RRC CR Recruitment 2018 for Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Vacancy
Last Updated -
February 27 2018
The Central Railway (CR) is amongst the 17 zones of Indian Railway. CR is headquartered at Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai. It contains the Vasai Road, Dadar, Mahim, and Jalgaon railway divisions. There is no application fee for this RRC Appointment.
- The aspirants should be fit in the C-One (C-I) medical tests.
- CR provides 150 openings for the Junior Clerk-cum-Typist posts via General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE). Fill RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Application Form
- Aspirants should have passed 10+2 in any stream or equivalent with 50% marks and must have the typing speed of 30 w.p.m. in English/25 w.p.m. in Hindi on Computer. Check RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Eligibility
- Jr. Clerk-cum-Typist (150) in Level-2 INR 19,900-63,200 in 7th CPC (erstwhile 6th CPC Grade Pay INR 1900).
- Selection of aspirants will be made on the basis of Written test, Typing test, Document Verification and Medical Examination. Check RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Selection Procedure
Click here to View/Download Official Notification for Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist
|Category||Number of Posts|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||23|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||36|
RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants who do not meet the above two criteria must meet the educational qualification mentioned below.
- CR regular employees who have been granted MACP in Level 2 and above, but working in substantive Level 1 are also applicable for this post.
- Every applicable aspirant must submit only one application against this opening. Employees who will submit more than one application will be disqualified.
- RPF/RPSF personnel cannot apply in accordance with Railway Board’s Letter No. E(NG)I/2002/PM2/9 dated 11/08/2003 (RBE No. 139/2003).
- Indian Railways CR regular employees serving at level 1 can apply.
- Aspirants must have passed class 12th (10+2 stage) or its equivalent examination from a recognised college or university, with at least 50% marks in the aggregate along with at least typing speed of 30 words per minute in English or 25 words per minute in Hindi.
- The criteria of at least 50% marks will not be applied to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen aspirants.
- The typing speed test can be organized anytime post the result declaration of written test and only those aspirants who will pass this test successfully will be considered for next stages.
- Aspirants awaiting results of the 12th examination required not apply.
Upper Age Limit
- SC/ST: 47 years
- General Category: 42 years
- OBC: 45 years
RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Recruitment 2018 Application Procedure
Following are the steps to apply for the above-mentioned posts:
- Visit the official website of Central Railways at www.rrccr.com.
- Read the detailed instructions available for filling up the application form.
- Click the ‘Online Application for Jr. Clerk-cum-Typist Under GDCE Quota’ link.
- Click the ‘Click here to proceed with online application’ option.
- Click the ‘Click here to register’ button. The application form will be opened.
- Fill all the relevant fields cautiously and click ‘Submit’.
- Take a printout of the acknowledgment page containing the registration Id for future reference.
For further detailed instructions for filling up online application – Click Here to View Instructions for filling Online Application
Aspirants do not require to send the application printout or mark certificates to RRC by post. Any deviation or wrong information establish in the details filled in the online application with the original documents produced may result in disqualification of the aspirant. The information offered by the aspirant during online application will be treated as true and will be subject to verification at a later stage.
RRC Jr. Clerk-Cum-Typist Selection Procedure
The procedure will include a Computer Based Test (CBT) followed by Typing test, Document Verification, and Medical Examination.
Share on Whatsapp
- The question paper will have 100 questions, each carrying one mark and the period of the examination will be 90 Minutes.
- The questions are likely to comprise pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence, and Reasoning.
- The selection will be made strictly as per merit in the CBT followed by the Typing test.
- CBT will have multiple choice type questions.
- There will be negative marking in CBT and 1/3 of the allotted mark will be deducted for every wrong response.
- Sample mock test will be uploaded to RRC’s website www.rrccr.com well before the CBT so that the aspirants become familiar with the CBT process.
- On qualifying CBT, aspirants will be applicable for next stage of selection i.e. Typing Test as per their merit.
- Shortlisted aspirants will be called for verification of their original documents.
- The questions under CBT will be in 5 languages i.e. Marathi, Hindi, Kannada Urdu, and English.
- Probable date of CBT is March/April 2018.