KVPY Exam Pattern 2018
Last Updated -
February 15 2018
KVPY Exam Pattern 2018
KVPY 2018 is organizeed in both online or offline mode. The exam is organizeed for a total of 100 marks. The total time period situated to clear the KVPY 2018 scholarship exam is maximum 3 hours. KPVY 2018 is divided into 2 sections.
The provision for negative marking system is current in Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) scholarship exam, based on which marks are reduced for each wrong response attempted.
- In the PART II section, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each inaccurate response attempted.
- In KVPY scholarship exam, for the PART I section, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each inaccurate response attempted.
Exam Format Highlights Table of KVPY 2018
Below table shows the important information regarding the KVPY 2018 exam format.
|Exam Mode||Online or Offline Test|
|Number of papers||1|
|Number of sections||2 (PART I and PART II)|
|Questions Type||Multiple choice questions|
|KVPY 2018 Total Marks||100|
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
|Provision for Negative marking||Yes|
Exam format of KVPY 2018
All questions in KVPY 2018 are of the MCQ type (multiple choice questions) with 4 options for each question and the period of the KVPY 2018 exam is 3 hours.
- For the Stream SA in KVPY 2018 exam, all are mandatory questions (Science & Maths).
- In the SB and SX streams, there are 4 sections in the Part I section (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and there are 4 sections in Part II section (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics).
- In the SB and SX streams, candidates are allowed to response any 3 out of the 4 subjects in Part I and candidates can response any 2 out of the 4 subjects in Part II.
The below table lists all the subject list for the KVPY 2018 scholarship exam:
|TOTAL MARKS - 100|
Marking scheme of KVPY 2018
The below scheme is used for marking in the KVPY 2018 exam.
- In PART II section, 2 marks will be honoured for each accurate response.
- The total marks for KVPY 2018 Exam are 100 marks.
- There is a provision for Negative marking in KVPY 2018 exam.
- In PART II section, 0.5 marks will be deducted for each inaccurate response.
- Each unresponsive question will receive no marks.
- In PART I section, 1 mark will be honoured for each accurate response.
- In PART I section, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each inaccurate response.
Exam Syllabus of KVPY 2018
The syllabus for KVPY 2018 will be based on the below 4 major science subjects:
No prescribed syllabus is there for KVPY 2018 written exam, only a subject-wise syllabus is offered by the Indian Institute of Science as follows:
- The questions in KVPY 2018 exam will be formed from the basic concepts of PCMB, which comprises the topics and chapters of the 10th to the 12th class subject, science subject concepts from the Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science degree.
- KVPY 2018 test syllabus will consist of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (PCMB).
Reference Books for KVPY 2018
The books which can be taken as a reference by aspirants appearing for the KVPY 2018 are given below.
|Stream SA||KVPY (Stream-SA) 10 Years Unit Wise Old Examination Solved Paper (2007 to 2016)||Career Point Kota|
|Stream SX||KVPY (Stream-SX) 7 Years Unit-Wise Old Examination Solved Paper (2010 to 2016)||Career Point Kota|
|Stream SA||KVPY-COMPLETE PACK (SA Stream)||Resonance|
|Stream SX||KVPY COMPLETE PACK (SX Stream - MATHS)||Resonance|
Important Instructions for KVPY 2018
The following are the important instructions to be taken into account by the participants regarding the KVPY 2018 exam format:
- The earlier year question papers along with the response keys are available from the year 2009 to till date, in order to offer the aspirants appearing for the KVPY 2018 exam with a good idea of questions that will be asked in the fellowship exam.
- The earlier year questions are available in the official KVPY website’s homepage kvpy.iisc.ernet.in in PDF pattern and can be downloaded by the candidates.
- The maximum time situated for the KVPY 2018 exam is only 3 hours and the aspirants appearing for the KVPY exam should try to clear the exam within the situated time.
- There is a provision for negative marking in KVPY 2018 exam.
- Any queries regarding the KVPY 2018 exam can be emailed to email@example.com, which will be responded by the KVPY 2018 exam organizing authorities of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
- All the questions asked in KVPY 2018 exam will be of the multiple-choice question (MCQ) type with 4 options for each question.
- Aspirants must apply to the KVPY 2018 exam via online method only.
- There is an option of attending the online exam in the Hindi language also.
- KVPY 2018 exam will be organizeed as an online exam or written exam.
Share on Whatsapp