JEE Advanced 2018 Guidelines
Last Updated -
February 02 2018
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, the organizing body of JEE Advanced 2018, has announced a set of guidelines for the use of scribe in the examination. The service of the scribe is offered to Persons with Disabilities (PwD) aspirants who are Visually Impaired, Dyslexia, or cannot take Computer-Based Test (CBT) due to disability in upper limb or have lost fingers.
Such Scribes will be students of Class XI from the science stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects. Previous, Class X students were offered as scribe. The PwD/dyslexic aspirant has to choose a scribe from this panel.
JEE Advanced is the Stage 2 of Joint Entrance Exam and is organized to select prospective students in the IITs. The exam will be organized on May 20, 2018 as the computer based test. Aspirants who rank in the top 2,24,000 ranks out of the all the aspirants who take JEE Mains are applicable for this test.
JEE Advanced Reservation
JEE Advanced Eligibility
JEE Advanced Registration
JEE Advanced 2018 Guidelines for Scribe Users
- The requisition, along with a copy of the PwD certificate or a copy of the certificate of Dyslexic aspirant must be uploaded at the time of online registration for JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- The PwD aspirants who desire to avail the services of scribe obligatory to opt for the same during the online registration of JEE (Advanced) 2018.
- The PwD aspirants permitted to use the services of a scribe will get one-hour compensatory time i.e., end time will be 13:00 IST for Paper 1 and 18:00 IST for Paper 2.
- The aspirants are not allowed to bring their own scribes.
- To avail the services of the scribe, the aspirant should request the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2018, of the respective zonal coordinating IIT in the prescribed pattern.
JEE Advanced 2018 FORMATS for requesting scribes:
Form Scribe: Pattern of request letter for scribe and extra time for PwD aspirants
Form PwD-1: Disability Certificate (In cases of amputation or clear permanent paralysis of limbs and in case of blindness)
Form PwD-2: Disability Certificate (In cases multiple disabilities)
Form PwD-3: Disability Certificate (In cases other than those mentioned in forms II and III)
Form DYSLEXIC-1: Pattern of Medical Certificate/Report to be produced by Dyslexic Aspirant
Form DYSLEXIC-2: Certificate to be produced by Dyslexic Aspirant from the Principal of the School/College last attended
Share on Whatsapp
- Zonal coordinating IITs will make arrangements, via the Presiding Officer of the Examination Centre, to offer a panel of scribes (amanuenses).
- In case any aspirant as mentioned above managed to get admitted to any of the IITs, their admission shall be canceled immediately.
- The aspirant will be allowed to meet the panel of scribe one day prior to the examination i.e., on Saturday, May 19, 2018, in the presence of the IIT Representatives, Presiding Officer, and an Examiner, and will get to interact with the panel and choose their preferred scribe.
- If at any stage, it is established that an aspirant has availed the service of a scribe and consequently used the benefit of the additional extra hour allotted to scribe users in the exam, but does not suffer the extent of disability that warrants the use of a scribe, he/she will be disbarred from the procedure of evaluation, ranking, and admission.