IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Application Form 2018
Last Updated -
March 09 2018
IAS 2018 Application Form for Prelims will be available in February 2018. Aspirants are advised to keep all their documents handy while registering for IAS. The IAS application form will be available until March 2018. Aspirants can apply for the Online IAS Exam on the official website.
In order to avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to apply before the last date of IAS Application form. Application Fee for IAS Prelims is INR 100 and IAS Mains is INR 200. Reserved Category aspirants are exempted from paying IAS 2018 Application fee.
How to Apply for IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Application Form 2018
Aspirants have to fill separate online application forms, both, for UPSC IAS Prelims and UPSC IAS Mains. The steps to apply for IAS 2018 exam are given below: Aspirants can reach IAS Online Form for UPSC Mains on the official website in the last week of October 2018. Online form for UPSC IAS Prelims will be available on the official website from February 2018.
- Visit the official website of UPSC and search for “Application Form” link.
- Click on the link and application form window will appear on your screen with two registration windows: Part I and Part II.
- Click on Part I registration and fill all the details as a need in the application form.
- Click on submit. On submission, a registration ID will be generated.
- Precede with Part II registration by using registration ID generated during Part I registration.
- Choose the examination you seeking to appear for.
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph & signature in the specified pattern.
- Pay the application fee as mentioned in the website.
- On successful payment of application fee, registration procedure will be finished.
- Take a print out of the online submitted application form for future reference.
How to fill IAS Application Form 2018
IAS 2018 Application Form will be filled in two stages- Registration Part I and Registration Part II. Both the stages will be realized through official web portal of IAS. Aspirants can perform the following steps to fill the IAS 2018 Application Form:
Step 1: Registration Part I
- Click on Submit button
- the official website and click on the link ‘Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2018’.
- Enter the details like Name, Gender, Category, Nationality cautiously.
- You will be redirected to the payment step
Step 2: Payment of Application Fee
- The online method comprises payment through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Click on pay now after filling the details
- You will be redirected to Part II of UPSC Online Form
- Aspirants can choose the payment mode between an online and offline mode
- The offline method comprises downloading the Pay-in-slip and paying in cash at any discipline of SBI.
Note: This step is not eligible for aspirants who are exempted from paying the fee.
Step 3: Registration Part II
- Enter qualification and other communication details asked correctly.
- After verification, click on the submit to proceed to the next step
- Enter choice of IAS Exam Center.
- After receipt of the fee payment is out, fill in details asked in IAS 2018 Application Form cautiously.
Step 4: Uploading the Images
- Click on “I Agree” to submit the clear IAS Online Form.
- Verify if the image is opened correctly and completely
- Repeat the same steps to upload the image of the signature
- Click on open/upload
- Click on the link offered to upload the photograph
- Browse location of the image to be uploaded and select it.
Important Documents Need
Aspirants need to have the following documents in hand before starting UPSC IAS 2018 Registration procedure to ensure correct and accurate data. Any discrepancy in offered information will result in cancellation of candidature.
- Scanned Photograph
- Class X Mark sheet
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Scanned Signature
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Category certificate (if eligible)
Application Fee for IAS 2018
IAS 2018 Application fee can be paid in both offline and online mode. For the offline method, aspirants need to pay the amount in any Discipline of SBI. For online options, aspirants can opt either for Net Banking facility or for payment through debit/credit card.
|Category||UPSC IAS Prelims Fee||UPSC IAS Mains Fee|
|Male General and OBC Aspirants||INR 100||INR 200|
|ALL Female aspirants||Exempted from fee payment||Exempted from fee payment|
|SC / ST / PH aspirants||Exempted from fee payment||Exempted from fee payment|
Retrieving Application Number and Password
The following steps may be helpful in case aspirants seeking to retrieve their application number or password for IAS 2018 Application:
- After clicking, enter the need details like Name, Father’s Name, registered e-mail id cautiously.
- Visit the official website.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Choose the option between forgot the password and forgot application.
- Click on the ‘Login’ link for IAS Application.
- A link will be sent to your registered email ID to clear the given process.
- At bottom of the page find the link for forgot the password.
Status of IAS Application Form 2018
After filling the IAS Application Form, it is important to Check UPSC Online Application Status 2018. This is because if there are any problems in filling data in application form then aspirants will not get hall ticket to appear in the exam of UPSC. Application forms with inaccurate information are rejected by the organization.
Steps to Check UPSC Online Application Status
- After Part 1 registration, you will get password and registration number.
- In order to check UPSC Online Application Status 2018, select option as “Part II Registration”.
- Visit the official website to reach IAS 2018 Application form.
- Input need details; it everything is fine then your form will be submitted successfully.
Form Correction of IAS 2018
It is possible to accurate the form during Part 1 and Part 2 of the registration procedure. Aspirants can follow the guidelines given below to accurate the IAS 2018 Application Form:
Form Correction during Part 1
After filling different columns in part I of the online application, the system gives the option to the participants to change/update any of the information filled in by them. If you seeking to change any information, click on the Update button. Aspirants are advised to use this facility to make any changes.
Form Correction during Part 2
- If the quality of images is not satisfactory, then click on the Reload Photograph or Reload Signature button. After clicking on Confirm Upload button, the system will not allow any changes in the photograph/signature.
- For part-II of online application, an aspirant must be careful about the quality of the images uploaded by him. After aspirants upload photograph and signature, a fresh page shows the preview of the uploaded images. If you are satisfied with the uploaded images, then you may click on Confirm Upload button.
Note: In case the quality of photograph/signature is not acceptable, then the application can be rejected by the commission.
Correction after IAS 2018 Form Submission
Once the application has been submitted successfully, there is no provision in the system to make any changes. Hence, no change can be made at this stage in any of the details. In case, aspirants, later on, come to know that they have committed an error, then they should resubmit the Application Form afresh duly correcting errors or quality of photo or sign.
In this case, aspirants will have to make fee payment again and upload the Part-II information again with new RID allotted to them at the resubmission of Part-I information. Please note afresh submission is only possible if the time is still left for filing up the online application form.
Share on Whatsapp