IIT JAM 2018 Question Paper, Answer Key & Paper Analysis
Last Updated -
February 12 2018
IIT JAM 2018 was successfully held in the online method by IIT Bombay on February 11. IIT Bombay will announce IIT JAM 2018 Response key on February 18, 2018. IIT JAM was a computer-based test of 3 hours period which comprised 60 questions from 3 sections.
- The question paper was nearly similar and even easier to that of 2017 paper. Check IIT JAM Paper Analysis 2018
- MSQ (Multiple Select Question) sections have tricky questions in comparison to that of other sections.
- Section C, NAT (Numerical Response Type) was time-consuming and a bit lengthier while the remaining sections were as usual.
- In case of any discrepancies in the response key, aspirants can submit complaints online.
- IIT JAM Result 2018 will be declared on March 20, 2018.
- The aspirants will be selected based on IIT JAM 2018 Cut off list.
IIT JAM cut off lists include of the last rank at which candidates have been a provideed admission in Colleges accepting IIT JAM Scores for Admission. IIT JAM AIR list will be prepared based on total marks scored by aspirants in Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.
IIT JAM 2018 How to check Response Key?
- Before releasing the final IIT JAM response key, a draft response key will be announced.
- The response key will be available in pdf pattern and can be downloaded from official website.
- If aspirants find any inaccurate responses in the draft, they can submit challenges for the same by February 20, 2018.
- The final response key will be announced on February 20, 2018 and cannot be challenged any further.
- Aspirants can calculate their expected scores in the written entrance test via IIT JAM 2018 Response Key.
Aspirants can follow these simple steps given below to check the IIT JAM 2018 Response Key –
- Visit IIT JAM official website i.e. jam.iitb.ac.in/
- Click on the Downloads tab at the home page.
- Now, go to IIT JAM 2018 Response Key link.
- Here you can download the pdf file of the response key.
- Check the responses and calculate your expected IIT JAM scores.
IIT JAM 2018 How to Challenge of Response Key?
- In case of any discrepancies in the response key, aspirants can submit complaints online. Challenges towards the questions must be submitted via Email.
- The finally announced IIT JAM 2018 response key will have to follow by everyone.
- As soon as the challenge will be received by the authority, comments will be examined and final judgment will be made available for the aspirants at the portal itself.
- Participants can submit the grievances at email@example.com. In the subject section, aspirants must mention “Comments on Response Key”.
Paper Analysis for IIT JAM 2018
- Physics questions were precarious and were in the same number as the earlier year.
- Questions from topics Biological Sciences (BL) especially involving images appeared as expected in a very good number.
- In Mathematics, questions from Mathematical Statistics (MS) were given priority.
- Several unexpected questions from Mathematics appeared this time for the exam.
Overall, the question paper covered broad topics which gave the platform for everyone to secure good marks. Some candidates stated they did well in NAT, while others performed well in MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) and MSQ sections. So, there are chances that the average marking and maximum marks would remain just like in the earlier year.
Cut off for IIT JAM 2018
- After the announce of cut off scores, the admissions committee will proceed with the counseling procedure.
- IIT JAM 2018 Cut off will be released by IIT Bombay.
- Only the aspirants having secured the cut off scores will be provided admissions to the participating institutes.
- Cut Off marks will be available as per different categories i.e. General, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and Other Backward Class.
Given below is the earlier year cut off with which aspirants can get the estimates of expected cut off for IIT JAM 2018:
Share on Whatsapp
|Biological Sciences (BL)||33.99||30.59||17||17||17|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||19.04||17.14||9.52||9.52||9.52|