PSTCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) Recruitment through GATE 2018
Last Updated -
March 23 2018
PSTCL Appointment via GATE 2018 – PSTCL will recruit aspirants, from the fields of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology, who appeared in GATE 2018 papers, under the positions of On-training Assistant Engineer and Assistant Manager IT.
Number of Vacancies for PSTCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) Recruitment through GATE 2018
PSTCL hires a large number of aspirants every year. Since the past few years, they have been hiring nearly 100 to 200 aspirants every year. The number is only expected to go higher this year!
Read About PSU Appointment via GATE
Job Profile of PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Electrical Engineering||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Civil Engineering||Assistant Engineer (AE)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Assistant Manager (AM)|
|Information Technology||Assistant Manager (AM)|
- Assistant Engineer: this role involves comprehensive field work, planning, infrastructure analysis and development of electricity lines and routes. Aspirants with comprehensive knowledge of the real-world implementation of electricity transmission infrastructure projects will be appropriate
- Assistant Manager: This role involves maintaining real-time information using software and databases via comprehensive research and recording of daily operations and inventory changes.
Salary of PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
|Fixed monthly stipend equal to at least pay band No Dearness Allowance (DA) No Grade Pay (GP) No annual increment Travelling allowance Cover of the pension scheme and employer contribution||Basic Pay: Rs. 16,650-39,100 Grade Pay: Rs. 5800 DA Annual increment Pension scheme and employer contribution|
Read About PSU via GATE 2018
Basic Cutoff for Applying PSTCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) Recruitment through GATE 2018
The aspirants should have obtained a valid score in GATE 2018 i.e. a score greater than or equal to the qualifying marks set by the authorities in the respective ME, EE, ECE, IN, CE, CS papers. The following basic cutoffs could be used as an indicator of the mindset of the appointing company
Since PSTCL is new to GATE appointment, we advise you to try and fall in the below rank ranges in order to secure a guaranteed appointment at PSTCL.
|CATEGORY||ALL INDIA RANK|
Eligibility Criteria of PSTCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) Recruitment through GATE 2018
- The aspirant must have appeared in GATE 2018 paper of his/ her respective discipline (see Eligibility Matrix below)
- Full time regular B.E/ B.Tech/ BSc. Degrees in Engineering with an at least of 60% marks or equivalent degree recognised by AICTE OR
- AMIE with 60% marks from Institution of Engineers (India) Kolkata
- Final year students are also applicable
- Existing Age Limit: 27 to 30 years as on January 1, 2018
- Aspirants must have studied the Punjabi language till Matriculation or its equivalent level.
|POSITION||STREAMS ELIGIBLE||GATE PAPER CODE|
|ASSISTANT ENGINEER (AE)||Electrical/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering||EE|
| ||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
| ||Electronics and Communication Engineering||ECE|
| ||Instrumentation and Control Engineering||IN|
| ||Civil Engineering||CE|
|ASSISTANT MANAGER (AM)||Computer Science/ IT||CS|
Reservation for PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Reservation of seats under various positions is eligible only to Punjab domicile aspirants
Ques. What is domicile?
Ans. Domicile refers to the place where the aspirant’s permanent residence is. All aspirants having permanent residence (according to valid Address proof) as Punjab are treated as Punjab domicile.
- Refer to the image above for information about Reservations in appointment at PSTCL.
- Aspirants must avail their certificates, if belonging to the 6 categories mentioned above, stating their category best before filling the Application form. Discrepancies will not be entertained
NOTE: Category once filled by the aspirant in the Application form cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Read About GATE PSU Cutoff
Application Fee for PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
The application fee has not yet been notified by PSTCL. However, you can be assured that it is usually in the range of Rs. 400 - Rs.1000 for General aspirants and may even be exempted for the Reserved category aspirants
Application Procedure of PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- The aspirants must apply via the online Application that will be hosted on the PSTCL website. No other modes of application are going to be entertained.
- Do not forget to have a valid individual email ID as it is going to be used for all communications during appointment procedure. Constantly visit your email to not miss any update!
- Keep all academic and eligibility certificates handy before starting the online application. Modification to the registered application is not an option.
- Enter all the need fields in the application
- After applying, check your email for a copy of form and challan and the particulars that requireds to be filled in the Challan.
- Take a print out of the Application form and sign it. Similarly, take two printouts of the Challan- Fill in application details and fee to be deposited in the Challan. The aspirant will fill up the details of Application registered and details of fee to be deposited in the challan, and deposit the fee in the bank notified by PSTCL.
