JEE Main 2018 Score Validation & Qualifying Marks
Last Updated -
March 06 2018
There seems a lot of confusion among engineering candidates over JEE Main Rank & Scores. This article will give you information on JEE Main Rank, JEE Rank List, Score & Details mentioned in it!
- Merit list will be declared at the time of counseling and class 12 marks will not be considered for rank calculation.
- JEE Main Score is generally used for preparing the JEE Main rank list, which caters as the basis for admissions in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
- Aspirants have to select their preference of institutes during the registration procedure of JEE Main Counseling.
- JEE Mains Result is usually divided into two parts-JEE Main Score Card and All India Ranks i.e. AIR.
JEE Main 2017 Score Card Validity
JEE Main scorecard is usually valid for one year after JEE Main results are declared. The aspirant can make use of the scorecard up to one year for attaining admission in their choice of institution. JEE Main scorecard consists of following details:
- Aspirant’s Name
- Aspirant’s Roll number
- Parents’ Name
- Category to which aspirant belongs
- Aspirant’s State
- Subject wise scores
- All India Rank (Category wise)
- Normalized score
The relevance of High Rank in JEE Main 2017
- 24,000 undergraduate engineering seats will be allotted to the aspirants based on their JEE Main AIRs.
- JEE Main Rank indicates your ranking in All India Rank, State rank and Category Rank with total marks.
- An aspirant can download JEE Main scorecard from the official website of JEE Main after the declaration of result.
- While other ranks are for the information purpose of the student, only All India Rank is considered for admission to NITs/IITs/CFTIs/Others via Central Seat Allotment Board.
- JEE Main Rank offer as a ground for granting admission to B.E./B.Tech in top engineering colleges of India.
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff For the Top 5 IIITs (General Category)
The aspirant can refer to the following table to get an idea of prescribed JEE Main cut off for IIITs of the year 2015, while moving ahead with the steps of counseling and seat allotment procedure.
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)||Discipline||Closing Rank (2015)|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||Electronics and Communication Engineering||10363|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram||Mechanical Engineering- Design and Manufacturing||21491|
|Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture Jabalpur||Mechanical Engineering||27815|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology Amethi (A Campus of IIIT Allahabad)||Information Technology||20838|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology Srirangam, Tiruchirappalli||Information Technology||30565|
Important features of JEE MAIN Rank list
JEE Apex Board announces JEE main Rank list. The list is prepared on the basis of JEE Main marks and total marks in qualifying board exams. An aspirant must consider following important points regarding JEE Main Merit list:
- Normalization of marks is done on the basis of JEE Main marks and normalized score in 10+2 or equivalent board exam
- Based on this normalization, final score normalized score will be calculated and aspirants will be placed in order of this score in JEE Main 2018 rank list
- JEE Main Rank list consists of aspirant's name, roll number, parents' name, category, state, percentile scores in qualifying examination.
- Choice filling and Seat allotment procedure are organized by JoSAA from 2015 onwards.
- The rank card also contains subject-wise scores of the candidates, category wise All India Rank and qualifying examination normalized score.
- Weightage given to JEE Main score is 60% and qualifying exam marks is 40%. The ration considered is 60:40
- The participants will be offered with one final chance to update their marks on JEE Main website before a declaration of result.
JEE Main 2018 Counseling Procedure
An aspirant can refer to the following points, in order to track JEE Main Counseling process. The admissions to JEE Main Participating Institutes via JEE Main and JEE Advanced take place via three counseling procedure mentioned below and the JEE Main Seat Allocation Procedure. JEE Main counseling and JEE Main Seat Allocation, serves as the basis for admission in top-notch engineering institutes.
- CSAB SFTI Counseling: The admissions to self-financed technical institutes through JEE Main 2018 is organized by this counseling procedure.
- JoSAA Counseling Procedure: JoSAA is now the only authority that grants admissions in IITs, ISM Dhanbad, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs (Government Funded Technical Institutes)
- CSAB NEUT Counseling: This counseling procedure is organized by the CSAB Board for admissions to the institutes of the North Eastern States and the Union Territories.
JEE Main Documents Need for Counseling Procedure
Participants need to produce the following documents at the time of JEE Main Document Verification. The original documents and certificates will be required at the time of seat allotment. Any failure to bring any or all the documents mentioned will cancel the admission and the aspirant will lose their right to claim the admission.
- Certificates of Class 10th and Class 12th must be produced in original on the day of Document Verification.
- Recent Photographs.
- Migration Certificate allowed by the school.
- Aspirants belonging to PwD Category must bring the original Medical certificate.
- A character certificate allowed by the high school must be produced.
- Copy of the Confirmation Page.
- Attested copy of the Passport or any other equivalent identity card.
- Aspirants belonging to the reserved categories must bring their category certificate allowed by the competent authority.
- JEE Main Hall Ticket and JEE Main Rank Card must be produced.
JEE Main Seat Allocation Procedure
Share on Whatsapp
- Download the seat allocation letter.
- Seat Allocation will be done on the basis of reservation norms, choices filled and vacancies.
- Aspirants will get an Email/SMS regards to the seat allocation after a few days of the choice lock.