MAH CET Exam Pattern 2018
Last Updated -
February 26 2018
MAH CET 2018 Exam Format – MAH CET is an online method examination with 200 objective type question. Via MAH CET exam format, an aspirant will get the idea of the format of questions, marking scheme, duration, and syllabus.
There are 4 sections namely Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. Here we offer you all the detailed information regarding MAH CET 2018 Exam Format.
Here are some quick facts about MAH CET 2018 Exam Format:
- The period of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There is no negative marking.
- MAH CET exam is a MCQ (Multiple-Choice Questions) test.
- There will be a total of 200 objective type questions.
- MAH CET Syllabus will have questions from Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
- 1 marks will be honoured for each accurate response.
- MAH CET is an online method test.
The distribution of questions in MAH CET 2018 is given below:
|Topic||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Marks per Question||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability / Reading Comprehension||50||50||1|
Exam Dates for MAH CET 2018
The schedule proposed for MAH CET 2018 is such that the exam is scheduled on March, 10 & 11 2018. MAH CET 2018 is organizeed in online mode. Given below is the detail of exam given below:
|MAH CET 2018 Entrance Exam||March, 10 & 11 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Result Declaration||Third week of March 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Counseling||Third week of May, 2018|
Marking Scheme of MAH CET 2018
Candidates must know the marking scheme in order to decide how to attempt questions in the exam. No change is expected in exam format this year. Marking scheme of MAH CET is expected to be as follows:
- There will be no penalty for wrong responses i.e. negative marking is not eligible.
- No mark will be deducted from the total score for leaving a question blank or not attempting it.
- Marking of two options will be considered as a wrong response.
- 1 mark will be honoured for marking every accurate response.
Use of MAH CET Optical Answer Sheet 2018
MAH CET 2018 is a computer based online test. The details of the optical answer sheet are as given below: It is important to know how to attempt the questions on optical answer sheet displayed on your computer screen.
- Questions asked will be objective type with each question having 5 options. Out of these 1 will be correct. The aspirant must choose the most suitable answer for the question according to them.
- To select an answer, candidates can do one of the following:
- Click on question number from question palette at the right of your screen to go to that question straight.
- Click on the option that you wish to mark as your response.
- Click on ‘Save & Next’ to save your answer.
- You can also review the existing answer by clicking on ‘Mark for Review and Next’ and save response to the current question.
- Click on another option if you wish to change your response or click on ‘Clear answer’.
- A clock is set at the server and the countdown timer at the top right corner of your screen will display the time remaining. When the clock runs out the exam ends by default- you do not need to end or submit your exam.
- Questions that are saved or marked for review will be considered for evaluation only after responding the question.
- Failure of aspirants to adhere to the instructions of examiner will be treated as a case of disorganized and the candidate would be liable for prohibited from appearing for examinations for a duration decided by CET Authority.
- On completion of 150 minutes, aspirants will not be able to attempt any questions or check their answer. Even if the candidate fails to click on the ‘Submit button’ the answers of the candidate will be automatically saved by the computer system.
- You can shuffle between questions from any section in any order while attempting the exam according to your convenience.
- During evaluation of the exam, the answer marked for Review will be taken as a final response.
- Students can seek clarification in an event of any doubt that arises from the exam examiner.
- Candidates will be directed to the next question automatically once they click on ‘Save and Next’ tab.
- To check the status of questions of the exam, you can move the mouse cursor over the names of the section.
- No doubts from candidates will be entertained once the examination begins.
Important Instructions of MAH CET 2018
Aspirants must ensure that they follow certain rules to maintain the decorum in the examination hall and for the smooth running of exam:
- Aspirants must carry their MAH CET 2018 hall ticket, original proof of identity and a passport size photograph.
- Do not waste your time in reading all the questions first and then deciding on which ones to respond.
- A rough sheet will be offered at the centre which should later be submitted to the examiner.
- Candidates must carry a ball-point pen to the venue.
- Start responding questions in the test one by one.
- Aspirants must report 30 minutes prior to the reporting time at the centre.
- If you find a question difficult skip it and go to the next question.
Syllabus of MAH CET 2018
The exam is divided into 3 sections. The online test contains all MCQs only. MAH CET Syllabus as per DTE Maharashtra is as follows- One of the 3 sections has 2 distinct parts - Logical Reasoning and Abstract reasoning with varying number of questions.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
- fThe section may have questions based on figures and diagrams and also on Verbal Reasoning.
- This will comprise questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think.
- This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
- This will comprise questions to know how fast and correct you can work with numbers.
- To ace, this section, do numerical calculations, understand different arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage etc.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- To response the questions, aspirant must comprehend questions on –
- Choice of suitable words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills.
- In this, English language ability would be tested via questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc.
- Understanding of the contents of the passages
- This will comprise the passages with questions based on their contents to test your comprehension.
Share on Whatsapp