Results of KVPY 2018
Last Updated -
February 15 2018
Results of KVPY 2018KVPY 2018 Results
will be declared in the first week of December 2018
. The result can be checked using registration number or date of birth and password. It will be declared at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in and aspirants can download their scorecards after the declaration.
- The selection of the aspirants will be based on the aptitude test & interview managed by the IISc.
- This examination provides scholarship up to pre-Ph.D level to the selected aspirants.
- KVPY 2018 is a national level entrance examination and is organizeed by Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
KVPY 2018 Merit List will be announced after the releasement of the results. Only qualified aspirants will be called in for KVPY 2018 counseling.
Result Dates of KVPY 2018
The KVPY 2018 Results will be declared on the official website from January 2019. The important dates regarding declaration of results, announce of response keys etc., of KVPY 2018 are given below. These dates given below are tentative since fix dates have not been released on the official site yet.
|Name of the Examination Events||Dates |
|Date of commencement of the examination||November 2018|
|Announce of the response key||December 2018|
|Releasement of the result||January 2019|
|Date of interview||January 2019|
How to Check KVPY Result 2018?
The result of KVPY 2018 will be released through online method via the website which will be disclosing in the December 2018. Aspirants can obtain their result from the website using roll number/registration number and date of birth.
Steps to check KVPY 2018 Result are given below: -
- Download the KVPY 2018 Score Card as a .pdf file.
- Check your result of the KVPY 2018.
- The link may have a variable name, such as Download KVPY 2018 Score Card.
- The aspirants need to visit the official website of KVPY 2018
- Click on the SUBMIT button after entering the details.
- Click on the link KVPY 2018 Results.
- Login by providing your KVPY registration id and date of birth or email id and password.
- The resulting sheet will be downloaded.
Details on KVPY Score Card 2018
KVPY 2018 Score Card consists of important information regarding the aspirants who are going to appear for the entrance examination. Scorecards for KVPY 2018 will be valid for a duration of one year from the declaration of results.
The expected date for the announcement for the scorecard will be 3rd March 2018. The information which will be shown on the scorecard is as follows:
- Aspirant’s postal address and contact details
- Qualifying status
- Aspirant’s photograph with his digital signature
- KVPY application number
- Aspirant’s name
- Merit rank
- Registration number of the aspirant
Normalisation of KVPY Scores 2018
Normalisation is a procedure for ensuring that students are neither advantaged nor disadvantaged by the difficulty of exams that they do for the Boards. When an exam is organizeed in multiple slots, then we know there can be variations in the difficulty level of the exams.
To adjust this variation in difficulty level at various slots, normalization is done. To resolve this issue, scores are normalized. Organizing exams in various slots mean, there will be a variation in the difficulty level of the exams.
Under normalization, aspirants have two types of marks.
- Raw marks: These are the actual marks obtained by the aspirant.
- Normalised marks: These are the modified marks provideed to an aspirant considering the relative difficulty of his slot compared to the difficulty of other slots of his branch.
If it is calculated that the slot of an aspirant is relatively easy when compared to the other slot of his branch then his normalized marks will be less than his actual marks. But if it is calculated that the slot of the aspirant is relatively difficult than another slot of his branch then his normalized marks will be more than his actual marks.
One of the factors used in the calculating the normalization by its formula is percentile score. A percentile score of an aspirant in a board or KVPY will tell us what percentage of aspirants have scored below that aspirant in that Board or KVPY.
A Percentile score is a value of below which a certain percent of observations falls. For example, the 30th percentile is the value (or score) below which 30 percent of the observations will be established.
The Percentile of an Aspirant will be calculated as:
Response Key of KVPY 2018
The response key of KVPY 2018 will comprise all the responses of the questions asked in the question paper in KVPY 2018. With the help of the KVPY response key 2018, the aspirants can have a check on their responses and then accordingly can examine their marks secured in the online entrance examination.
Aspirants must note that the response keys of the exam will be published on the official site of the KVPY and aspirants should refer the response keys from the official site only.
How to Use KVPY Response Key 2018?
The given steps can be followed by the participants to use the response key of KVPY 2018.
- The total marks calculated will be the approximated or the estimated alleged score of the aspirant in the entrance examination.
- The aspirants will have to compare their recorded responses in the examination with the accurate responses current in KVPY Response Key 2018.
- The marking scheme has to be strictly followed while calculating the scores by the aspirants.
Merit List of KVPY 2018
KVPY 2018 Merit List will be released online right after the releasement of the results. Participants who are not applicable will be disqualified from participating in the counseling session. The entrance examination of KVPY 2018 has to be successfully qualified by the participants to be applicable for counseling and seat allocation. Only those participants who have made it to the merit list will be called in for KVPY 2018 counseling.
- The merit list will be released online on the official site of KVPY.
- Aspirants need to have all the documents which are a need for the admission for verification.
- Merit list will be generated on the basis of marks scored by the aspirant in the KVPY 2018 entrance exam.
- It is necessary for the aspirants to qualify the exam to have their names in the merit list.
- Aspirants who will meet the cutoff criteria will be shown in the merit list and will be applicable for the admission further.
- Shortlisted aspirants who will qualify the aptitude test will be then called for the interview, aspirants who get via with the interview will be having their names in the merit list.
Cut off from KVPY 2018
KVPY 2018 Cutoff will be decided by the examination authority of Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and after reckoning the factors concerned to the cutoffs they will release it.
- Aspirants who are able to secure the cutoff marks will be applicable for admission.
- Aspirants who fail to secure the at least cutoff get rejected.
- The cutoff is set to choose the deserving aspirant out from the big competition for the admission in affiliated colleges of KVPY.
- Cutoff marks for various categories such as general and SC/ST are announced.
- There are some factors which affect the cutoff list, few of them are difficulty level of exam, number of seats, number of aspirants who have given the exam.
- Cutoff will be published online on the official site of KVYP.
- The cutoff will be available according to the various colleges and courses.
- The aspirants will be shortlisted as per the weight age of 75% marks in written test and 25% of marks in Interview for a cutoff of KVPY.
Counseling of KVPY 2018
During the counseling process, the allocation of seats and disciplines will be done. The seats are allotted to the successful aspirants based on their performance in KVPY 2018. After the declaration of the entrance test results in the first week of December 2018, counselling will be done.
The counseling and seat allocation will be done via online procedure. The details of the same will be published and also acknowledged to the aspirants via e-mail.
- To appear in the counseling, qualified aspirants must download the counseling call letter from the official site of KVPY 2018.
- You required checking official website of the institute in which you are applying for admission.
- After seat allocation by the aspirants in their respective colleges according to their marks, participants will have to report to the allotted college to clear the admission procedure.
Selection Process of KVPY 2018
After the selection of aspirants in KVYP 2018 aspirants will be getting a scholarship, the selection process for the same is given below: -
- The interview round will be held in January 2019. Aspirants will be informed about interview dates, time & venue via email or website.
- Shortlisted aspirants will be called for the interview round on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam.
- Aspirants will be called for the selection process on the basis of their performance in the aptitude test. The selection procedure will also comprise an interview round.
- After the result releasement, the KVPY 2018 Selection Process will be started.
- After the successful completion of the aptitude test & individual interview round, the scholarship will be provideed to the selected aspirants.
Share on Whatsapp