NDA (National Defence Academy) 2018: Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
Last Updated -
January 22 2018
UPSC has announced notification for NDA(1) 2018 which is scheduled for April 22, 2018. The application form for NDA 2018 can be filled from January 15, 2018 to February 5, 2018 (6 PM).
NDA (1) Application Form 2018 will require aspirants to attach a scanned image of their recent passport size photograph and signature along with the other details. The signature and photograph should be uploaded as per the guidelines defined by UPSC.
Photo size: 3 kb to 40 kb
Signature size: 1 kb to 40 kb
Aspirants will not be allowed to make any corrections in their forms for NDA 2018 once submitted
NDA 2018 Photo Specifications
Interested participants must ensure to take care of photo details, photo size, etc. while uploading their photograph during Part-II Registration for NDA (I) 2018.
Here is the list of important pointers:
- If the picture is taken using a flash make sure that there's no “red-eye".
- The photograph must be a recently clicked passport size color or b/w pictures.
- The picture should have been clicked against a light-colored, preferably white background.
- The image of the photograph must be in the .jpg pattern.
- The size of the photograph must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb.
- Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Hats, caps and dark glasses are not acceptable, only religious headwear is allowed, but it must not cover your face.
- Aspirants who wear glasses have to ensure that there are no reflections and their eyes can be completely seen.
- 140 pixels height x 110 pixels width is needed for the photograph.
|NDA 2018 Photo Specifications|
|File Size||3kB to 40 kB|
NDA 2018 Signature Specifications
Along with the photograph, participants must attach scanned images of their signature. Here are the essential specifications concerned with the signature image as specified by UPSC:
- Image of signature must be the .jpg pattern.
- Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- The pixel size of the signature should be 110 pixels height x 140 pixels width.
- Signature has to be done on a white paper with Black Ink pen.
- The file size of the signature must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb.
- It must be signed only by the participant and not by any other person.
|NDA 2018 Signature Specifications|
|File Size||1kB to 40 kB|
Do’s and Don’ts for NDA 2018 Photograph and Signature
There are a few things that a candidate must keep in mind while appearing for NDA 2018.
- Aspirants must bring additional copies of the submitted passport size photographs, completely depicting the image with proper colors.
- Writing full name in capital letters in the given box will NOT be accepted as the signature. Doing so can also lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- Spectacles are allowed only if being regularly used.
- The participant’s signature on the attendance sheet at the time of examination and on NDA Hall Ticket 2018 should match the uploaded signature. In case of a mismatch, they will be disqualified.
- Polaroid photos are liable to be rejected.
- During the examination, the participant should sign in presence of examiner, in the attendance sheet.
Scanning the Photograph & Signature for NDA 2018
While scanning the need photograph and signatures, aspirants must keep in mind the following points.
- Set the resolution of the scanner to an at least of 200 dpi (dots per inch) and also set Color to True Color.
- The image should be cropped to the edge of the signature/photograph in the scanner, then use an editor to crop the image to the final size.
- The image file for both signature and photograph should be in JPEG pattern.
- If the file size, dimensions, and pattern are not as prescribed, a mistake message will be displayed.
- File Size should be as specified above.
Process for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
After selection of the examination center for NDA 2018(I) examination, aspirants will be directed to the page where they have to upload their Photograph and Signature.
- Select the 'Upload' option, and press enter.
- Select the respective file by clicking on it.
- If satisfied with the uploaded image then, click on “Confirm Upload” button, otherwise click the “Reload Photograph/Reload Signature” button.
- Two separate links will be there for uploading Photograph and Signature.
- The image preview will be generated after uploading. Here, aspirants can re-check his/her uploaded images.
- Click on Browse and select the location where the Scanned Photo/Signature file has been saved.
- Click on the link "Upload Photograph/Signature”.
NOTE: In case Photograph/signature is not as per specifications, the system will generate the mistake message.
Guidelines to attach photograph in NDA Application Form 2018
During NDA Registration Procedure, aspirants tend to make mistakes while choosing the photograph. They often upload images which are not in accordance with the specified instructions and hence, such images get disqualified. Here are some of the common errors that aspirants can commit:
- Avoid wearing muffler/scarf as it may cover your face.
- The photograph should be clicked by a professional camera. Avoid using mobile phone’s camera to click a picture as the image of the face gets distorted.
- In the photograph, the face must be covering more than 75% of the total area.
- Wearing spectacles in the photo is acceptable for aspirants having eyesight problems, but avoid wearing tinted glasses or sunglasses in the photo.
- The photograph’s background should be white.
NOTE: The images once uploaded and submitted cannot be changed under any circumstances. Participants are not allowed to edit the photograph by uploading a suitable photo in the application form and submit the form again. Therefore, participants should make sure that they are uploading images as per the guidelines to avoid rejection.
Share on Whatsapp