M.Tech Admission Through COAP GATE 2018
Last Updated -
March 22 2018
Common Provide Acceptance Portal, famously known as COAP, offers a common platform for the aspirants to seek admission into M.Tech. programs in the IITs on the basis of scores secured in GATE. To reach and make a judgment on the most preferred choice (out of all the M.Tech specializations) each candidate should register at the COAP official website.
- Each applicant will also have to register at the institute’s official website in addition to COAP.
- The following information will be asked while registering at COAP:
- GATE registration number
- GATE score
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Aspirants will be selected on the basis of provides available based on their GATE Scores and their acceptance of seats.
- Hence, the aspirants must practice abundant caution in selecting "Accept and Freeze".
- Without registering at COAP, the aspirants will not be able to reach the provides on COAP.
- After registration, an aspirant will be able to reach information on provides made from the participating institutes.
- COAP provides will take place in 5 rounds, which will depend on the availability of seats and preferred choices of the applicants.
- Those who will accept the seats in any of the COAP rounds in any of the participating institutions, will not be considered in any of the subsequent rounds of COAP-2018.
- Aspirants can also choose “Reject and wait” option and can wait for the further round of provides.
Note: Please note that it is just a common interface between the applicants and IITs. It is not an admission portal. One just has to check the provides received and decide further on whether to choose it or not.
Highlights Table COAP 2018
|COAP Participating Institutes||IITs|
|COAP procedure will take place in||Online mode|
|Fee submission procedure||INR 20,000 via online modes (pay full fee by visiting the respective institutes)|
|COAP Registration will commence from||May 16, 2018 (tentative)|
|Selection procedure||On the basis of GATE scores (2016, 2017, 2018)|
|Total provide rounds||5|
What are the Main Objectives of COAP?
Following are the main objectives of COAP:
- To be able to provide admission to aspirants who get deprived of seats (in Institutions) or jobs (in PSUs) due to multiple providers held by some aspirants until last minute, resulting in vacancies.
- To mitigate/ eliminate the scenarios that arise due to 'multiple provides' (made by Institutions and/ or PSUs) that cause vacant posts in PSUs or vacant seats in graduate programs of IISc and IITs.
- To offer a common platform for the aspirants to make the most preferred choice (job in PSU or Graduate study).
Important Dates for COAP 2018
Important dates regarding COAP registration and round provides are mentioned below:
|Event||Important Date (tentative)|
|Registration by aspirants at COAP||May 16, 2018|
|Round 1||May 29, 2018- June 1, 2018|
|Round 2||June 10, 2018- June 13, 2018|
|Round 3||June 24, 2018- June 27, 2018|
|Round 4||July 8, 2018- July 11, 2018|
|Round 5||July 19, 2018- July 20, 2018|
How COAP Works?
Following flowchart describes the admission procedure via COAP:
There are 2 cases of COAP Selection:
Case 1: Accept and Freeze the offered option in the first go.
- Visit the institute’s official website.
- Complete the admission process before the due date.
- Submit the most preferred option.
Case 2: Reject and Wait
- Choose the reject option and submit it
- Wait for the other round of provides.
- Visit COAP for the next round of provides.
- Follow Case 1 procedure for accepting the provides in the other rounds.
Eligibility Criteria for COAP 2018
Eligibility criteria for admission in any of the IITs are via 2 procedures- one is COAP and others can straight apply to the respective institutes. Both the cases are examined below:
Case I: Aspirants graduating/graduated from IITs having a valid GATE score (2018 and/or 2017 and/or 2016) and intend to apply for the admission in the participating Institutes can apply via COAP.
Case II: Aspirants graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. They should not register at COAP. Admission. Degree and having CGPA (cumulative grade point average) of 7.5 and above for SC/ ST and 8.0 and above for others can straight apply to the respective institutes for M.Tech.
For both Cases I and II, the aspirant should apply separately to the respective Institutes.
How to Register at COAP?
All qualified GATE aspirants should register at COAP for making a judgment against their provides. The registration form will be available from May 1, 2018 (tentative). Aspirants can fill and submit the registration form by clicking on the "Register Now" button. After submitting the registration form, no changes will be entertained.
- The message of the successful registration will be conveyed via SMS and emails.
- Only the aspirants who qualified in GATE 2018 or GATE 2017 or GATE 2016 are applicable to register at COAP.
- After successful completion of registration at COAP, an aspirant will be able to reach information on provides made from the participating academic Institutes.
- Following information concerning the aspirant will be needed while registering at COAP:
ii) GATE Registration number(s)
iii) GATE score(s)
iv) Date of birth
v) Email ID
vi) Mobile number
- The provision will be uploaded at COAP and will be tagged with COAP registration number (same as GATE registration number without subject code).
- The email will contain website URL for logging-in along with the log-in ID and the SMS will contain password details.
Share on Whatsapp