GATE Instrumentation (IN) 2018 Question Paper, Answer Key & Paper Analysis
Last Updated -
February 05 2018
The GATE exam for Instrumentation Engineering (IN) was organized in the afternoon session on February 4, 2018. The questions asked in the Instrumentation Engineering paper were conceptual in nature. Important topics were Networks, Measurement, Control systems, Transducers and Analog Circuits.This year GATE will be held at 199 cities across India and 6 cities abroad.
- More weight was given to topics like Networks, Measurement, Control systems, Transducers and Analog Circuits. Check GATE Paper Analysis for IN
- IIT Guwahati will release GATE 2018 Result on March 17 in online mode. Aspirants can check result of GATE by log-in via GOAPS (GATE Online Application Procedure System).
- Except for Analog Circuits which was perceived to be tougher than usual, all the other topics were relatively easy to medium.
- Aspirants who will qualify the entrance exam will be able to download GATE Scorecard from March 20 to May 31, 2018.
GATE Cut off
GATE Response Key 2018 How to Download?
- Aspirants have to log into the GATE Online Application Procedure System (GOAPS) by submitting their enrolment ID and password which was given at the time of registration.
- Click on the "View Answer" tab.
- A PDF will appear on the screen which would have the aspirant’s details and responses to each question asked in the GATE 2018 paper.
- Click on the link given on this page.
- Check the Instrumentation Engineering and download the relevant response key.
- After downloading the response key and save the file.
How to challenge GATE 2018 Response Key?
- Log into GATE Online Application Procedure System.
- Go via the guidelines given cautiously.
- Agree by checking on declaration stating that guidelines for the aspirants of the GATE Response Key have been understood.
- Click on the “Contest Response Key" tab to be able to pay and mail objections concerned to the response.
- INR 500 has to be paid via the online portal offered for every question which has to be challenged.
- NRI aspirants of GATE will have to pay the US $ 10 per question being challenged.
- It is important to use the accurate question number given in the question paper to challenge.
- Attach a justified proof for challenging the response key.
How to calculate GATE Score using the response key?
- MCQ Marks: Total marks (1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
- Total marks (1 marks) = 1 x number of accurate responses – 1/3 x number of wrong responses
- Total marks (2 marks) = 2 x number of accurate responses – 2/3 x number of wrong responses
- NAT Marks: Total marks (1 marks) + Total marks (2 marks)
- The numerical questions have no negative marking.
- GATE Score = Marks obtained for MCQs + Marks obtained for NAT questions
- Calculate the marks obtained in the accurate responses and subtract the marks lost in inaccurate responses due to negative marking.
GATE 2018 Instrumentation (IN) Paper Analysis
The subject wise weight analysis given below is based on earlier year Instrumentation Engineering GATE papers. This would help to understand the important topics in GATE 2018 Exam.
|GATE IN||Topic Covered||1 Marks Questions||2 Marks Questions||Total Questions|
|Networks||Basics of networks, two-port networks, AC analysis, transient|
|Digital Circuits||Logic gates, sequential circuits, microprocessor||2||1||3|
|Signals and Systems||Laplace & Z-transform,Types of signals,sampling,DFT||4||3||7|
|Control Systems||Stability, block diagram, time answer analysis||0||3||3|
|Measurements||PMMC, Bridges, instrument transformers||2||4||6|
|Analog Circuits||OPAMP based||5||6||11|
|Communication||Frequency modulation, amplitude modulation||0||2||2|
|Transducers||Flow & Pressure measurement, temperature measurement,||2||4||6|
|Procedure Control||Basics, controllers||2||0||2|
GATE Cut off 2018
- As no common GATE counseling is held, each participating institute determine cut off to shortlist aspirants for admissions.
- GATE participating institutes (IITs, NITs, and other colleges) will release their separate GATE cutoffs.
- GATE Cut Offs will be separate for qualifying the exam and for admissions.
Share on Whatsapp
|Instrumentation Engineering (IN)||34.60||31.10||23.00|