MHT CET 2018 Photo & Signature Size, Format and Other Details
Last Updated -
February 27 2018
MHT CET 2018 Registration has begun from January 18. While filling in MHT CET Application Form, aspirants need to scan and upload the images of photograph and signature. The application forms are available online at mhtcet2018.dtemaharashtra.gov.in until March 25, 2018 (without late fees). The images must be in the need pattern else the application form may be rejected.
The last date to submit the application form with late fee of INR 500 is March 31, 2018. Once the application form is submitted, no detail can be corrected.
MHT CET 2018 Photo Size and Specifications
The photograph that required to be uploaded for MHT CET 2018 should be of passport size. Following specifications should be taken care of while clicking the picture:
- If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
- Photographs wearing Caps, Hats, and Dark Glasses are not acceptable.
- Look directly at the camera with a relaxed face.
- Make sure that you are not squinting your eyes in the harsh sunlight. Keep the background well balanced and equally lighted.
- Photograph must be recent, passport size, and color picture
- Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Your face should be completely visible.
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be completely seen.
- The background of the image should be preferably white or against any light-colored background.
Photo Size: 15 KB to 50 KB
Photograph Background: White/light background
Photograph Pattern: .JPEG.
MHT CET 2018 Signature Size and Specifications
Along with the standard photograph, the scanned image of the signature is the need. Here are the following points to be taken care of:
- In case of any mismatch, it will result in the cancelation of candidature.
- Signature in MHT CET Admit Card and Attendance Sheet should match with the uploaded signature.
- For signature, students have to sign on white paper with the black ink pen.
- The signature must be signed by the participant only.
Signature Image Size: 5KB to 50KB
File Pattern: JPG
Signature Background: White background with the black pen.
Scan resolution: 200 dpi.
MHT CET 2018 How to Resize the Images?
To reduce the size, crop the image of the signature in MS Paint or any other tool for photo editing. Please ensure that only the signature portion is cropped and not the entire sheet of paper on which you have signed.
Once the images are uploaded successfully, the system will generate a Confirmation Page on the screen with pre-printed images of Photograph and Signature.
How to ensure that the Photograph and Signature are within 50 KB per file?
- Open the digital image in MS Paint.
- Press Ctrl + W, a window will open which will have an option 'resize by %'. Enter the digits between 10 to 50% and save the file with an extension .jpeg.
- Check for the size of the file in 'Properties'. If the file size is still higher than 50 KB, then repeat the procedure.
- Repeat this procedure till the file size is less than 50 KB.
- Save the final file as photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg
The other methods of resizing the images are as follows:
Resize Photo using Windows Photo Library
- Now students can check the image dimension by clicking on the properties option
- Further, click Custom option from the list
- Click on Resize and set Pre-set option
- Open the photo in Windows Photo Library
- Enter the dimensions
- From Properties menu click on Edit button
- Click Resize and Save button
Resize Photo Using Photoshop
- Click on the Image drop-down menu and select Image Size
- Uncheck the box Constraint Properties
- Open the image to be resized
- Click on Ok button
- Type the dimension in Width and Height box
NOTE: If the scanned image does not meet the requirement, it can be changed during form submission or before form submission. If failed to do so, there is an edit option offered to change the images uploaded. If any changes are to be done, aspirants will simply have to click “Back” and select “Edit”. Aspirants will be given a chance to verify their details after they offer it during MHT CET 2018 Registration.
Share on Whatsapp