SSC JE Exam Pattern 2018
Last Updated -
February 15 2018
SSC JE 2018 is organized in two phases of paper 1 and paper 2 on the same day. Paper 1 is organized online whereas paper 2 is organized offline.
- Paper 1 consists of three sections of General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical).
- It contains the questions based on General Eng. (civil & structural), (Electrical) or (Mechanical) as per aspirants choice.
- Aspirants who manage to complete paper 1 will only be applicable in paper 2. Paper 1 will act as a gateway for paper 2.
- Paper 1 contains questions paper of 200 marks to be done in 2 hours of duration.
- There is also a negative marking of 1/4th. For every single accurate response aspirant will be honored 1 mark and there is a deduction of 0.25 marks for the inaccurate answer.
- Paper 2 contains question paper of 300 marks to be finished in 2 hours.
SSC JE is organized every year by Staff Selection Commission for the appointment of Junior Engineer for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical trade.
Read More: SSC JE 2018 Answer Key, Question Paper & Analysis
Highlights Table of SSC JE 2018
Given below are the important highlights of exam format of SSC JE 2018. The question paper will be organized in the English language in pen and paper method only.
|Exam Mode||Paper 1: Computer-based test (Online) Paper 2: Pen and paper-based method (Offline)|
|Number of papers|| 2|
|Question Paper Type|| Multiple Choice Questions|
|SSC JE 2018 Total marks||Paper 1: 200 marks Paper 2: 300 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours for each paper|
|Exam language|| English and Hindi|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark per question|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks in Paper 1|
SSC JE Exam Format 2018 in Detail
SSC JE 2018 is organized in two papers i.e. paper 1 and paper 2. The type of question paper is objective type. Given below is the detailed format for paper 1 and paper 2 aspirants should check.
Paper 1 is organized in an online method i.e. computer-based test. The type of question paper is objective i.e. MCQ based.
- Section 1 and section 2 are mandatory for each aspirant. In section 3 aspirants have to make choice for the subject from Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- For every single accurate response, the aspirant will be honored 1 mark. There is also a negative marking of 1/4th.
- Section A and B consist of 50 marks each. This section checks the aspirant’s ability and knowledge of general reasoning and awareness. Section C consists of 100 marks and checks aspirant’s knowledge of the subject chosen from Civil/Mechanical/Electrical.
- The period for paper 1 is 2 hours and the question paper is of 200 marks.
- Paper 1 consist of 3 sections of General Intelligence, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical).
- Aspirants have to lose 0.25 marks for every inaccurate answer.
|Papers||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam period & time|
|Paper I- MCQ type||1) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50 marks ||2 hours (from 10 am to 12 pm)|
|2) General Awareness||50 marks |
|3) General Eng. (civil & structural) OR part B General Eng. (electrical) OR part C General Eng. (Mechanical)||100 marks|
Paper 2 is organized in an offline method i.e. pen and paper mode. The type of question paper is multiple choice based.
- Paper 2 is a conventional type exam, aspirants have to choose the subject from Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural), Part B- General Eng. (Electrical) or Part C- General Eng. (Mechanical).
- The period of the exam is 2 hours i.e. from 2 pm to 4 pm.
- Aspirants have to attempt question paper of 300 marks in 2 hours.
|Papers||Subjects||Maximum marks||Exam period & time|
|Paper II- conventional type||Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural) OR Part B- General Eng. (Electrical) OR Part C- General Eng. (Mechanical)||300 marks||2 hours (from 2 pm to 4 pm)|
Syllabus for SSC JE 2018
Given below is the syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 differently aspirants should check. Having an ample knowledge of syllabus will help the aspirants score better.
|Paper 1||General Intelligence & Reasoning ||Arithmetical reasoning Verbal & figure classification Relationship concepts Observation Discrimination Visual memory Judgement making Judgment Analysis Problem solving Space visualization Similarities Analogies|
|Arithmetical Number Series General Awareness||Scientific research Indian constitution General polity Economics Culture, Geography Sports, History Present events etc|
|Electrical engineering||Basic electronics Utilization of electrical energy Estimation & costing Generation, transmission & distribution Synchronous machines Fractional kilowatt motors & single phase induction motors Electrical machines Measurement & measuring instruments AC fundamentals Magnetic circuit Circuit law Basic concepts|
|Mechanical engineering||Production engineering classification of steels Principles hydraulic turbines centrifugal pumps Fluid pressure fluid kinematics dynamics of ideal fluids measurement of flow rate basic Fluid mechanics & machinery properties & classification of fluid, fluid statics measurement Thermal Eng. Properties of pure substance 1st & 2nd law of thermodynamics air standard cycles for IC engines performance IC engine combustion IC engine cooling & lubrication Rankine cycle of steam boiler, classification specification, fittings & accessories air compressors & their cycles refrigerator cycle principle of a refrigerator plant nozzles & steam turbines. Engineering mechanics & strength of materials Theory of machines & machines design.|
|Paper 2 Conventional Type||Civil Engineering ||Building material Environmental engineering Transportation eng. Irrigation eng. Hydraulics Soil mechanics Surveying Estimating, costing & valuation|
|Structural engineering||Steel design RCC design Concrete technology Theory of structures|
SSC JE 2018 Reference Books
Books plays an important role in the life of students. Given below are some of the important advisable books for aspirants preparing for SSC JE 2018. It is necessary to study the good books for the exam which does not contain any error.
General Intelligence & Reasoning
|Chapter wise Solved Papers SSC Staff Selection Commission Reasoning 2017Paperback – 2017|| Arihant Experts|
|SSC (CPWD/CWC/MES) General Intelligence & Reasoning General Awareness for Junior Engineers Guide 2017||GKP|
|General Knowledge 2018|| Manohar Pandey|
|SC General Awareness Topic-wise Latest 35 Solved Papers (2010-2016)||Disha Experts|
|SSC JE Civil Engineering Objective (SSC Junior Engineer)||Praganya|
|Civil Engineering: Via Objective Type Questions||Gupta|
|SSC (CPWD/MES) Civil Engineering 10 Solved Papers & 10 Exercise Papers for Junior Engineers 2017 ||GKP|
|SSC JE: Mechanical Engineering - Topicwise Earlier Solved Papers|| Made Easy Editorial Board|
|SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Appointment Exam Guide||Disha Experts|
|Mechanical Engineering (Conventional and Objective Type): Conventional and Objective Types||R.S.Khurmi|
|SSC Jr. Engineer (Electrical) Exam Guide||RPH Editorial Board |
|SSC JE: Electrical Engineering – Topic wise Earlier Solved Papers ||Made Easy Editorial Board|
|SSC Junior Engineer Electrical Engineer Exam Guide –Cum-Exercise Work Book—English|| Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran & KICX|
Important Instructions for SSC JE 2018
Given below are the important instruction for SSC JE 2018 aspirants should read to avoid unknown error:
Share on Whatsapp
- Aspirants must not forget Hall Ticket on the day of exam, it is gateway to the examination hall.
- Response should be marked properly by darkening the circle in the OMR sheet.
- No extra rough sheet is allowed in the examination hall. Margin will be given to do rough work in the test booklet.
- Aspirant should access the exam center 1 hour prior than the commencement of exam
- It is not allowed to clarify doubts on any item in test booklet from the examiner.
- Fill the need details in the response sheet. The result may not be evaluated if the details are not entered or entered correctly.
- No electronic item is allowed in the examination hall which is considered as the subject of cheating.
- Do not open the test booklet without permission
- Aspirants should cautiously listen to the instruction given by the examiner.
- Failure to follow instruction written in the examination will lead to disqualification.