Exam Pattern of ATMA 2018
Last Updated -
February 13 2018
Exam Pattern of ATMA 2018
ATMA 2018 Exam Format will be designed to test aspirants’ aptitude in different management skills by analysing their comprehension abilities, verbal reasoning capacities, analysing and synthesizing capabilities, and numerical reasoning abilities.
Below is a quick overview of ATMA 2018 Exam Format:
- There is negative marking in the test. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- For each accurate response, 1 mark is given.
- There will be 180 MCQs (Multiple-choice questions) in total, divided into 6 sections.
- The exam will be organizeed in both modes, i.e. online (computer-based) and offline (pen & paper). Please note that the examination for January session will be organizeed in online mode, while the exam for May and July session will be organizeed in offline mode.
- The total period of the examination will be 3 hours.
- The syllabus for ATMA 2018 will include Analytical ability, Quantitative ability and Verbal ability.
- The test will be objective type only.
ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions) is organizeed by Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) multiple times in a year. provideed by the member management institutes of AIMS. The test is organizeed for providing admission to applicable aspirants in different Postgraduate programs such as MBA, PGDM, MCA, MCM, etc. ATMA entrance exam is a national level test and the score is accepted by 200 institutions.
ATMA 2018 Exam Format Highlights
Below given table highlights important details about ATMA 2018 exam format.
|Exam Mode||Offline and Online both: January Session (Online Mode) / May and July sessions (Offline Mode)|
|Number of parts||6|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Question Paper Type|| Objective Type (MCQs) |
|Exam duration||3 hours|
|Exam language|| English|
Exam Format in Detail of ATMA 2018
ATMA 2018 entrance exam will be organizeed in both online and offline modes. The examination for January session will be organizeed in Online mode, while the exam for May and July session will be organizeed in offline mode. The test will consist of a total of 180 questions. There is negative marking in the test. All the questions will be objective type (MCQs). For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Each question will carry 1 mark.
Please note that the 180 questions given in the exam paper will be divided into 6 sections and will follow the below-given format:
Required More Help In ATMA 2017? Write To Us
|Section||Name of Section||No. of Questions|
|1||Analytical Reasoning Skills||30|
|5||Analytical Reasoning Skills||30|
Each of the above-mentioned sections will have 30 MCQs. The three sections, namely Analytical Reasoning Skills, Verbal Skills, and Quantitative Skills will have 2 parts each, as shown in the table.
Marking Scheme of ATMA 2018
ATMA 2018 Marking Scheme is given below.
|Total Number of Questions||180|
|Question Type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Marks for Each Question||1 mark|
|Negative Marking||There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks.|
Aspirants are advised to note the below-given points with respect to marking scheme:
- There will be no penalty for leaving a response blank.
- Each question will have four options and the aspirant will need to mark one accurate response out of the four given options only.
- For each accurate response, 1 mark will be honoured.
- There will be negative marking. For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Choosing more than one response for Multiple-choice questions (MCQs) that have a single accurate answer, is considered to be invalid.
Syllabus of ATMA 2018
Below discussed is the exam syllabus for ATMA 2018 entrance exam. The syllabus aims to assess the aptitude of the aspirants for higher management education. The syllabus will include verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning, analyzing and synthesizing ability.
The main topics of the exam syllabus are:
- Analytical Reasoning Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Verbal Skills
Analytical Reasoning Skills
- No specialized knowledge of any particular field or a particular formula or theorem is a need for responding the questions in this section.
- This section will test the aspirant’s analytical skills and logical thinking abilities. For each question, the aspirant will need to analyze the situation and response the question cautiously.
- The thorough exercise of questions relating to logical thinking and reasoning aptitude will help aspirants to response this section successfully.
- Aspirants are advised to read English newspapers, magazines, etc. to increase their familiarity with words and improve vocabulary.
- This section assesses aspirant’s English language skills. Aspirants will be tested on factors such as accurate grammatical usage, vocabulary, familiarities with words, understanding and comprehension of the language while reading, etc.
- Questions will be based on the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Word Meaning: Antonyms, Synonyms, Analogies, Parallel relationships
- Sentence Completion
This section revolves around mathematics, numerical ability, calculation skills, etc. Topics covered in this section are given below: for doing well in this section. It is important for aspirants to exercise quick solving tricks with respect to calculations, etc.
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Number System
- Coordinate Geometry
- Profit & Loss
- Set Theory
- Improvements on
- Time & work
- Quadratic Equation
- Permutation & Combination
- Ratio & Proportion Variations
Reference Books for ATMA 2018
The following reference books will help aspirants in preparing for ATMA 2018 entrance exam. These books will let aspirants prepare for the various types and category of questions that can be expected in the exam.
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA||Sulava Ee||0070706360|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Agarwal||9352534026|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal||8121905524|
|Trishna's Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations||T.I.M.E||8131774163|
|Mathematics for MBA|| RS Agarwal||8121908450|
The details mentioned below are important and must be noted before appearing for the ATMA 2018 exam:
- Aspirants must report to the examination hall minimum 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the exam.
- Aspirants are expected to maintain decorum for smooth organisation of examination.
- On the day of the exam, aspirants must follow all the rules and regulations of the exam.
- Aspirants must carry a printout of the hall ticket and a valid photo identity proof at all times during the exam.
Share on Whatsapp