SSC JE 2018 (January 30) Answer Key, Question Paper & Analysis
Last Updated -
January 30 2018
SSC JE January 29, 2018, the last session paper took place. Here, we are providing you an overall analysis to know the level of difficulty of the exam, weight of exam topics, predicted exam format and overall section wise good attempt. Aspirants who manage to obtain the at least SSC JE Cut off score are only applicable to participate in SSC JE 2018 Selection Process.
- General Engineering Section for Civil & Structural carries questions on topics like Building Materials, Costing & Valuation, Soil Mechanics, etc.
- More questions were asked from topics like Analogy, Judgement Making, Odd One out and Arithmetical Number Series.
- The questions comprised a broad range of present affairs including books, sports, and people.
- For Electrical, questions are mostly asked from topics like Basic Electronics, Circuit Law, Transmission & Distribution, and Electrical Machines.
- Most candidates who have taken the test claimed that the General Intelligence & Reasoning section was tougher than the other sections. Check SSC JE Paper Analysis
- For Mechanical, topics like Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics and Classification of Steels cover most of the questions.
- A common trend observed in SSC JE 2018 over the years is that the difficulty level was average.
- Result of SSC JE 2018 Paper 1 will likely be released by the SSC in March 2018.
Response Key for SSC JE 2018
According to the notification allowed by SSC JE, the Question Paper and Response Key will be made available on the official website as soon as the online exam (CBT) is wrapped up in all exam centers across the country.
Applicable aspirants sitting for SSC JE Paper 1 have to response all the objective type questions in 100 minutes. Questions concerned with General Awareness carries 50 marks, General Intelligence & Reasoning carries 50 marks and the remaining 100 marks for General Engineering section. The number of questions is not specified by the organizing authority.
How to reach SSC JE 2018 Response Key?
- Go to the official website i.e. www.ssc.nic.in.
- Go to the ‘Response Key’ section.
- Select ‘SSC JE 2018 Response Key’ link.
- Enter aspirant’s name and enrollment number and press enter.
- Match your responses and download the response key for all future references.
Paper Analysis (Sectional) for SSC JE 2018
In SSC JE 2018 Paper 1, there are three sections carrying a total of 200 marks. A sectional analysis for Paper 1 is as follows:
General Intelligence & Reasoning –
- This difficulty level of this section is between average & difficult and is designed to test an aspirant’s abilities to deal with arithmetical computations, abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships and other analytical functions.
- Analogy, Odd one out, Blood Relations, Meaningful Order, Space Visualization, Alphabetical Series, Statement Conclusions & Assumptions, Judgement Making, Figure Format, Venn diagram and Operations on Numbers are the topics that were covered.
- Questions from Analogy, Odd one out and Judgement Making cover the major part of the question paper. About 9-10 questions from Analogy, 7-8 questions from odd one out, 5-6 from judgment making and a few questions from arithmetical number series topic.
- A good score could be 21-23 out of 50.
General Awareness –
- General Awareness includes of questions from present affairs and both static and present GK with the maximum number of questions from contemporary general awareness.
- Questions are mostly asked about present affairs including books, sports, and people.
- The difficulty level of this section is between easy to moderate.
- Attempting 25-26 questions from this section could be a good count.
General Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical Engineering) –
The difficulty level of this section is between moderate to difficult. Aspirants have to choose between these three. The sub-topics for each discipline are bulleted below separately: This section is totally technical, so topics they cover are Civil, Mechanical and Electrical engineering.
- Fluid Mechanics & Applications
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Statics
- Fluid Kinematics
- Classification of Steels
- Manufacturing Procedure
- TOM/ DOM
- Basics of Electrical
- Electric Machines
- Circuit Law
- Transmission & Distribution
- AC/ DC Fundamentals
- Star/ Delta Connections
- Basics of Electronics
- RCC & Steel Design
- Building Materials
- Costing & Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Building Materials
- Technical section (Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil) of SSC JE 2018 Examination carries maximum 100 marks.
- Aspirants having a good knowledge of their streams mechanical, electrical or civil can score really well in this section.
SSC JE 2018 – Sectional Analysis (Paper 2)
Aspirants who qualify SSC JE 2018 Paper 1 will be applicable for Paper 2. It carries a total of 300 marks and is organized in pen & paper mode. Paper 2 also consists of 3 parts (Part A, Part B & Part C), out of which, aspirants obligatory to attempt only one part according to the post applied for.
- As it is Descriptive Paper, questions are asked more from theory part.
- Part-C carries General Engineering Mechanical question.
- Part-A is General Engineering in Civil & Structural.
- Part- B consists of questions concerned to General Engineering in Electrical.
- The difficulty level of this paper is moderate.
PART A - Civil & Structural (General Engineering)
- The difficulty level is between easy and moderate.
- Topics like Building Materials, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering and Environmental Engineering are important to cover for the question paper.
- 50-60 can be a good score in this section.
PART B- Electrical (General Engineering)
- Aspirants selecting electrical section out of the three should have command over topics like Basics of Electrical, Electric Machines, AC/ DC Fundamentals, Transmission & Distribution, Star/ Delta Connections and Basics of Electronics
- The difficulty level of the question paper is between easy and moderate.
- A good score for this part can be around 60.
PART C- Fluid Mechanics & Applications (General Engineering)
- The difficulty level of this part is moderate and for those who are thorough with the syllabus of Fluid mechanics and applications, it can be an easy deal.
- Topics like Thermodynamics, Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Statics, Fluid Kinematics, Classification of Steels, SOM/ KOM, Manufacturing Procedure and TOM/ DOM are the base for the questions.
- A score around 60 in this part can be a good score.
Cut Off for SSC JE 2018
- Cut Off is the at least qualifying marks set by the organizing authority that an aspirant must secure to be applicable for next selection rounds.
- Some of the factors that determine SSC JE Cut Off comprise earlier year cutoff, number of test takers, the difficulty level of exam, etc.
- Given below is the expected category-wise cut off marks for Paper 1 & Paper 2. However, SSC will declare the official cut off in the first week of February 2018.
- The cut off for SSC JE 2018 Exam will be declared only after the releasement of the result.
Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
Earlier Year SSC JE 2017 Cutoff :
Share on Whatsapp