NSPCL (NTPC Sail Power Company Limited) Recruitment Through GATE 2018
Last Updated -
March 23 2018
NSPCL (NTPC Sail Power Company Limited) is a leading joint venture corporation of two Maharatnas namely- SAIL and NTPC Limited. At current NSPCL has 4 Power Plants at 3 locations viz. Durgapur, Bhilai and Rourkela. Every year, NSPCL appoint participants on the basis of GATE Score.
- The application form for NTPC appointment via GATE will be available from January 10 to 31, 2018.
- Participants have to score equal or more than GATE PSU Cut off marks to be applicable to the post.
- The selection for PSU Appointment via GATE is done on the basis of GATE score and individual interview.
Number of Vacancies for NSPCL Appointment 2018
NSPCL invited application from energetic, young and applicable participants with a brilliant academic record to join NSPCL as:
Category-wise projected vacancies in each branch are as under:
|DISCIPLINE||VACANCIES||TYPE OF DISABILITIES|
| ||UR||OBC||SC||ST||TOTAL|| |
* Vacancy out of all the above-given categories and branchs is reserved for Persons With Disabilities (PWD).
Legend: OL (One Leg), OA (One Arm), HH (Hearing Handicapped). However, the total number of projected vacancies indicated above may increase/decrease at the discretion of the management of NSPCL.
Selected aspirants will be placed in the pay scale of INR 20,600-3%-46,500 at the basic pay of INR 20,600/- during 1 year training period. After the training gets over, these aspirants will be absorbed as Engineers in the pay scale of INR 20,600-3%-46,500 at the basic pay of INR 21,220.
Selected aspirants will undergo 1-year training at varied places. The final place of posting will be decided, once the training is finished, based on the performance of the aspirant during the training and requirement. Aspirants can be posted, across the country, in any of the functions at Units/Offices of NSPCL.
Application Procedure of NSPCL Appointment 2018
The registration is done in online mode. Participants need to submit the application form on the official website of NSPCL i.e. www.nspcl.co.in. The registration window closes on January 31, 2018. Applications received after the due date will not be accepted.
- Aspirants belonging to the General/ OBC/ XSM category need to pay a non-refundable registration fee of INR 150.
- While making the payment, the system will again ask for details regarding Name, Mobile Number and Registration Number etc., which were generated at the time of online application procedure.
- However, aspirants belonging to the SC/ST/PWD categories are exempted from the application fee.
- Once the General, OBC and XSM aspirants submit their data online, the system will generate a unique registration number and a link for payment of application fee. Aspirants have to click on that link and make the payment of application fee.
Application Fee for NSPCL Appointment
A link will be offered on the website for payment, which would direct the aspirants to www.onlinesbi, after completion of the registration procedure. The aspirants would then have to follow the instructions as given on the SBI link for completion of the payment. The payment can be made via the following modes:
- Bank Challan
- Debit Card
- Internet Banking
After making the payment, a Payment Slip will be generated on-screen, and aspirants would have to take the print of that payment slip or save it.
After completion of the payment, it is compulsory for the aspirants to submit the details of the SB Collect Reference Number (10 digits alphanumeric reference number starting with DU) that is printed on e-receipt and the deposit dates again on the online portal by login via Unique Registration Number, after making the payment.
If the aspirants fail to submit these details within the due date after making the payment, their application shall stand incomplete and will outrightly be rejected.
In case there is difficulty in remitting the registration fees via Mode 1, the aspirants can make payment via NEFT as per the guidelines are given below:
|Name of the bank||State Bank of India|
|Beneficiary Name|| NTPC-SAIL Power Company Pvt. Ltd|
|Discipline Name||Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi – 66|
- Fees once paid, will not be refunded under any circumstances. Aspirants are hence, requested to verify their eligibility and other details as laid down, before paying the application fee.
- After making the payment, aspirants have to enter the UTR/NEFT No. /Reference Number in the application and clear the application. Only after providing all these details, the system will accept the application and allow aspirants to take a print out of the same.
- Also, the name should be filled up as appearing in GATE Hall Ticket. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the aspirant will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully.
- Please do ensure that the GATE registration number, that is mentioned on your GATE Score Card/ hall ticket, is filled up correctly.
- Bank commission charges will have to be borne by the aspirants themselves. In case an aspirant deposits the fee in a wrong account, NSPCL will not be responsible.
- Aspirants, who wish to make the payment later on, should click on the link “Acknowledgement” given on the main page (for registered aspirants only).
- Read the instructions cautiously and fill in the online application form, giving correct information including the GATE registration number and payment details.
