ISC (Issues of Social Concern) Test in IRMA 2018
Last Updated -
March 08 2018
The test on Issues of Social Concern (ISC) in IRMA Exam is an important part of the selection procedure for PG Courses. But for actual selection, aspirants do require to appear in ISC organizeed by the Institute itself. It is notable that IRMA (Institute of Rural Management, Anand) shortlists aspirants on the basis of their scores in CAT or XAT.
- Issues of social concern is a mandatory section to attempt in IRMA 2018. The other 3 sections in IRMA comprise- Quantitative Ability, Analytical Reasoning, and English Comprehension.
- It must be noted that only Indian Nationals have to appear in this paper. Foreign Nationals can apply straight on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Score.
- ISC is an online test in which an aspirant has to response 60 questions of 1 mark each.
- The overall difficulty level of this section is generally moderate.
- Questions are based on different issues of economy of the country and different statistics concerned with them.
- Aspirants are advised to be good at present affairs to be able to excel this test. Check IRMA Syllabus
Importance of Issues of Social Concern Paper
Now, we all know that Issues of Social Concern is one of the steps in the selection procedure of IRMA, but why are we talking about it only at the moment? The response to this question is the importance of this test in the selection procedure of IRMA. Let us take a look at some points that define the importance of Issues of Social concern paper:
- Last, due weightage is given to scores of ISC test in the selection procedure. So eventually, good or bad scores of an aspirant are Issues of Social Concern test can impact his selection at IRMA.
- Second, IRMA announces a separate cut off for ISC. Yes, it is not like you are appearing in the exam and it’s done. Aspirants do require to score an at least score, which is called the cut off score. Check IRMA Cut off
- First of all, it is a mandatory step if aspirants seeking to get admission at IRMA. An aspirant who gets shortlisted on the basis of CAT/XAT score but does not appear in ISC is directly away rejected.
Issues of Social Concern Exam Format
The format of Issues of Social Concern paper is nowhere concerned to CAT or XAT. The examination is totally organizeed and controlled by IRMA itself.
Here are some details regarding the examination format of Issues of Social Concern paper:
- Aspirants are given 120 minutes to clear all four sections.
- The test contains 60 questions.
- The test is generally held is a month of February at around 25 various cities of the country.
- There is the provision of negative marking in the test. ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong response marked by the aspirant.
- ISC paper is an online exam.
- Each question is ISC test carries 1 mark.
- Questions are of Multiple Choice in nature.
Check clear IRMA Exam Format
Issues of Social Concern Syllabus
By now, you must have got an idea of the Issues of Social Concern paper and its importance. But now comes the big question of what is the syllabus of this section.
Let us take a look at IRMA Syllabus for this section. Aspirants can be asked questions on the below topics:
- Issues concerned with Human Resource Development in India, Human Development Index, International issues in Human Resource Development.
- Alloted concerned to imbalances in the economy – Concentration of wealth and power, disparities between urban and rural population, areas of constant low development, underdevelopment of some social groups, issues concerned to an imbalance in social service and employment generation.
- Economic Planning in the country - Strategies and Schemes enacted by the government in the country and Implementation of these schemes.
- Issues concerned with governance in the country, fallacies of government, Acts like Right to Information and Right to Education.
- The state of Agriculture in the country - Developments and issues in agriculture along with Basics of agriculture.
- The economy of India, its composition and issues concerned with Indian Economy.
- Indian Demography – Sex Ratio, Dispersion of Population, Maternity Rate, Literacy Rates, and Statistics concerned with Urban and Rural Population.
Check IRMA Exercise Papers
- State of Poverty in country, Poverty alleviation programs, their implementation and problems in these, famous poverty alleviation schemes of government.
- Issues concerned with education in the country, statistics concerned with education, primary education, disparities in the spread of education
- Issues like mistakes, Naxalism and Maoism, internal security of the country
- Issues concerned with health in the country, Status of Public Health system
- National and International environmental issues, issues concerned with natural resources, green energy etc.
Issues of Social Concern Important Topics
The list of topics for Issues of Social Concern paper is fairly long. But there are some topics that can completely be pointed out as the most important topics. So, here are some topics that have a high probability of coming in IRMA 2018:
- Structure of different bodies being set up by the government (eg – Which institution is a major stakeholder in RRBs?)
- Statistics published by different government and private bodies targets set by the government (eg – what is projected unemployment rate for 2021)
- Latest schemes enacted by the Government (example question – ASHA is a part of which scheme of government?)
- Statistics concerned with some iconic schemes of Indian Government, like MGNREGA.
- Headquarters and other details of the different public sector and government bodies (eg – when was NITI aayog formed or where is NDDB headquartered)
Issues of Social Concern Preparation for ISC Test in IRMA 2018
Issues of Social Concern paper is not a mathematics or reasoning based exam in which aspirants require tons of exercise. Instead, this test actually examines an aspirant’s knowledge of different issues and general awareness. Here are some tips that will help aspirant in the better preparation of the test:-
- And lastly, Issues of Social Concern is not a speed based exam. Aspirants must focus on accuracy rather than just quickly marking the responses.
- Aspirants can also refer to monthly chronology books which are available in the market.
- Exercise to be good at present affairs. Present affairs are a big chunk of questions in the exam. Thus, being good at these will always be helpful.
- Aspirants required to collect and note down important points about government’s bodies and schemes.
- Reading newspaper is one of the key habits that can help immensely in this exam.
We wish all the aspirants good luck and hope you all complete this paper with flying colours. ISC section is a cakewalk if you are thorough with the present and past events. So, take note of everyday happenings and you are good to go!
Share on Whatsapp