KEAM (Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical) 2019
Last Updated -
February 12 2018
KEAM (Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical) 2019
KEAM 2019 is a state level qualifying exam providing admissions into the Under Graduate Engineering programs provideed by different government and private colleges of the state. It is organizeed by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala annually. This exam served as an entry point for architecture and medical courses till 2016.KEAM 2019 notification will be available on the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in.
Check below the major highlights of KEAM 2019 exam.
- KEAM Application Form 2019 will begin from February 2019.
- Admit Card will be available for download from last week of March 2019.
- KEAM 2019 Result will be declared by the end of May 2019.
- The exam consists of objective type questions and will be held in the offline mode. Read More KEAM Exam Format
- Aspirants must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% marks taken together in respective subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to fulfil the at least KEAM eligibility norms.
- KEAM 2019 is scheduled for the last week of April 2019 on 2 consecutive days
The allocation of seats in different engineering colleges is done on the basis on rank list of KEAM examination. Check all important details regarding admission procedure and other updates of KEAM 2019 further in this article.
Highlights of KEAM 2019
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical 2019 or KEAM 2019|
|Organizing Body||Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Kerala (CEE Kerala)|
|Official Website||cee-kerala.org, cee.kerala.gov.in|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Exam Date||4th week of April 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
Important Dates of KEAM 2019
The tentative schedule proposed for KEAM 2019 is given below. All important dates regarding admission procedure will be available on the official website of the CEE and will be updated here soon.
|KEAM 2019 Official Notification||1st week of January 2019|
|Availability of KEAM 2019 Application Form||1st week of February 2019|
|KEAM Admit card will be available from||4th week of March 2019|
|KEAM 2019 Exam date||3rd week of April 2019|
|Declaration of KEAM 2019 Result||4th week of May 2019|
Eligibility Criteria of KEAM 2019
The eligibility criteria for KEAM 2019 is as set up by the organizing board. The eligibility criteria for the test are mentioned below. Applicants should make sure that they fulfil the at least eligibility norms before applying for the state entrance test.
- Students falling under the category of PIO and OCI can also apply for the examination.
- Aspirants must be the citizen of India to be applicable for KEAM.
Applicants should also fall under any of these 3 categories depending on their nativity to be applicable for the exam. These are:
- Domicile: Aspirants with the domicile of Kerala are grouped as Keralites. Children of All India Services Officers who are posted in Kerala will also be part of this group offered they current a certificate of proof of service for parents in Kerala.
- Non– Keralite 2: Thos who do not fall in the above two categories will be part of this category. They will have the eligibility to get admission in the engineering courses via management quota seats in private colleges controlled by the government.
- Non– Keralite 1: Participants residing in Kerala for an at least of 5 years in the study duration of 12 years will be part this category. Children of non- Keralite parents who have studied class 12 will also be part of this category if either of the parents is serving in the defence service or the government.
- The lower age limit is set at 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019, and there is no upper age limit prescribed for the test.
- Students appearing for the qualifying exam are also applicable offered they fulfil all the eligibility norms.
- They should have secured at least of 50% marks taken together in PCM subjects. In addition to this, it is necessary to score 50% marks in Mathematics personally.
- Students want admission in the Engineering courses must have passed Class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognised board.
Application Form of KEAM 2019
KEAM 2019 Application Form can be submitted by personals interested to pursue different programs by the online method only. KEAM Application procedure will begin from February 2019 and will conclude by the end of the month. Basic details like individual information and academic qualifications have to be offered in the application form. KEAM Registration consists of 4 steps which are given below:
- Registration by entering individual information to create user’s login account.
- Payment of application fee through online or offline mode.
- Sending the duly filled form to CEE office.
- Filling KEAM 2019 Application form and uploading need documents.
How to fill KEAM 2019 Application Form Online?
Candidates can follow the steps give below to apply online for the Kerala state entrance exam:
Step 1: Registration
- The participant registration confirmation page will be displayed which will have the Application Number. Note down this number for completing further steps.
- Click on ‘KEAM 2019 Online Application’ and select ‘Aspirant Registration’ to start the registration procedure.
- Go to the official website of KEAM i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in
- Offer basic details like their name, mobile number, email ID, and they will also have to choose a password. Cautiously verify these details and click on ‘Register’.
Step 2: Filling of KEAM 2019 Application Form
- They will have to upload scanned images of their recent passport- size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression as per the specifications are given in the form.
- After all the necessary fields have been filled, aspirants can see the preview of their application form. Verify all the details and click on ‘Final Submission’.
- Candidates should then enter their individual, communication and educational details.
- Students must use the system generated Application Number and Password to login to their user accounts.
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The next step is to pay KEAM 2019 application fee.
- Participants can check the status of their payment by logging into their user accounts and checking if the ‘Payment’ tab has turned green which signifies successful payment.
- Fees can be rendered via online method (Debit/ Credit card, Net Banking) and also by offline method (e-Challan).
- Print out the copy of the receipt of the transaction.
