GATE 2018 Electrical Engineering (EE) Question Paper, Answer Key & Paper Analysis
Last Updated -
February 10 2018
This post is for recently concluded GATE exam and in this post, I wish to let you all know the verdict on GATE 2018 EE paper. The official response key for GATE Electrical Engineering (EE) 2018 and questions papers will be announced after GATE 2018 Exam along with the notification of a time frame to raise objections with the proof.
- Weightage given to Power Electronics, Electrical Machines, and Power systems was more.
- General Aptitude was medium in comparison. Check GATE 2018 EE Paper Analysis
- There are certain questions which will be lengthy and calculation intensive and would take a long time to solve using Virtual Calculator.
- The tough topics were Engineering Mathematics, Signals & Systems, Control Systems, Power Electronics and Power systems.
The official response keys are referred for evaluating GATE Scores. Based on official response keys, the result is declared. GATE Result is expected to be declared on March 17, 2018.
The final response keys for GATE 2018 will be published after considering all the objections (if, raised by the aspirants) at gate.iitg.ac.in in 1st week of March. The unofficial GATE response keys are announced by coaching centers just after the organizing of the exam.
GATE EE Response Key 2018 How to Download?
- Aspirants need to log in via GATE Online Application Procedure System (GOAPS) by entering their enrolment ID (sent during registration) and password.
- Click on the "View Answer" button.
- Details and answer to each question of GATE 2018 Electrical Engineering (EE) paper will appear on the screen.
- Click on the link given on this page.
- Check the branch and download the relevant response key.
- Download the response key and save the file.
GATE 2018 EE Paper Analysis
- There is extra weight assigned to Power systems, Power Electronics and Electrical Machines.
- Talking about the level of questions (subject-wise), questions from Control systems, General Aptitude, Digital circuits and Power systems are generally easy with Mathematics and Analog Circuits have a moderate level of questions.
- Fill in the blanks questions are quite noticeable in recent question papers.
- The paper format has a combination of conceptual and easy questions but some of them are lengthy especially in terms of NAT questions.
GATE 2018 EE Subject-wise Weightage (in marks)
|GATE EE||Expected Marks|
|Signals & Systems||6-8|
GATE 2018 EE Cut off
GATE 2018 Electrical Engineering (EE) cut off marks will vary dependent on the category the participant belongs to. The recent year cut off of GATE Electrical Engineering (EE) for all categories (OBC, SC, ST, PH, General) is given in the following table:
Share on Whatsapp
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||2017||25.2||16.7||25.2|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||2016||22.5||16.7||25.1|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||2015||22.5||16.67||25|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||2014||22.5||16.67||25|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||2013||23.17||17.16||25.74|