IES 2018 Result by UPSC
Last Updated -
February 15 2018
Union Public Service Commission or UPSC will announce IES Result 2018 in online mode. Aspirants have to visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in to check their scores.
Listed below are facts concerned with IES Results 2018:
- After the declaration of result, aspirants are asked to submit a Detailed Application Form (DAF) online.
- One must take note that the candidature of the shortlisted aspirants is provisional until the appointment is finalized by the Commission (UPSC).
- Aspirants completing the cut off for IES (Prelims and Mains) can then proceed to Stage 3 (Individuality Test).
- IES Cut Off is also announced along with the results of each stage.
- Roll Numbers of the shortlisted aspirants is published in pdf pattern on the website mentioned above.
- The results for IES 2018 is declared in three stages: Stage 1 (Preliminary), Stage 2 (Mains) and Final Result (Individuality Test).
- The engineering services examination is scheduled for Jan. 7 and the results will be available in March 2018.
IES Result 2018 Highlights Table
|IES 2018 Result Date||IES Prelims – February 2018|
IES Mains – August 2018
|Method of Availability||Online|
|Organizing Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Aspirants expected to qualify IES 2018||As per vacancies available|
|Applicability of IES Result||For appointment of engineering in different posts in Indian Engineering Services|
|IES Helpline Number||011-23385271/ 23381125/ 23098543|
IES 2018 Result Dates
After successful organize of IES exams, UPSC announces the results for Indian Engineering Services examinations. Check IES/ ESE Exam Format Qualified aspirants can then appear for IES Mains Examination which includes of two sections: Paper 1 and Paper 2. The results for IES Prelims are expected to announce in the last week of February 2018.
Tabulated below are the important dates concerned with IES Result:
|IES Result for Prelims Exam||February 2018|
|IES Result for Mains Exam||August 2018|
|IES Result for Individuality Test||November 2018|
|IES 2018 Final Result Date||December 2018|
IES 2018 How to Check Result?
- UPSC will announce the results of IES 2018 Preliminary and Mains examination on the official website.
- Only the qualified aspirants roll numbers are listed in the PDF file of IES Notification for results.
Aspirants must keep willing with the attested copies of the following documents soon after the declaration of IES Result:
- Certificate of Educational Qualification
- Certificate in support of claim for age/ fee exemption
- Category Certificate (wherever eligible)
- Certificate of Age
Note: Make sure to have all the documents
The steps to check IES results are as follows:
- “Engineering Service Examination 2018” link will be displayed
- Click and the link will open in a new window in PDF pattern
- Click on “Active Examinations” under “Examination” from the drop-down menu.
- Click control + F at once and enter your roll number and hit search
- Visit the official UPSC website i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
- Result file can be downloaded by clicking download on the right-hand upper corner
IES 2018 Details on Scorecard
- IES 2018 Mains Admit card will be available approximately 3 weeks before the Engineering Services Mains Examination 2018.
- Instead, the e-hall ticket for IES 2018 (Prelims and Mains) will be announced on the official website.
- The organizing body will not announce scorecard for qualified aspirants.
Response Key for IES 2018
- IES 2018 Response Key will be available for the following papers:
- Electrical Engineering Paper - II
- Mechanical Engineering Paper - I
- E & T Paper - I
- Electrical Engineering Paper - I
- E & T Paper - II
- Civil Engineering Paper - I
- Mechanical Engineering Paper - II
- Civil Engineering Paper - II
- The response keys for the engineering service examination is announced by UPSC.
- Aspirants have to visit the official website in order to check the same.
IES 2018 How to Download Response Key?
- Visit the official website
- Check “Engineering Services Examination 2018”
- Year wise Examination Response Key will be listed
- All the subjects and papers will be listed with a link beside them.
- Participants can click on the link to the respective papers to view and download the response key.
- Click on “Response Key” from the drop-down menu under “Examination”
Note: Participants can use IES 2018 Official Response Key to verify their answer in the examination. With official response key, participants will get an idea of their total marks.
