IRMA (Institute of Rural Management Anand) 2018
Last Updated -
March 22 2018
Rural Management and Development courses basically focus upon application of developmental and managerial skills for the upliftment of rural areas. The course involves learning, planning, organizing and dealing with the challenges faced in the elevation and management of a rural section of the country.
Off lately, there has been an escalation in the interest of Post Graduate candidates in the field of Rural Development and Management. Keeping this spirit up and with a view to culminate rural areas, Institute of Rural Management, famously known as IRMA, has been providing Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management, Fellowship Program in Rural Management and Certificate in Rural Management.
Out of all the three programs mentioned above, Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) is the flagship course which is provideed by IRMA. Additionally, an online test on “issues of social concern” has to be taken for final admission to PGDRM and Fellowship Program in Rural Management. Admissions to this program are provideed on the basis of CAT/XAT Scores.
How is PGDRM structured?
Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management is 2-year program comprising four various segments- classroom, village fieldwork, development internship and management traineeship.
Find below the details of these segments of PGDRM:
- Village fieldwork- In this segment, students are exposed to the realities of rural life and are given the first-hand experience of the prevalent situations.
- Classroom- 5 terms are comprised of classroom segment wherein, aspirants learn about techniques, skills and concepts of rural management.
- Development Internship- It is important to be aware of the organizational dynamics. During development internship, students learn about these dynamics and gather knowledge about ways to enhance rural development.
- Management Traineeship- The final segment is to test the knowledge earned throughout the program. It is an opportunity to examine the classroom concepts and other developmental skills earned during internship and fieldwork.
Who is applicable to apply for PGDRM?
To apply for both Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management and Fellowship Program in Rural Management, aspirants must fulfil certain eligibility conditions such as:
- A graduate degree/postgraduate degree in any branch with at least 50 percent marks or equivalent GPA from the recognised university.
- Valid CAT/XAT score must be obtained in order to be applicable to apply for given programs.
- Additionally, participants will have to appear for a test organizeed by IRMA on “Issues of Social Concern.”
Issues of Social Concern IRMA 2018
All the participants who wish to take up the afore-mentioned programs have to mandatorily appear for IRMA Exam 2018, also known as Issues of Social Concern.
The exam basically includes 4 sections namely, Quantitative Ability, English Comprehension, Analytical Reasoning and Issues of Social Concern. Know about IRMA 2018 Exam Format details here,
- The exam will be organizeed in an online method for 2 hours.
- Total marks allotted for this test is 200. Distribution of marks for each section is as follows:
- Quantitative Ability- 50 marks
- English Comprehension- 40 marks
- Analytical Reasoning-50 marks
- Issues of Social Concern-60 marks
Career Prospects in Rural Development and Management
With over 60% of the total population living in rural areas, it has become the ultimate necessity to have professionals hired for development and management of rural areas. A degree in Rural Development and Management can open gates to different job positions such as:
- Sales Officer
- Rural Development Officer
- Sales/Business Development Manager
- Rural Minister
- National Sales Development Manager, etc.
- Research Officer
- Purchase/ Vendor Development Manager
- Rural Executives
- Project Coordinator
- Rural Manager
- Senior Program Officer
- Business Development Executive
Here is the list of top appointees in the field of Rural Development and Management:
Co-Operatives & Affiliated Organizations
- Maahi Milk Producer Company Limited Rajkot
- GCMMF Ltd (AMUL) Anand
- Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers` Federation Limited Chennai
Government Development Agencies
- Rajasthan Gramin Ajeevika Vikas Parishad (RAJEEVIKA) Jaipur
- UNICEF-WASH Gandhinagar Gujarat
- Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society JEEVIKA Patna
Non- Government Development Organization
- Naandi Community Water Services Pvt Ltd Hyderabad
- Gujarat State Women’s Sewa Co-operative Federation Ahmedabad
- Industry Crafts Establishation Bangalore
Agrifinance & Microfinance
- CICI Bank Ltd. (Rural and Inclusive Banking Group) Mumbai
- Fullerton India Credit Limited Mumbai
- Fincare Business Services Ltd. Bangalore
Share on Whatsapp