Step 4: Sending Application Form and requisite Documents to CEE
- Aspirants should take a print out of the duly filled application form and attach a 3.5 x 4.5 cm photograph (same as that uploaded for online application). The form must be attested by Head of the institute or a Gazetted officer.
- They will also have to send necessary enclosures which will be listed in the prospectus.
- The form should be sent to the following address within the last date of application-
The Commissioner for Entrance Examination,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala 695 001
Personals must pay the application fees for KEAM 2019. The fee amount will depend on the students’ categories. It can be remitted through cash, card or net banking. The procedure for paying the fees by each method is said below.
- Online mode: Personals must pay the fees either by Net Banking, Debit card or Credit card.
- Offline mode: Students can also pay by cash of the need amount by taking a printout of the e-Challan of State Bank of Travancore (SBT). This challan should be deposited at selected disciplines of the bank all over India and also the Head/ Sub-post offices in Kerala.
KEAM 2019 Application fees for different categories are:
|Scheduled Caste||INR 500|
Hall Ticket of KEAM 2019
KEAM 2019 Hall Ticket will be available 2 weeks prior to the exam. Steps to download KEAM 2019 Hall Ticket are given below: Every participant must carry a copy of the admit card to the exam centre on the day of the exam. These admit cards should be downloaded within the stipulated time period.
- Click on ‘Download KEAM 2019 Hall Ticket’.
- KEAM hall ticket will appear on the screen.
- Cautiously verify all the details and take 2 print outs of it.4
- Log on to the official website of KEAM.
- Enter the Application number, Date of Birth and security code and click on ‘Submit’.
KEAM 2019 Exam Centers
KEAM 2019 will be organizeed in all districts of Kerala, selected venues of Mumbai and New Delhi and also in one International centre, i.e. Dubai. Test takers will have to select their preferred exam centre in the application form. The final exam centre allotted to personals will be specified in the hall ticket.
Exam Format of KEAM 2019
KEAM 2019 will be organizeed on 2 consecutive days in the offline mode. It will include 2 papers. Here are some highlights about KEAM 2019 Exam Format:
- Each paper will have a total of 120 questions which have to be solved within 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes)
- Each question carries +4 marks while 1 mark is deducted for inaccurate responses.
- Aspirants must appear for both the papers.
- Students have to mark their responses in the OMR Sheet offered at the exam centre.
- KEAM Exam Format 2019 will have 2 question papers- Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics.
|Method of Examination||Offline|
|Period of the Examination||2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of Questions||Paper I (Physics, Chemistry)– 120 Questions Paper II (Mathematics)– 120 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks will be honoured for each accurate response|
|Negative Marking||Eligible; 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong response|
Syllabus of KEAM 2019
KEAM 2019 Syllabus will cover topics from PCM of 10+2 level. The important topics of each subject are given below:
|Mathematics||Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.|
|Physics||Laws of motion, work, energy and power, heat and thermodynamics, mechanics of solids and fluids, oscillations, waves, Electrostatics, present electricity, magnetic effect of present and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, optics, Modern Physics and semi organizer devices|
|Chemistry||Bonding and molecular structure, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, solutions, electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, Organic Chemistry, basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, polymers and biomolecules|
Result of KEAM 2019
KEAM 2019 Result will be declared tentatively in the last week of May 2019. The results for KEAM 2019 can be checked by following these steps: The scorecard will have the scores obtained in the various papers and total score. The results will be released on the official CEE website in the form of scorecards.
- Click on the link of ‘KEAM 2019 Result’.
- The scorecard will appear.
- Participants will have to enter their Application/ Roll Number to view their result.
- Take a print out of the same.
- Log on to the official KEAM website.
CEE will also publish the provisional response key which can be challenged via aspirant’s login account on the payment of INR 100 per response. Participants can estimate their rough score through this key.
After the results are released, the board will publish a merit list based on the performance of all aspirants. It will specify the ranks obtained by personals as per their mark and category. Equal weightage will be given to both papers for the purpose of making the merit list.
KEAM 2019 Cut Off
Candidates must secure an at least of 10 marks in each paper to qualify KEAM. The names of only such aspirants will feature in the merit list and they will be applicable for counselling. Students belonging to the SC/ ST category do not have such a requirement. However, they must be able to response minimum 1 question in each paper to qualify the test.
Every participating institute will declare its cut off after the results are declared. Students who meet this cut off will secure a seat in the respective college.
Counselling of KEAM 2019
The counselling procedure for KEAM 2019 will begin from June 2019. KEAM Counselling procedure is explained below in brief: The counselling and seat allocation will be done via Centralized Allocation Procedure (CAP) in a single window.
- Seats will be allotted as per the ranking and selection of participants.
- They will have to submit their desired college and course combination in order of preference for the seat allocation procedure.
- Aspirants shortlisted through the merit list will have to register themselves online or they can take help to help desk or facilitation centre.
- After securing a seat in an institute, students will have to report at their allotted institute to clear the admission formalities and pay the tuition fees.
Share on Whatsapp