What is Detailed Application Form (DAF) for IES 2018 Interview?
- Aspirants who have completed the written examination i.e. Stage 1 and Stage 2 have to appear for Stage 3 i.e. Individuality Test.
- DAF can be accessed online at UPSC Official Website.
- For aspirants appearing for the interview, this is the form that the board will have in front of them.
- Before appearing on the last stage, aspirants need to fill Detailed Application Form.
- Most of the questions are asked from DAF in IES Interview.
Details asked in DAF 2018
The form consists questions that are basic and general in nature. The fields in the form are as follows:
- Name – Aspirant must enter their name as given in 10th and 12th official documents. One should know the meaning or everything possible concerned to the name.
- Address – Residence address of an aspirant.
- Domicile – Offer information about the place of birth. An aspirant must know the meaning of Domicile and also all the possible information concerned to it.
- Date of Birth – Birth date as mentioned in the official documents. Also, one must know if there is any historical significance of the day.
- Community – Aspirant has to mention their category. It is important to know the meaning of SC/ST/OBC/PwD abbreviations.
- Employment Status – Mention details about the past and present employment status. It is important to know all the information about your present and past employment working.
- Name of Father/ Mother – Offer accurate names of your parents in DAF for IES Interview.
- Father/ Mother’s profession and salary – Aspirant must know about their parents' profession and salary they earn.
- Service preferences – This must be decided by the aspirant. Fill in the preferences in serial order. Fill this very cautiously, find out all the information concerned to these services and also discuss with working people.
- Prizes/ Medal/ Scholarship etc – Information offered should be valid. It is not compulsory to fill this field.
- Team/ Games/ Sports – Mention about it if you have played up to district/ zonal level.
- A position of distinction/ leadership – Mention positions where you have actually played some meaningful leadership roles.
- Hobbies and interest – It are one of the most important fields of DAF. it is because the questions generally start from this, most of the time. Write hobbies which you can justify in front of the panel.
Note: One must not haste in submitting the DAF. Also, make sure to go via your form daily and prepare every possible question that can be asked in IES Interview.
Merit List for IES 2018
- The merit list will be based on the total marks secured by the participants in both Preliminary and Mains Examination.
- After the result of IES Main Examination (ESE) is declared, IES 2018 Merit List will be declared on the official website.
- On the basis of the total, the eligibility for the Individuality Test (Interview) will be determined.
- UPSC will organize IES 2018 Examination and assess the response sheets of the appeared aspirants.
- IES 2018 Merit List will be declared on the official website of UPSC.
Tabulated below is the details that explain the three-tier scheme of IES Examination:
|Stage 1||IES Preliminary Examination (Objective Type Paper)||Only those aspirants qualify the Preliminary Examination will be permitted to appear for Stage 2 Examination|
|Paper I (Common)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper|
|Paper II||Engineering Branch-Specific Paper|
|Stage 2||IES Mains Examination (Conventional Type Papers)||Only those aspirants qualify both Stage 1 and Stage 2 Examination will be allowed to appear for Stage 3 Examination|
|Paper I||Engineering Branch-specific Paper-I|
|Paper II||Engineering Branch-specific Paper-II|
|Stage III||Individuality Test (Interview)|
|Stage I +II + III||Grand Total = Final IES 2018 Result|
Aspirants who will qualify all the three stages will be listed in IES 2018 Final Merit List of Engineering Services Examination.
The selection of aspirants will be based on the total marks secured.
IES Cut off 2018
UPSC will prepare IES 2018 Cut off. It will be announced soon after the declaration of the result.
Share on Whatsapp
- On the basis of category, the cutoff list will be divided into General, OBC, SC, ST, PH-1, and PH-3.
- The cut off will be announced on the basis of engineering branch - Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- IES Cut off 2018 will be announced for Preliminary, Mains and Final Examination.