. Date of birth mentioned in the High School (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration for age count. Aspirants, who are belonging to reserved categories, will benefit age relaxation as per the Government’s Rule and Regulations.
- Aspirants must have finished their 12th class exam or its equivalent degree from a recognised institute/ board/university.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application form will be available through Online mode. Aspirants, who are looking forward to applying for the SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C and D examination, required to register at the official website. Aspirants can go via the step by step procedure in this regard:
- Once the registration gets over, aspirants will be offered with the registration ID as well as the password on their phone or else to an email address (as offered by aspirants while filling up the form).
- Once the registration is done, then there is no required for OTR form. Aspirants can simply sign in and enter the registration address as well as password.
- Enter the need credentials i.e. individual, professional, and basic information in the form.
- Then, Aspirants are advised to read it cautiously and collect clear details.
- Click on the Registration Part Section.
- Aspirants required to upload the latest scanned photo, their signature as well as the certificate in the form.
- Before submitting the form, aspirants are advised to check all details cautiously and then submit the form.
- Aspirants must take the print out of the application form for further reference.
- Aspirants need to pay application form fees.
- After that, fill OTR (One Time Registration) Form.
- Go to the official website of SSC i.e. ssc.nic.in.
- Aspirants must make sure to fill SSC Stenographer 2018 Application form with clear details along with scanned photo and sign.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Hall Ticket
- All aspirants who have successfully applied for SSC Stenographer can download the hall ticket from the official website.
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Hall Ticket will be available by the first week of August 2018.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without SSC Stenographer 2018 Hall Ticket. They must carry the hall ticket with a passport size photograph and ID proof.
- SSC Stenographer will not issue any hard copy of the hall ticket.
Here are the steps to download SSC Stenographer Hall Ticket:
- Visit the official website of SSC of their zone or region.
- Click on the link ‘SSC Stenographer 2018 Hall Ticket’
- Log in to your application account via your registration number.
- Download and take a print out of SSC Stenographer 2018 Hall Ticket.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Format
SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam will be done in two stages i.e. Written Examination followed by Skill Test/Stenography Test. The written exam will be divided into three parts as namely,
Part 1 - General Intelligence & Reasoning
Part 2 - General Awareness
Part 3 - English Language and Comprehension
- Part 1 and Part 2 will contain 50 questions each while Part 3 will contain 100 questions.
- There will be negative marking also and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong response.
- Written test question paper will be set in both Hindi and English language except Part 3.
- Altogether there will be 200 questions. Each question will carry 1 mark. CheckSSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Format
- The period of the written exam will be of 2 hours for all category aspirants but for visually handicapped aspirants, it is of 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- All questions will be of objective type.
- Aspirants will have to report minimum 30 minutes before the exams or else they will not be allowed to enter the examination hall for both shifts.
- Aspirants who will qualify the written test will be called for Skill Test/Stenography Test.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Format
|Subject Details||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Skill Test
- This criterion is for stenographer grade ‘C’ posts and for grade ‘D’ it is 80 words per minute.
- Aspirants who will be applicable for stenography skill test will be given one dictation for the time duration of 10 minutes in Hindi as well as English at the speed of 100 words per minute.
- The Skill Test/Stenography Test will be conducted at different sub-regional offices or to some different other centers.
Syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2018
|General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)||Verbal and nonverbal type questions, problem- solving analysis, arithmetical reasoning, syllogism, number series, blood relationship concept, visual memory, and much more.|
|General Awareness||Based on important dates of celebration, present events, book’s author name, important sports days, history, general polity, the economy of India, scientific research, economic sense and Indian constitution, present affairs, newspapers etc.|
|English Language and Comprehension||English language, synonyms, antonyms, grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, reading comprehension etc. In the English language sections, writing ability also will be checked.|
SSC Stenographer Result 2018
- Aspirants who fail to meet the at least cutoff criteria will be disqualified from the further selection procedure.
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Result will be declared around last week of October 2018 in online mode.
- The result will be declared on the basis of sectional and overall scores.
How to check SSC Stenographer 2018 Result?
- Visit the official website of SSC zone or region wise.
- Click on the link for SSC Stenographer 2018 Result.
- Students will be required to fill their registration number and password.
- After finishing this procedure, the result will appear on the screen.
- Students must take a print out for any further reference.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Counseling Procedure
The at least qualifying exam marks for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D, will be decided by SSC only. Aspirants, who qualify the skill test, will be considered for final selection. Selection of the aspirants will be done on the basis of the performance attained in the written examination as well as the typing test. Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of merit list and called for appearing in Skill Test/Stenography Test. Selection of aspirants will be done on the basis of their performance in written examination.
In case of Tie-breaking
Share on Whatsapp
- If aspirants get equal marks then the date of a birth certificate will be checked and priority will be given to the older aspirants. If tie-breaking still there, then
- Aspirants, who secure more marks in the written test, will get the preference.