IAS Application Form 2019
Last Updated -
February 20 2018
Union Public Service Commission will announce the application notification for Civil Services Examination (commonly known as IAS) on its official website in the month of February 2019. The last date to apply will be in the month of March 2019. Aspirants are advised to keep all their documents willing while registering for IAS 2019.
- Every year UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) organizes Civil Services exam for aspirants aspiring to be Grade ‘A’ officers.
- IAS 2019 Application form will be available online on UPSC website.
- IAS Application fee will be INR 200. SC/ST/Women aspirants are exempted from paying the application fee.
UPSC IAS Exams is organized into three stages namely Preliminary, Mains and Interview rounds. The registered aspirants need to sit for the Preliminary round. Aspirants qualifying IAS Mains are then called for Interview rounds. The appeared aspirants are shortlisted based on their scores and invited for IAS Mains.
IAS Application Form 2019 Highlights Table
|Exam||Civil Services Examination(commonly known as IAS)|
|Organizing Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Application Procedure Begin||February 2019|
|Application Procedure Ends||March 2019|
|Preliminary Exam Dates||June 2019|
|Format||English and Hindi|
IAS Application 2019 Important Dates
Below are the tentative dates for prestigious IAS Examination Prelims Round 2019.
|Announce Notification for IAS Prelims||February 2019|
|Availability of application form for IAS Prelims||February 2019|
|Online Application form Last date Submit||March 2019|
|Prelims Exam Hall Ticket||June 2019|
|Exam date of Prelims||June 2019|
|Preliminary exam result||August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for IAS 2019
Aspirants who seeking to apply for IAS 2019 must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the Union Public Service Commission. If applicable then aspirants can apply for UPSC IAS 2019. Here are the Eligibility Criteria set by UPSC:
- Aspirants must be the citizen of India, first.
- The aspirant must satisfy the at least physical standard as per prescribed in the official notification.
- At any stage, if an aspirant is establish inapplicable for the exam, he/she will be disqualified from further rounds of the appointment procedure
- The at least and maximum age of the aspirants must be 21 years and 32 years respectively.
- The relaxation in the upper age for the aspirants of the SC and ST category will be 5 years and for the OBC category will be of 3 years.
- Participants who are studying education and are in their final semester or final year may apply.
- It is compulsory to possess a graduation degree in any branch from a recognised university or from the central government.
IAS Application form 2019 Registration Process
An aspirant who wishes to apply for IAS 2019 should follow the application process mentioned below:
- Click on “Submit”
- You will be redirected to the payment step
- Offer your accurate and functional email address as all correspondence will be made by the UPSC via email only.
- Enter the details asked such as name, parent’s name, date of birth, correspondence address, academic qualifications, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Visit the official website www.upsconline.nic.in after the notification is out.
- Fill in the Online Appointment Application (ORA).
- Click on the appointment button of “IAS 2019”
Payment of Application Fee
- After successful submission of the application fees aspirants will be redirected to the Part II of the UPSC Online Form.
- After registration, participants will have to pay Application Fee.
- Offline method of payment comprises downloading the Pay-in-slip offered on the page and remitting the cash at the nearest discipline of the State Bank of India.
- The online method comprises payment via debit/credit card or net banking.
- Applications fee is INR 200 for General and OBC male aspirants, No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women aspirants.
- Choose the payment method: online or offline mode
- Aspirants will have to choose three examination center, where they seeking to appear for IAS 2019 Prelims examination.
- Click on “Submit” to proceed to the next step.
- Aspirants will have to fill in their academic and communication details asked in the form correctly.
- Aspirants will have to verify all the information entered before submission.
Uploading of Photograph & Signature
- After uploading the images, click on “I Agree” to approve the declaration and submit the clear IAS Online Form.
- The photo must be of 200 x 300 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the accurate file and click open to upload.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG pattern.
The aspirant should take a printout of the submitted ORA for future references, they do not need to send the application by post/hand to UPSC.
Application Fee for IAS 2019
IAS 2019 Application Fee can be paid in both offline and online mode. For the offline mode of fee payment, the aspirant must remit the amount in any Discipline of SBI. For online options, the aspirant can opt either for Net Banking facility or for payment via a debit/credit card.
|General and OBC||INR 200|
|SC/ST/Women aspirants||No Fee|
IAS Application Form 2019 Documents Need
Aspirants are advised to assemble the following documents prior to IAS 2019 Registration to ensure correct and accurate data. Any mismatch between the actual information and the registered information will result in cancellation of candidature from IAS 2019 Appointment procedure:
- Scanned Photograph
- Medical certificate(if need)
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Class X Mark sheet
- Category certificate(if need)
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Scanned Signature
Instructions for IAS Application Form 2019
Here are some of the important instructions for the aspirants who will apply for IAS 2019:
Share on Whatsapp
- Fields marked with ‘*‘ are compulsory and filling them is mandatory.
- Name of the participant filled in the application form should be in accordance with the name mentioned in his/her ID proof (ID proof will be needed at the time of Examination and Interview)
- Aspirants need to send self-attested copies of the documents/certificates in support of the claim made in ORA if summoned by the UPSC.
- Keep the printout of the Application form safely, it is needed at the time of interview.
- Signature in capital letters will not be accepted.
- Participants must have scanned photograph and signature as per the specific dimensions are given in the official notification.
- The signature and photograph must be complete otherwise the form will get rejected.
- The shortlisted aspirants will have to produce all original certificates at the time of the interview.
- Aspirants must if selected be willing to undergo Medical examination and satisfy such Medical authority as Government may require.
- Participants should have a valid email address, it should be kept active till the declaration of the final result as all correspondence will be made by the UPSC via email only.
- Payment made via Demand Draft (DD) won’t be accepted.