SSC JE 2018 January 25 Answer Key, Question Paper and Analysis
Last Updated -
January 30 2018
SSC JE Paper I is scheduled from January 22 to January 29, 2018. SSC JE 2018 was organized successfully in CBT method for the second consecutive day i.e, January 23 across all the stipulated centers.
No major surprises await aspirants this year, i.e, paper 1 would be objective type whereas paper 2 would be the descriptive type of last year. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks. Here is a brief look at some of the important takeaways for SSC JE 2018:
- SSC JE paper 1 is divided into three parts that are General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness and General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or General Engineering (Electrical) or General Engineering (Mechanical).
- SSC JE 2018 result for paper 1 is expected to announce on or before February 12, 2018, and paper 2 results will be out tentatively by April 5, 2018.
- General Knowledge in paper 1 will have questions on Present affairs, peoples, books, and sportspersons.
- Aspirants who manage to obtain the at least cutoff score are only applicable to participate in SSC JE 2018 Selection Process.
- SSC JE paper 2 includes one part with three choices, Part-A would be General Engineering for Civil and Structural or Part- B General Engineering in Electrical or Part-C General Engineering in Mechanical
- Aspirants who have read general knowledge well can make a difference in their total marks as paper 1 holds the maximum weight for the same.
SSC JE is the perfect opportunity for aspirants to join as Group B Non-Gazetted Junior Engineers in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quality and Quantity Assurance in different Central Government departments.
SSC JE 2018 Response Key
As per the notification allowed by Staff Selection Commission, the Response Key of both paper 1 and paper 2 will be made available online on the official website after all the sessions are organized successfully. Aspirants applying for the post of Junior Engineer in Central Government have to response 200 objective type questions in Paper 1 whereas 300 descriptive type questions in paper 2.
SSC JE Response Key would be announced separately for all the various sets of question paper. Aspirants are advised to check the response key pertaining to their question paper set for calculating the number of accurate responses marked and score obtained for them.
How to Reach SSC JE 2018 Response Key?
To download the response keys for SSC JE 2018, aspirants can simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Check your response and download the key for future reference.
- Enter aspirant’s name and enrollment number and hit enter.
- Select your exam and year from the list that will appear.
- Click on the link that says ‘Response Key’ on the top of the webpage.
- Visit the official website i.e. http://ssc.nic.in/.
Paper Analysis for SSC JE 2018
- Many aspirants claim that the questions asked in General Intelligence section are tougher this year.
- Topics like Analogy & Odd one out has covered the most number of questions in general intelligence section of the Paper 1 of SSC JE 2018.
- A general trend has been observed over the past few years that the difficulty level of exam is average.
- The second section of paper 1 that is, General Awareness includes topics like Science, Social Science and miscellaneous as the major part of it.
- Now the last part of the question paper contains 100 question and all questions were from topics that highest weight
SSC JE 2018 Paper 1– Sectional Analysis
SECTION 1: General Intelligence –
- A good score could be 21-23.
- The major part of the question paper was covered by Analogy & Odd one out. There were around 9-10 questions from Analogy and 7-8 questions from odd one out topic.
- Analogy, Meaningful Order, Alphabetical Series, Odd one out, Blood Relations, Miscellaneous, Statement Conclusions & Assumptions, Matrix Figure, Figure Format, Venn Diagram, Operations on Numbers and Mirror Images/ Embedded are crucial topics that were covered
SECTION 2: General Awareness –
- As per the aspirants attempted SSC JE 2018, the questions seemed easy to moderate level of difficulty.
- General Awareness includes questions from both static as well as present GK with the maximum number of questions from contemporary general awareness.
- One who has attempted 25-26 questions could be a good count.
- Nearly all the areas like Science, History/Geography/Polity, Present Affairs, Static Affairs, Economics, Computer, etc. were covered.
SECTION 3: Technical (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical Engineering) –
As this section is totally technical, so topic they covered is Mechanical, Civil and Electrical engineering. The sub-topics that were covered in the question under are bulleted below separately: Aspirants have to attempt any one of these.
- TOM/ DOM
- Manufacturing Procedure
- Fluid Mechanics & Applications
- SOM/ KOM
- Basics of Electronics
- AC/ DC Fundamentals
- Electric Machines
- Basics of Electrical
- Star/ Delta Connections
- RCC & Steel Design
- Building Materials
- Strength of Materials
- A total of 70 questions were asked were asked in the technical section (Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil) of SSC Junior Engineer 2018 Examination. Aspirants can score up to 100 marks for marking accurate in this section.
- Aspirants who have a good knowledge of their streams be it mechanical, electrical or civil have established this section quite scoring.
- Moreover, the difficulty level of technical section overall is calculated to be moderate.
SSC JE 2018 Expected Cut off
The cut off for SSC JE 2018 exam is declared along with the result only. Cut off is the at least qualifying marks that an aspirant obligatory to secure in order to stand applicable for next selection rounds.
Some of the factors that determine SSC Junior Engineer Cut off comprise earlier year cutoff, the difficulty level of exam, number of test takers, etc. Given below are the expected cut off marks arranged category-wise for SSC JE 2018. However, SSC JE will declare the official cut off on tentatively June 5, 2018 for Paper 1 and July 23, 2018 for paper 2.
SSC JE Paper I 2018 Expected Cutoff:
SSC JE CUT OFF (2014-2017) PAPER 1:
|Civil Engineer||Mechanical Engineer||Electrical Engineer||Civil Engineer||Mechanical Engineer||Electrical Engineer||Civil Engineer||Mechanical Engineer||Electrical Engineer||Civil Engineer||Mechanical Engineer||Electrical Engineer|
|Other Backward Classes||92.50||109.50||109.50||92.50||109.50||109.50||91.25||125.25||125.25||82.00||109.50||109.50|
The final SSC JE 2018 Cutoff for Paper I will be announced along with the declaration of result and list of shortlisted aspirants for Paper 2.
Share on Whatsapp