GATE Biotechnology (BT) 2018 Question Paper, Answer Key & Paper Analysis
Last Updated -
February 05 2018
IIT Guwahati has successfully organized GATE 2018 Biotechnology (BT) on Feb 4. The maximum marks for the examination are 100 and the at least qualifying cut off is 25 - 27 marks. The at least cut off marks for reserved categories range from 18 to 24 depending on the categories. GATE 2018 Result will be declared by March 17, 2018.
- Majority of the questions were based on core Biotechnology subjects- Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology.
- The clinical questions require the application of concept and are tricky for the participants.
- The numeric entry questions are clearly formula based which makes these easy to solve. Check GATE BT Paper Analysis
- Based on earlier years’ analysis, GATE 2018 is not very tough. It is in the medium range of easy to hard.
- The official response keys are referred for evaluating GATE Scores. Based on official response keys, the result is declared.
GATE Cut off
GATE 2018 Response Key is announced by IIT which takes the responsibility of organizing the test for that particular year. All participants who passed in GATE are allowed to analyze their test performance by using the response key. It is allocated by paper and code wise. They can even anticipate their marks before the result is released.
GATE Response Key 2018 for Biotechnology
The response key for GATE 2018 BT will be released in February after the conclusion of the examination. In case of any discrepancies, the aspirants can send the feedback to IIT Guwahati regarding the published response key. These response keys help the students to assess their performance in the GATE exam and calculate their estimated marks.
How to Download GATE 2018 Response Key Biotechnology?
- Visit the official website for GATE i.e. gate.iitg.ac.in
- Enter your Application ID and password in the respective credential fields.
- Click on the Login button
- An option for downloading the response key will be current on the screen.
- Download the response key and match the responses with your attempted responses.
- Take a print out for better analysis and future reference.
GATE Biotechnology 2018 Paper Analysis
- Apart from a few tricky questions, the paper is easy to attempt and score.
- The questions are majorly from core Biotechnology subjects, that are Microbiology, Biochemistry and others.
- As gathered from the aspirants, the paper has more Clinical and Numeric questions and lesser theoretical questions.
- The Clinical questions were application based and the numerical questions were direct.
- There will not be any options current for the participant to choose from. The question is to be solved and then the response value is to be manually entered.
- The difficulty level of the exam is moderate.
- The aspirant has to enter the obtained numeric value which can also be a decimal using the virtual keyboard currently on the screen.
|Engineering Mathematics||13% of total marks weight|
|General Aptitude||15% of total marks weight|
|Subject Questions||72% of total marks weight|
GATE Cut Off 2018
The Cut off marks for GATE 2018 BT vary on the basis of the aspirant’s category. The general cut off marks for all categories are as follows:
|Category||At Least Qualifying Cut off Marks|
|SC, ST and Physically Handicapped||18|
GATE 2018 Tie Breaker Criteria:
In the case of two or more aspirants obtaining the same marks in the examination, the merit rank is decided by using the tiebreaker criteria as follows:
Share on Whatsapp
- The aspirant who has more marks in the Subject Questions section is preferred over the aspirant with lesser marks.
- If that does not make a difference, the date of birth of the aspirants will be taken into consideration. The older aspirant will be given higher rank over the younger participant.