- Aspirants who opt for NEFT payment, need to Logout and make the payment as per the details are given above via NEFT.
- It is necessary to submit the details of the UTR/NEFT No./Reference Number after making the payment. If the aspirants fail to offer these details within the due date after making the payment, their applications shall stand incomplete and rejected.
Eligibility Criteria for NSPCL Appointment 2018
Participants who wish to apply for NSPCL Appointment Via GATE 2018 have to fulfil the clear eligibility criteria prescribed by the official authority of NSPCL.
Full-time Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology/AMIE with minimum 65% marks, taking an average of all the years. Only an aspirant with the prescribed degree identified for the branch as given below can apply for the post of EETs in the respective branches:
|DISCIPLINE||PRESCRIBED FULL-TIME DEGREES IN ENGINEERING|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical/Electrical & Electronics/ Electrical, Instrumentation and Control/ Power Systems and High Voltage/ Power Electronics/ Power Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical/Production/Industrial Engineering/ Production & Industrial Engineering/Thermal/ Mechanical & Automation/ Power Engineering|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control|
|Electronics Engineering||Electronics/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Power/ Power Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical & Electronics|
Aspirants who have appeared in the following GATE 2018 papers will be applicable:
| ||Corresponding GATE 2017 Paper||Corresponding GATE Paper Code|
|Electrical Engg. (including Electrical & Electronics, Power Engg, Power Systems & High Voltage, Power Electronics and Electrical, Instrumentation and Control)||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|Mechanical Engg. (including Mechanical & Automation, Power Engg, Production Engg, Thermal Engg, Industrial Engg, Production & Industrial Engg)||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Instrumentation Engg. (including Electronics & Instrumentation Engg, Instrumentation & Control Engg)||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Electronics Engg. (including Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Electronics & Power Power Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics)||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
Upper age limit is 27 years as on the last date of online application in NSPCL (i.e. January 31, 2018).
Reservations & Relaxations for NSPCL Appointment 2018
Reservations and Relaxations for SC/ST/OBC/XSM/PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) aspirants will be offered as per the Government Guidelines. Relaxations can be extended in vacancies identified for SC/ST/OBC.
- OBC aspirants who belong to the “Creamy Layer” are not entitled to exemption admissible to OBC category and such aspirants have to indicate their category as General. OBC (non-creamy layer) aspirants required to submit the need certificates in the prescribed pattern of Government of India, from a competent authority alloted in the present year itself.
- No Registration Fee will be charged from SC/ST/PWD aspirants during Online Registration in NSPCL.
- SC, ST and PWD aspirants with at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination are applicable to apply for the post.
- Also, OBC (NCL) aspirants will have to give a self-undertaking indicating that they belong to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category at the time of individual interview if called for.
- Reserved category aspirants need to submit the need certificates in the prescribed pattern of Government of India, alloted by the competent authority, at the time of interview.
- Upper age is relaxed by 5 years for the aspirants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir from January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989. In addition, the age relaxation for ex-servicemen will be as per the Government of India norms.
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) once filled in the online application form will not be changed in any case and no benefit of other categories will be admissible later on.
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category aspirants. It is relaxed by 10 years for PWD-General, 13 years for PWD-OBC and 15 years for PWD-SC/ST aspirants.
Medical and Health for NSPCL Appointment 2018
The aspirant should have sound health. Before joining the organisation, aspirants will have to undergo a medical examination by the designated Medical Board and the judgment of the Board will be final and binding. No relaxation regarding health standards is allowed. Detailed medical norms are available on the website www.nspcl.co.in
General Information & Instructions for NSPCL Appointment 2018
- For queries, aspirants may visit the FAQs section on the website.
- Aspirants employed by the Government Departments / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies have to produce NOC at the time of interview compulsory, without which they would not be allowed to appear for the same.
- Only Indian Nationals are applicable to apply.
- Candidature of a registered aspirant is liable to be rejected at any stage of appointment procedure or after appointment or joining if any information offered by the aspirant is false or is not establish to be in conformity with that of the eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
- All qualifications must be from an Indian university/ institute recognised by AICTE/suitable statutory authority.
- NSPCL reserves the right to cancel/ restrict/enlarge/ modify/alter the appointment procedure, if required arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Aspirant required to ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned on the website www.nspcl.co.in.
- No manual/paper application will be entertained.
- The e-mail id entered in the online application form must remain valid for minimum next 1 year. No change in the e-mail id will be entertained, once entered. All further correspondence would be sent through E-Mail only.
- Aspirants, if shortlisted for Individual Interview, need to bring their original GATE Score Card as received from the IIT, at the time of interview.
Share on Whatsapp