MAH MCA CET (Maharashtra MCA Common Entrance Test) Exam Pattern 2018
Last Updated -
March 06 2018
MAH MCA CET 2018 is a computer-based test which is on March 24, 2018. Aspirants who seeking to appear for the exam should go through MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Format and Syllabus cautiously.
- Computer Concepts (CC) and General Aptitude (GA) are the two papers in MAH MCA 2018.
- It includes 2 online papers of 100 marks each. Each paper will have 25 questions.
- CC paper tests the computer-based basic knowledge and basics of operating systems.
- The paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) containing 4 choices.
- 4 marks will be honoured for every accurate answer and 1 mark will be deducted for inaccurate ones.
- The paper will be of 90 minutes in English medium only.
- GA paper tests the general aptitude of aspirants to pursue computer applications and software profession.
MAH MCA CET 2018 is organizeed for admission to MCA courses in the state of Maharashtra. Candidates should know about the important chapters and instructions to be followed while taking an online test which has been given in this article.
Highlights of MAH MCA CET Exam Format 2018
|Highlight of Exam Format|
|Exam Name||MAH MCA CET|
|Method of Exam||Online only|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||50 (25 in each paper)|
|Period of Exam||90 minutes|
|Number of Papers||2 (General Aptitude, Computer Concepts)|
|Marks honored for each accurate response||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark for every inaccurate answer|
MAH MCA CET Exam Format 2018 in Detail
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Format is vividly explained below:
- Medium: The paper will be organizeed in English only.
- Mode: MAH MCA CET 2018 will only be held in the online method which will be a Computer Based Test. Candidates need to mark responses on the computer screen. Aspirants should note that option to give an offline test is not available.
- Types of Questions: Questions in the test will be Objective Type Multiple Choice questions. For every question, four options will be given out of which only one option will be correct.
- Exam Duration: Time allotted for the test is 90 minutes.
- Sections: MAH MCA CET 2018 will be organizeed in two sections of 100 marks each with 25 questions in each section. The two sections in the test are General Aptitude and Computer Concepts. The following table offers information section-wise distribution of marks:
|Number of Sections||2|
|Name of Sections||General Aptitude and Computer Concepts|
|Questions in each section||25|
|Marks allotted for each section||100|
MAH MCA CET 2018 includes two sections with each of 100 marks. Thus, total marks are calculated out of 200. Aspirants will be honoured 4 marks for every accurate response. One mark will be deducted for every inaccurate response whereas aspirants will not be marked for a non-attempted question. The negative marking system is eligible for the examination.
|Marks honoured for each accurate response||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||One Mark for every inaccurate response|
|Non-attempted Questions||Not assessed|
Syllabus of MAH MCA CET 2018
General Aptitude paper of MAH MCA CET 2018 assesses the general aptitude of an aspirant who is to pursue computer applications and software profession. The detailed syllabus for Aptitude Section is mentioned below:
- Logical reasoning
- Verbal Ability
- English comprehension
- High School Mathematics
- Quantitative reasoning
Topics such as computer architecture and operating system basics are to be given special importance other than the topics given below:
- Computer Language
- Data Representation
- Computer Architecture
- Operating System basics
- Binary Arithmetic
- Computer Basics
Advisable Books for MAH MCA CET 2018
The following books can be followed by aspirants to prepare for MAH MCA 2018:
|Name of Book||Author||ISBN No.|
|MCA CET Maharashtra||Team of Experts||-|
|MCA Entrance Examination||J V Subrahmanyam||8172541589|
|An Extensive guide for MCA||R S Aggarwal||8121914817|
|A Clear study package for MCA Entrances||Amit M Aggarwal||9385980386|
|11 Years Solved Papers MCA Entrances||Amit M Aggarwal||9352037346|
|The perfect study resource for MCA||Experts Compilation||9352039785|
Important Instructions of MAH MCA CET Exam Pattern 2018
It is important to keep certain instructions in mind while appearing for an online test. Aspirants can follow the following instructions in the online MAH MCA CET 2018:
- After entering Username and Password click on “Sign In” button.
- On the computer allotted to the aspirant, aspirant’s details (Name, photograph etc.) will be displayed on the screen.
- At the scheduled time (generally 10 minutes before the exam), aspirants need to enter Username and Password as instructed in Hall Ticket.
- Read instructions cautiously as they offer the entire exam concerned information including a number of questions and marking scheme.
- Timer count starts when aspirants click the button “I am willing to begin”.
- Click on “I am willing to begin” button. The test will start at scheduled time only.
Test Taking Procedure
- Question number in the Question Palette at the right of the screen can be clicked to go to that numbered question straight.
- To save your response, it is compulsory to click on the Save & Next button, otherwise, the response will not be saved.
- Submit button will not be available until the completion of the exam time. Aspirants do not need to click the submit button as the system will automatically submit the test after Exam Closure time.
- To change the already chosen response, click the circle button of another option. In order to cancel the response, click on Complete answer button.
- Please confirm by clicking ‘Yes’ button.
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button. In case, a question is responses and marked for Review that response will be considered in the evaluation.
- Thereafter, exam summary will be displayed on the screen with Subject Name, Number of questions response, not Responses, marked for review, and not visited.
- You have to select any response out of the given four options, by clicking on the circle button in front of the option.
- Aspirants can refer to the timer to get an idea of the time left in the completion of the test.
- The countdown timer will start ticking after you click the button “I am willing to begin”.
Share on Whatsapp