- Now, use the Computer transaction number obtained from the bank to Submit the application successfully after uploading photograph and signature.
- DO NOT do multiple registrations otherwise, your application can be cancelled
Adhere to the given instructions for uploading the photograph and signature to the Application
|Clear and recent Size: 20 KB – 50 KB Dimensions: 220X230 pixels Only religious headwear allowed but should not cover face Caps, hats and shades not allowed||On white paper with black ink pen Size: 10 KB-20 KB Dimensions: 140 X 60 Signature must remain same throughout appointment procedure otherwise the application may be cancelled|
PROCEDURE FOR UPLOADING PICTURE AND SIGNATURE
DO NOT FORGET to print the application form after uploading the photograph, signature, and Bank Challan details
Selection Procedure of PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
- GATE 2018 (80% weight): interested and applicable aspirants required to appear in GATE 2018 in papers of their streams/disciplines- Mechanical Engineering paper (ME), Electrical Engineering (EE) paper, Civil Engineer (CE) paper, Computer Science/ IT (CS) paper. Only the aspirants scoring valid score i.e. a score greater than or equal to the qualifying marks fixed by the GATE authorities will be shortlisted for the next round of appointment.
- Individual Interview (10% weight): encompasses questions such as “What is your dream job”, “Why do you seeking to join a PSU like PSTCL”, “Where do you seeking to take your career in the next 5 years”, “What are your strengths and weaknesses”. Aspirants must familiarize themselves with the status of the company, its projects and stand in the industry. Exceptional communication skills and English proficiency will give you an edge over others so working on these parameters will take you a long way in your career at PSTCL.
Most Importantly: Core technical and academic concepts must be very strong as they also reflect your capability to score high marks in GATE paper.
*Aspirants must have deep expertise in MS Office in order to compete with an edge.
You must carry all your necessary documents and certificates for Verification purposes
- Address proof- Passport/ Aadhar card [Extremely important for Punjab domicile aspirants to prove their address status and avail reservations]
- Hall Ticket with Overwriting will lead to cancellation of student registration.
- The aspirant must keep their hall ticket and registration slip before final selection/result.
- Interview call letter (original and photocopy)
- University degree/ Certificate of completion/ Marksheets of all semesters
- GATE 2017 scorecard
- Students must remember to apply via online application procedure; no manual applications will be entertained.
- SC/ST/OBC/PWD aspirants must carry their certificates of caste status/disability proofs at the time of individual interview failing which their candidacy may stand cancelled.
- Enter your accurate GATE registration number while online application procedure.
- Photo ID proof- PAN card/Aadhar card
- 5 Passport sized photographs
- Class XII Marksheet, Pass Certificate
- You should carry two photocopies of each document and create two identical sets with one photocopy in each set.
- Class X Marksheet, Pass Certificate
Any aspirant submitted false/inaccurate information shall be rejected at any stage of selection procedure as PSTCL follows a mechanism to check your documents when you will the application form online.
Result List of PSTCL (Punjab State Power Corporation Limited) Recruitment through GATE 2018
The results of the appointment procedure will be intimated by E-mail once all steps of appointment procedure including background verification and document screening are clear. Constantly check your registered Email for every update!
FAQ of PSTCL Recruitment through GATE 2018
Ques. Does college CGPA matter much? Is it okay to have poor CGPA but a great GATE score?
Ans. GATE rank and score matter the most but having a good CGPA in college reinstates that the aspirant was serious and consistent throughout his/her technical education which also led to him/her scoring a great GATE score. At Least should not be taken as a benchmark! Thus, there is no compensation for poor CGPA. As per the norms, 60% is the at least aggregate expected from the aspirants.
Ques. Does gap after college education affect candidacy for an appointment?
Ans. If you have been working after completion of college and have secured great GATE 2018 score, then the gap in education will not matter much. Your interview may be swayed towards your earlier job experiences which would be a positive for you. But, do not forget that PSTCL tests core technical- practical and theoretical knowledge so prepare well in advance!
Ques. What will happen in case I forget any of my documents at home during the interview?
Ans. In case you forget to carry any of the documents mentioned in the call letter/ hall ticket, you will be required to sign an undertaking mentioning that you will furnish the missed documents by a certain date, failing which your candidacy will stand cancelled.
Ques.. Give a tip to stand out from other aspirants?
Ans. Focus on your core concepts and knowledge. Apart from that, learn MS Office, especially MS Excel to stand out from other aspirants and contribute to administrative work in the company as well.
Share on Whatsapp