IFMR CAT 2017 Cutoff
Last Updated -
January 17 2018
Institute for Financial Management & Research (IFMR), Chennai has announced its Admission Criteria for the batch 2018-20. Participants with a valid CAT Score can apply from December 1-December 18, 2017 at its official website.
- Participant must have either written GRE/GMAT (on /after January 1, 2015) or CAT 2017 or XAT 2018/ CMAT 2018 to apply.
- Indian Nationals and NRIs are applicable for admission.
- The at least CAT Cutoff is 80 to apply for MBA at IFMR. There is no sectional cutoff.
- The Early Judgement Round is dedicated to those participants who are currently employed and have work experience of 12 months to 36 months.
- The selection procedure at IFMR consists of Written Ability Test (WAT) followed by the individual interview (PI).
- The shortlist for the Early Judgement Round will be released by January 8, 2018.
IFMR 2018 Admission Dates
Given below are the important dates for IFMR, Chennai Application Form dates aspirants can check:
|Stage of the Procedure||Early Judgement Round||General Round|
|Application Deadline||December 18, 2017||February 5, 2018|
|Announce of Shortlist (for Selection Procedure)||January 8, 2018||February 19, 2018|
|Selection Procedure Starts||January 27, 2018||March 3, 2018|
|Selection Procedure Ends||February 11, 2018||March 25, 2018|
|Releasement of First Merit List|| February 26, 2018||April 9, 2018|
|Releasement of First Wait List||February 28, 2018||April 11, 2018|
|Program Starts on||June 1, 2018||-|
IFMR 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The admission committee will consider the participant’s past academic performance and performance in Individual Interview.
- Work experience is NOT compulsory, but those with work experience should have less than or equal to 3 years of experience as of 1st December 2017.
- Those with track record in these areas would get a relaxation with regard to cut off scores, offered they are otherwise applicable, and capable;
- Graduates from a full time or part time degree course, but NOT correspondence/ distance method/ online method in any branch with the consistent academic record; Aspirants studying final year degree can also apply.
- The admissions committee will be short listing participants for the selection procedure, taking into consideration, the participant’s past academic performance, entrance test scores, and a passion for excellence demonstrated even in non-academic endeavor such as, but not limited to, sports (represented country, state or district/ University/ College/ School), Debate, Drama, Moot Court, NCC (but not NSS) volunteering, activism etc.(of a corresponding level);
- Participants should have been born on/after 1st January 1991 and on/before 31st December 1999.
- Cut off for all the entrance exams will not be same, thus, performance in all the entrance exams you have taken will be evaluated against the respective cut off and only your best performance will be considered.
- However, there is no concession from the requirement of a valid score in, the minimum one of CAT/XAT/CMAT/ GRE/GMAT regardless of any achievements.
- Participants need to take /have taken any of the following standardized entrance exams – CAT 2017 / XAT 2018/ CMAT 2018/ GMAT & GRE (taken on / after 1st January 2015).
Check CAT Eligibility
How to Apply at IFMR via CAT?
Aspirants can fill IFMR Application Form at the official website of IFMR. Last date to fill the Application Form is December 18, 2017. Given below are the steps to fill Application Form:
- Visit the website of Institute for Financial Management & Research - http://ifmr.cname5.formsdotstar.com/
- Click on ‘Registered User’
- Register yourself using your username, password and email ID
- Login to fill Application Form
- Fill your individual and academic details
- Make payment of the application fee
- Print the confirmation page for future purposes received on registered email ID.
IFMR Application Fee
Aspirants meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to IFMR only online at forms.ifmr.ac.in which upon completion would require you to make a payment of INR 1500/- via Debit Card / Credit Card / Internet Banking.
Read about CAT Registration
IFMR CAT Cut Off 2017
The first step of shortlisting aspirants is on the basis of CAT/XAT/CMAT Result. The expected CAT/XAT/CMAT Cutoff for IFMR is given below: All aspirants securing the at least cutoff marks will be called for further selection rounds.
|Entrance Exam||Expected cut off|
|GRE||Quant 160 in new scale, Verbal 153 in new scale|
|GMAT||Quant 49 on Scale of 60; Verbal 30 on Scale of 60|
The cut off list depends on different factors aspirants can check:
- Number of aspirants appearing for the test
- Availability of Seats in courses
- Average marks scored by the aspirants
- Difficulty Level of the question paper
- Marks scored by aspirants
IFMR 2018 Selection Criteria
Once a participant is short listed for the WAT/PI procedure, his performance therein becomes the key factor. The participant is evaluated for consistency against the factors that helped him/her get short listed.
Share on Whatsapp